Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

New Waves (dready Boys) Of Early 90s Back With A Smash Hit - East Wind - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New Waves (dready Boys) Of Early 90s Back With A Smash Hit - East Wind (893 Views)

You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? / 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s / Download Video Of Kiss Daniel Smash Hit – No Do Video Teaser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Waves (dready Boys) Of Early 90s Back With A Smash Hit - East Wind by gregofoma(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2018
Over 25 years after their debut which took Nigeria & West African reggae circle by storm, the sensational New Waves who were also named after their hit track, The Dready Boys are back on the scene.

After series of setbacks few years after their debut in 1991, ranging from poor management to eventual rumor of the demise of the lead singer & youngest of the group, Greg Thompson (known today as St. Greg), the group disappeared totally from the music scene which made their millions of fans in Africa and beyond wonder what happened to them. With the sales of over 2million copies of their debut album, Yardstick, their numerous fans were buckling up for a great future full of entertainment from the young stars, only to see their dreams as mirage. 27 years down the line, the Sensational New Waves are back with a bang - East Wind which is a song the lead singer, St. Greg performed with all other members of the group - Jim Abel, Martin Steeve and Jackin Terah

Listening to the song, tears kept rolling from my eyes because this brought back the great memories of the typical New Waves songs, full of melody and great message. This is the New Waves at their best. And interestingly, it is a gospel song that centers on the activities of the Holy Spirit in us and for us. I was in awe watching these boys who have now turned men, all married with families doing music in a way that am sure will make them relevant even in the next 30 years.

I can't describe it enough, even though I had a first hand experience! All I need to say is "get ready for East Wind," both the audio and video releases happening on Friday, 9th of March @ 17:00 GMT+1 (5pm Nigerian Time)

At the end of the video, they wrote BEST SONGS ARE IN THE CHURCH and surely you can't agree less. East Wind is in a class of its own and more importantly establishes the joy of being a Christian!

Follow St. Greg on all social media as:
St Greg Music

ENJOY THE NEW WAVES AT THEIR BEST & TELL EVERYBODY!

(1) (Reply)

Taylor Swift Famous Singer, Facts, Biography / What Happened To Cartoons / The Avenger Super Villain, Thanos? See How Handsome He Looks In Real life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.