Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Custom Duty Clarification! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Custom Duty Clarification! (1438 Views)

Silver Toks 2003 Toyota Corolla Sports,lagos Cleared,custom Duty Paid,#1.550m / Sparkling White Toks 09 Lagos Cleared BMW 530i,custom Duty Paid 4.250m / Purchase Cheap,accident free cars 4rm Cotonou.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2010
Now as some of yall already know; ikeyman solely  deregulate auto section!! i made it clear to some of these funny moderator that read the rules upside-down like a moslem fanatics autos section aint gona be just about selling cars

ok lets get something down

u paid an agent #250.00 to clear a saloon

in cost of recieving your car documentations ,this is how it goes . . . .

car valued at #1000,000

tax paid #57,000(custom duty) with their stamp on it  CUSTOM DUTY CERTIFICATE too small?

other money paid #23,000 CUSTOM RECIEPTS

total money paid into custom account[b] #80,000[/b]  BANK TRANSACTION RECIEPT
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2010
now lets get this straight; its not enough for clearing agent to come out to say there arent no fixed price in clearing cars. There are quite a few of them in nl so i think it time to come out to clearify disturbing wahala prevailing all along on the high ways in nigeria

me myself was in nigeria last dec, it wasnt easy driving down from lagos to east with police wahala cuz they were saying the money paid into the custom duty certificate is too small nevermind in total #80,000 was actually paid into their bank account out of #250,000 the agent collected from me

so im waiting . . .
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2010
car dealers should also join in cool
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2010
I will surely frequent this thread to be educated . . . . .
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by iyk1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I will surely frequent this thread to be educated . . . . .

me too cheesy
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by Fhemmmy: 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
I beg people educate us, so that we would know what happens to the money we paid, as well as when we give price to buyers, they will know how their money is being spent
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by autoparcs: 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2010
Autoparcs.com can assist you with any clearing issues. If you are looking for or want to sell cars, truck and parts online accross West Africa you can find all at autoparcs.com.
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
autoparcs:

Autoparcs.com can assist you with any clearing issues. If you are looking for or want to sell cars, truck and parts online accross West Africa you can find all at autoparcs.com.

We are here looking for info on how the money for clearing is calculated, so if you really want the business, be open and tell us how u arrive at the cost of clearing.
Break it down.
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2010
@@@@@

we are waiting

viperman

inspireman

adex

oya help out
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by CHANCEMAN: 12:01am On Apr 29, 2010
Of the 250k you paid how much did you expect should be the agents commission?
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by Fhemmmy: 4:02am On Apr 29, 2010
CHANCEMAN:

We are here to learn about it all . . .
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2010

i dnt know; i went through wahala driving from lagos to east side the police wahala too much cuz the were saying the money i paid is very low;

now question how much should it have been??

dnt mind those useless police wasting my time then on the high way; the only reason they got upper hand then was only duely that i just arrived from UK;stayed in lagos for some time then drove down to east

like someone said i have my cutsom duty certificate so what are custom/police on about; if the money paid in is that little then why issuing a certificate ??
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
@@@@@@

i always know these crew aint gona open up that easily

funny enough they will be the first to paste a VIN number

we are prepared to wait so long as it takes
Re: Custom Duty Clarification! by ikeyman00(m): 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
yessss

(1) (Reply)

Clean 2002 Honda Accord For Quick Sales (lagos Cleared) / How Do One Check Air Bags If They Are Functioning While Buying A Toks Car In Nigeria. / Very Clean Registered 2003 Mercedes E320 For N2.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.