Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Books On Juju Recommendation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Books On Juju Recommendation (19378 Views)

Pastor In A Live Spiritual Battle With Juju Priest (Video) / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? / Anyone Help With Rituals, Ife,juju,black Magic Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Books On Juju Recommendation by Curiousmind(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2010
Hey

I am interested in learning how to prepare powerful Juju charms but i dont know which Nigerian Esoteric Books to start with

Anyone in This Forum that has knowledge on this Topic, should kindly recommend Books on Africa Juju Charms and were to purchase them

Thank You
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:40am On Apr 29, 2010
I have some in my collection (pdf format) which are you interested in and i can email them to you

[size=13pt]Witchcraft, Power And Politics: Exploring the Occult in the South African Lowveld (Anthropology, Culture and Society) [/size]
by: Isak Niehaus (Author), Eliazaar Mohala (Author), Kally Shokaneo (Author)

Book Description:

This is an extraordinary contemporary account of witchcraft and witch-hunting in the modern world. A powerful ethnographic study of witch-hunting in 1980s South Africa - a period of rapid social change with the dismantling of apartheid and the reinstating of the ANC - this book demonstrates the extent to which witchcraft must be seen, not as a residue of 'traditional' culture but as part of a complex social drama which is deeply embedded in contemporary political and economic processes.

Isak Niehaus provides the context for this fascinating study of witchcraft practices. He shows how the witchcraft was politicized against the backdrop of the apartheid state, the liberation struggle and the establishment of the first post-apartheid regime all affected conceptions of witchcraft. Niehaus demonstrates how the ANC and other political groups used witchcraft beliefs to further their own agenda. He explores the increasingly conservative role of the chiefs and the Christian church. In the process, he reveals the fraught nature of intergenerational and gender relations.

The result is a truly insightful and theoretically engaged account of a much-studied but frequently misunderstood practice.

[size=13pt]Magical Interpretations, Material Reality: Modernity, Witchcraft and the Occult in Postcolonial Africa[/size]
By H. Moore

Book Description:

This volume sets out recent thinking on witchcraft in Africa, paying particular attention to variations in meanings and practices. Using recent ethnographic materials from across the continent, the volume explores how witchcraft articulates with particular modern settings. Examples discussed in the text include the State in Cameroon; Pentecostalism in Malawi; the university system in Nigeria and the IMF in Ghana, Sierra Leone and Tanzania. The editors provide a timely overview and reconsideration of longstanding anthropological debate about 'African witchcraft, while simultaneously raising broader concerns about the theories of the western social sciences.

[size=13pt]
Magic in Ancient Egypt[/size]

by: Geraldine Pinch

Book Description:

The Egyptians were famous in the ancient world for their knowledge of magic. Religion, medicine, technology, and what we would call magic coexisted without apparent conflict, and it was not unusual for magical and "practical" remedies for illness, for example, to be used side by side. Everyone resorted to magic, from the pharaoh guarding his country with elaborate magical rituals to the expectant mother wearing amulets to safeguard her unborn child. In this book, Geraldine Pinch examines the connections between myth and magic and the deities--such as the goddess Isis, and the protective lion-demon Bes--who had special magical importance. She discusses the techniques of magic, its practitioners, and the surviving magical texts, as well as the objects that were used in magic: figurines, statues, amulets, and wands. She devotes a chapter to medicine and magic and one to magic and the dead. Finally, Dr. Pinch shows how elements and influences from Egyptian magic survived in or were taken up by later societies, right down to our own century.

[size=13pt]
The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation: Including the Demotic Spells: Texts[/size]

By Hans Dieter Betz

Product Description:

"The Greek magical papyri" is a collection of magical spells and formulas, hymns, and rituals from Greco-Roman Egypt, dating from the second century B.C. to the fifth century A.D. Containing a fresh translation of the Greek papyri, as well as Coptic and Demotic texts, this new translation has been brought up to date and is now the most comprehensive collection of this literature, and the first ever in English.

The Greek Magical Papyri in Transition is an invaluable resource for scholars in a wide variety of fields, from the history of religions to the classical languages and literatures, and it will fascinate those with a general interest in the occult and the history of magic.

"One of the major achievements of classical and related scholarship over the last decade."--Ioan P. Culianu, Journal for the Study of Judaism

"The enormous value of this new volume lies in the fact that these texts will now be available to a much wider audience of readers, including historians or religion, anthropologists, and psychologists."--John G. Gager, Journal of Religion

"shows care, skill and zest. . . . Any worker in the field will welcome this sterling performance."--Peter Parsons, Times Literary Supplement

[size=13pt]Cord of Blood: Possession and the Making of Voodoo (Anthropology, Culture and Society) (Paperback)[/size]
by Nadia Lovell

Book Description
The relationship between human beings and their gods lies at the centre of all questions of identity, individual and collective. Nadia Lovell examines how religious feelings reflect notions of personhood and belonging, and how religious involvement can transform gender relations, by focusing on cults of Vodhun (voodoo) possession among the Watchi in Southern Togo. Using this detailed ethnographic study as a point of departure she offers a fascinating insight into the complex interplay between religion, gender, ethnography and globalisation.

Lovell argues that the relationship of men and women to the Vodhun is one of mutual dependency: on the one hand human beings will gods to exist; on the other hand, gods embody themselves in human beings, especially women, through possession. Possession, according to Lovell, implies not only affliction, but the manifestation of creative potential through which women can express multiple identities -- a process through which concepts of gender are both confirmed and dismantled.

Looking in particular at the role of the devotees, Lovell presents an enticing account which offers an important contribution to the study of religion, gender and society.

[size=13pt]A Guide to Serving the Seven African Powers[/size]
By Denise Alvarado

Book Description:

Creole Voodoo, a unique blend of African, Haitian, Native American, Catholic, spiritualist, and European folk magic traditions, welcomes the uninitiated. Inside are complete instructions for creating altars for each of the Seven African Powers, including how to petition the orishas, as well as some practical spells. This guide is written for people who are not initiated into any specific Voodoo tradition, but would like to benefit from knowing and practicing age-old authentic Voodoo rituals. The author, born and raised in the Voodoo rich culture of New Orleans, has written this book from the perspective of Creole Voodoo, for which there are no formal initiation rites. This book is richly illustrated by the author, who is well-known for her unique conjure art style, and whose art has been celebrated in several books and on National Geographic's Taboo.
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Curiousmind(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2010
@Lagerwhenindoubt

Thanks alot for all the pdf samples posted by You on This Thread but unfortunately Your pdf do not have what i'm looking for

I am looking for a book or pdf that Teaches :-

HOW TO PREPARE THE FOUR TYPES OF ASE :- 1) AFOSE 2) MAYEHUN 3) OLUGBOHUN 4) GBETUGBETU

A Book that also Teaches all Types of General Imules and Specific Imules for Acquiring African magical powers like AGBAWO AWO, IPARADA, OFE, AFERI, ARIN, ERA SISA, OKIGBE, ORUKA AGAWO, AWOSE OLOMI, IRIRAN

Thank You

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:57am On Apr 29, 2010
it would interest you to know that African Juju practice is hardly revealed in literature (in its pure form) but rather handed-down to apprentices and relatives by word of mouth or learning by practice.

Available literature is not as detailed either
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by PrinceA3: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2012
Let me know if you are still seeking enlightenment on Ifa and Ase preparation
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by PrinceA3: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
Let me know if you still seek knowledge on Ifa and Ase preparation
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Dynamique: 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
@prince A3,i need it,i seek ase&other varieties.
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by PrinceA3: 8:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
Send me a PM to know more
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Dynamique: 3:34am On Mar 03, 2012
Drop an email.
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by dammycool4real: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2013
dammycool4real@gmail.com
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by cmoney22222: 11:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 09, 2016
.@
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by toheeb1995: 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Am also interested... Bellotoheeb1995@gmail.com
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Ochoiho: 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
It is appointed unto man once to die, and after that Judgement.

1 Like

Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Obaf1(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2017
PrinceA3:
Let me know if you are still seeking enlightenment on Ifa and Ase preparation
me self need am plz oh, adesholaobaf@yahoo.com
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by kaja4real: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
PrinceA3:
Let me know if you still seek knowledge on Ifa and Ase preparation
bros abeg i need it too
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Beyhiodie(m): 1:48am On Jul 26, 2017
I hope he will also tell you the repercussion of all these...... but only if he knows it.... It will be a good thing of you can repent before its too late
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Olawalekay: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
Can I get the book am interested Kunledouglas.ramzy@yahoo.com
Re: Books On Juju Recommendation by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
You don't need all these. It's total waste of time and also makes you vulnerable to demonic influences.

All you need is the full revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ. That's enough to make you a super being, having the very nature of Christ, having received His righteousness.

You'll be far above all spirits and dominions, be it in heaven or on Earth or in the sea or beneath the Earth.

(1) (Reply)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Photos From David Oyedepo's 62nd birthday Party / Where Is Pastor Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministries Worldwide?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.