Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? (1184 Views)

Part 10 Is The Way Of Courtship God’s Pathway To Perfect Marriage? / Part 9 Is The Way Of Courtship God’s Pathway To Perfect Marriage? / The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by tlops(m): 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2007
I don't really believe in long period of courtship, I think courtship should be kept as short as possible before marriage. This is because of the so many things that use to be wrong but are now "turning" right. In order to avoid pre marital sex, I think courstship should not be too long for wild thought to start lurking on the mind of the couple. or what do you guys think??
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by Backslider(m): 7:09pm On Mar 08, 2007
Ask Gods Direction so that you will not marry a Jezebel
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2007
infact why even ask of her name? just marry her.
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by tlops(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2007
NO I never said no courtship and I beliueve in God's guidiance, I mean should it be so long that u one begins to make request for some immoral gratification. and the question is your point of view, not to make frivolous statements.
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2007
stupid topics deserve silly responses.

So in other words, the main reason a person should get married is so as not to commit fornication?

so when all is done and you are bored with the person, what happens then? You get a divorce and start again?
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by ov: 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2007
Thief of hearts u have a big problem with english! Tlops is asking for your view! if u got nothing to say then just post "no comments" or dont post at all. tlops courting is important so u know u are marrying a good person. say about 2-4yrs. wat do u think? pls Thief of hearts u dont have to reply[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2007
and who the hell are you?

hey tart, anyone that cared for MARRIAGE and not just a way to sleep with someone so as not to seem immoral would know that it'd best to have a long period of "courtship", no one said wait after 6 years or something but not 3 months or whatever either so you TRULY know the person you are actually entering this instution with.

get it now, toots?
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by mrmayor(m): 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2007
Hell has no fury like when TOH is pissed off! grin grin grin grin grin You are without doubt blunt.
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 09, 2007
Courtship for Christians should not be very long in order to avoid fornication which is hard when 2 people are in love,but is quite possible if necessary, conscious effort is made and one of them is not to prolong the courtship.

For a Christian,besides the physical attraction,there is an inner witness who the right one is.
@ the poster,I agree 100%, but I add that Christians must not give the devil a chance but unbelievers and plain church goers are not bound by that rule,they can and do fornicate freely.move in and test out the mate and sample various others before deciding,you cannot hold them by the same standards.
You will get different responses depending on who is responding to you.
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by agnesoseka: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2007
there's hardly a way 2 stay off sex in a courtship except the person is ur enemy, lol so i tink a shrt curtship is cool.
Re: What Do you Think About long period of Courtship? by tlops(m): 11:19am On Mar 19, 2007
okay thanks for ur contribution

(1) (Reply)

Is God A Sleeping God? / The God Of Suddenly And Immediately / The Science Of Total Recall Of Your Dreams:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.