Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

How Can I Get Customer Reviews For My Ecommerce Store? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Get Customer Reviews For My Ecommerce Store? (269 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Businesses Get Customer Service So Wrong? / My Ecommerce Business Success Story: How You Can Replicate It! / I Need Help On How To Boost Revenue To My Ecommerce Store? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Customer Reviews For My Ecommerce Store? by HotnaijaMarket(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2018
Welcome to Ask Shopify, a series where ecommerce experts tackle real questions and challenges from store owners who are trying to launch, build, and scale their stores. We’re here to help with every aspect of your store, from marketing to HR to accounting.
Who’s we? We’re the ecommerce experts both inside and outside of Shopify. Between our team, who spend all day immersed in the world of ecommerce (and who sometimes run stores themselves!) our squad of Shopify Experts, and our amazing customers, we have access to world-class expertise—and now you do too. So let’s dig in and get to your questions, because they’re good ones.
Question:
What’s the best way to get customer reviews for my store? I’ve tried several approaches and none have stuck. What’s the best to ask for feedback, and how? I have happy customers and lots of repeat business, but my reviews and feedback don’t reflect it. I’ve had thousands of transactions and only 35 reviews or so over the years.
Answer:
Social proof, especially in the form of customer reviews, can be one of the strongest tools in your ecommerce sales toolbox. It’s understandable that you’re frustrated your happy customers aren’t sharing that happiness with others.
To help you build a plan to convert those happy customers into satisfied reviewers, we spoke to Matt Morris, Marketing Automation Manager here at Shopify. While he was clear email isn’t the only way to encourage your customers to leave reviews, it’s a useful channel to start with when you’re looking to solicit reviews from exactly the right people. He also broke down the details of how to implement a review-generating strategy, so if you’ve tried email without much success before, this might be the fix you’re looking for.
Identify customers likely to leave reviews
Matt shared with us that a blanket approach to asking for feedback might not get you the results you’re looking for, and that to generate reviews, you should focus on customers who’ve recently (or consistently) had a positive experience with your business. They’re most likely to post a review in the first place.
If you’re wondering how to find who those customers are for your brand, Matt has segmentation advice that can help you target the people most likely to leave you reviews, and glowing ones at that.
“Have they bought more than one product from you? Have they reordered the same product multiple times? These are indicators that they're a loyal and happy customer who would be inclined to leave a positive review,” said Matt.
“Another data point you could look at is order value. People who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on your site likely get a lot of value out of your products, and they’re an ideal customer to ask for a review versus a customer who bought a ten dollar product to try you out for the first time.”
Continue Reading:- https://www.ngfind.com/2018/03/how-can-i-get-customer-reviews-for-my.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

NewBrandsXPO Holds In Nigeria June 2018 / How Consulting Firms Can Attract Customers Online / Mmm Founder Sergei Mavrodi Dies Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.