Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen (31660 Views)

As A Male Secondary Teacher, Will You Flog A Student That Has Big Breast/yansh? / 'No Be Say I No Go Pay! They Go Flog Tire' T-shirt For Warri Schoolgirl, Success / UNIOSUN Students: "Free Dr Sesan, He Didn't Flog Us We Were Only Catching Fun" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by snowden9(m): 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
I'm a Batch A Stream 1 Corps member (Yea. Counting down weeks to my POP). I currently teach in a private school in rivers state. Nuff about all the intro. To the point now, shall we?
I experienced something today and I just thought i should share to all teachers(both corps members and full time teachers), intending teachers and intending corps members.

I had an SS1 economics class by 12pm and when I got to the class, few seconds in, the students didn't greet. I was expecting someone to save them and echo the routine class greeting so I wouldn't have to punish them (our proprietress have been sounding warning to us as of late to punish the students if we encounter any act of indiscipline from them. Not greeting a teacher qualified as an act of indiscipline). Someone finally called out for the class to greet. They all stood up to greet. Except one girl. I was a bit furious and i asked her why she didn't stand up and greet, she still bent her head on the desk without a reply and as expected, the 'Teacher dictator' in me(every teacher has it) wanted to call her out and give her some strokes of cane. I asked a student if the 'disobedient' girl was sick and the reply was 'No'. Now, i really got more pissed off and wanted to punish her but all of a sudden, i just ignored it, brushed it aside and went on with my teaching.

A few hours later, I was walking past the SS1 class and I saw a girl crying (a different girl),when I asked what happened, they told me one of their classmates mum that was pregnant lost her baby that's why she was crying. I came to know later that the other 'disobedient' girl of my economics class was crying at that time when I entered the class for the same reason that was why she didn't stand up to greet. On my own part, i had to praise myself for making the right decision not to punish her cos i know i wouldn't have been happy with myself if I had punished her and later found out that this was the reason why she didn't stand up to greet.

So my dear teachers, before you flog that student for coming late without listening to her reasons, do you know if she witnessed an altercation between her parents and she was the child trying to settle them? Before you flog him for failing, do you know if his guardian punished him by not feeding him all through yesterday just because he mistakenly broke a plate while washing? Meanwhile he had an exam to write the following day. Before you flog that child, do you know what's going on in the life of that child? Before you raise that cane above your head, ask yourself, 'Have i listened to this child?'

Listen.... It'll only take a minute.

201 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by snowden9(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Lalasticlala mynf44 fynestboi please let our teachers be educated on this for good student-teacher relationship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Thewesterner(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good of you

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by SEMO007(m): 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hmmm
Nice one
If only all the teachers that Flog the hell out of us in primary and secondary school could read dis

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by snowden9(m): 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:
Hmmm
Nice one
If only all the teachers that Flog the hell out of us in primary and secondary school could read dis
Seriously. I went to Air Force secondary school. my brother those soldiers will flog you for anything at all, good reason or no reason. infact they'll be flogging you while you're giving your reasons.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by SEMO007(m): 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
snowden9:

Seriously. I went to Air Force secondary school. my brother those soldiers will flog you for anything at all, good reason or no reason. infact they'll be flogging you while you're giving your reasons.

I had a teacher that would b flogging u and would ask u to say I love u

47 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Mariangeles(f): 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
Some of the children might even have health issues or terminally ill...just imagine flogging a child with a heart problem or an anaemic child

Modified: I think every school, from primary to secondary level should have psychologists

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Mariangeles(f): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
SEMO007:

I had a teacher that would b flogging u and would ask u to say I love u
That is sick!
Monsters posing as teachers...I remember Mr Ade and Mr Apostle

18 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Narldon: 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2018

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Benjom(m): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Ayodejioak(m): 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
That makes a lot of sense.

Narrows down the smart idea of thinking before acting

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by OriginalKogiboy(m): 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
OK O
Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by nanizle(m): 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
Flogging pupils under any circumstance should be criminalised. angry It is physical assault.

I know how that nonsense emotionally scarred me.

angry

No civilized society flogs their students.

angry

9 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Haryorbammmy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
This made remember the school where I served at Osun. I had this brilliant girl who answer questions correctly in class . Then one day she was so moody in class that she wasn't even answering me when I called her to answer a question, had to walk up to her to ask what the problem is. Initially, she didn't want to tell me what the problem is but after much persuasion she made me understand her father wakes her up every night to read, he wakes her up around 2am to start reading. For a 12/13 years old kid!!!. Most times Teachers should serve as Psychologists/Counsellor too. You don't have to use your cane at every given situation.

#TeachingIsLife

24 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
I have nothing to say

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by andreawills96(f): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
that was how I flogged a student Jss1 when I was serving at Ado-Ekiti oh, I couldn't use my leg properly for a week. had to call my parents oh

18 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Ejiphill09(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good Gesture from this Super teacher /Corper.
Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by marvin906(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
God my ass suffered sha..
touch your toe.
they graduated to flogging waist ..to back hand..
we suffer sha.
men we where three boxer the cane will still penetrate

7 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Lukgaf(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
I dedicate this to my colleagues
Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by chiefolododo(m): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
It doesn't change anyrhing
Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by MhizzAJ(f): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
snowden9:

You went to AFSS wow!
What set?

1 Like

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by GuntersChain(m): 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
go to a village school and flog a pupil, your life will never remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
Do they still flog students in this era?

Where is the civility in our exposure.

Pls report any school that flogs students.....to human right authorities or DM asap

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Pavore9: 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
A weak teacher hides behind caning.

11 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Darkseid(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
The teachers at the school I'm serving dey hold cane like samurais. The principal is always like; corper flog them very well but for me I can't try it. The students have gotten so used to cane that they don't fear it anymore, I just do my part and go my way.

7 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by dbanjj1629(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
This is a lesson for everyone. Before you flog that child,think............

5 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by lonelydora: 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2018
Twale for you

3 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by stephleena(f): 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
andreawills96:
that was how I flogged a student Jss1 when I was serving at Ado-Ekiti oh, I couldn't use my leg properly for a week. had to call my parents oh
lol..kopa of life

2 Likes

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by Pat081: 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Darkseid:
The teachers at the school I'm serving dey hold cane like samurais. The principal is always like; corper flog them very well but for me I can't try it. The students have gotten so used to cane that they don't fear it anymore, I just do my part and go my way.
nice one, if anything happens to d student d principal will b d 1st person to go to police station ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Teachers, Before You Flog That Child....Listen by jc4real(m): 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
snowden9:

They know you'll soon misbehave. They just want to flog you in advance.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Post Graduate Admission / What Song Comes To Your Mind - Photo / Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.