Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

"The World Is Laughing At Africa" - Billionaire Businessman, Mo Ibrahim, Says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "The World Is Laughing At Africa" - Billionaire Businessman, Mo Ibrahim, Says (424 Views)

"Being Single Will Save You A Thousand Times More Stress" - Juliet Ibrahim Says / "I’m Beginning To Think My Soul Mate Is Carbs" Juliet Ibrahim Says (photos) / "If Women Ruled The World There’ll Be No Wars" - Juliet Ibrahim Says (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The World Is Laughing At Africa" - Billionaire Businessman, Mo Ibrahim, Says by NigeriaGIST(m): 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
"The world is laughing at Africa because people in wheelchairs, unable to raise their hands are contesting for elections'' - billionaire businessman, Mo Ibrahim, says

One of Africa's richest men and founder of Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Mr. Mohammed Ibrahim, famously known as Mo Ibrahim, has condemned the continued support for old and ailing people who run for president in Africa. At a recent event where former president, Olusegun Obasanjo attended, the renowned businessman and philanthropist condemned the sit-tight attitude of many African leaders.

“Please allow me to be frank, don’t take offence. I wish to start from where President Obasanjo stopped about age. You have been president for so long that’s why you are careful with words. You see people at 90 years and about to start new terms, you guys are crazy or what (he said referring to youths in attendance).

“We see people in wheelchairs unable to raise hands standing for election. This is a joke; you are free to laugh…the whole world already laughing at us. The US, the most important country in the world, like it or not…Obama who is half African anyway was 46, 47 years. If ?Obama was in Kenya, ?what would he be doing ? ? He would ?be driving bus? maybe.? And he was not youngest president. (Bill) Clinton and (JF) Kennedy were even younger.?Why these big countries lead… men in their 40s entrust their nuclear weapon, economies, all resources.

“And we only pick up men at 90s to lead us. To lead us where? To the grave?'' he asked

Watch a video from the event below

Source @ http://www.premiumpaynigeria.com/2018/03/the-world-is-laughing-at-africa-because.html

Re: "The World Is Laughing At Africa" - Billionaire Businessman, Mo Ibrahim, Says by otipoju(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
True talk. Most African governments are Gerontracatic.

I think this is based on the very mistaken belief that the older you are, the wiser you get based on life experiences.

This is a fallacy because wisdom and age are not synonymous.

If you are not wise as a young fellow, you can not be wise as an elderly man. Your foolishness will remain with you just like Orubebe.
Re: "The World Is Laughing At Africa" - Billionaire Businessman, Mo Ibrahim, Says by Nukilia: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Shame on the sai baba chanters

(1) (Reply)

He Whom The Gods Favour; Seyi Tinubu’s Rising Influence In Lagos / Bonang Matheba Looks Stunning On The Cover Of Schick Magazine / JAMB: Teenager Commits Suicide Over His UTME Score In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.