Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Amazon To Fix Alexa After Reports Of Random “creepy” Laughter - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amazon To Fix Alexa After Reports Of Random “creepy” Laughter (378 Views)

How To Fix PHED Prepaid Meter ‘rejected’ Error / Disney And Epic Games Withdraw Youtube Ads After Reports Of Pedophilia / Audio Reveals Creepy Details Of UFO Mystery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazon To Fix Alexa After Reports Of Random “creepy” Laughter by tellodds: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
Amazon has responded to user reports of random bursts of “creepy” laughter coming from Alexa devices.

Users have been taking to social media to report instances where their Alexa-enabled smart speakers have let out audible laughs despite the voice assistant not being prompted.

One Twitter user wrote: “Lying in bed about to fall asleep when Alexa on my Amazon Echo Dot lets out a very loud and creepy laugh… there’s a good chance I get murdered tonight.”

Another user shared a video of the Alexa laugh, adding: “I thought a kid was laughing behind me.”

Others have resorted to unplugging the device in order to fix the problem.

Read also: 11,000 people queue up to buy just 200 Apple Gadgets

One user even claims that to have asked Alexa why it laughed and got the response, “Sorry, I am not sure”.

Amazon has since issued a statement, confirming that it is aware of the problem and is aiming to fix it by changing the voice command for laughter.

Full Odd Story
https://tellodds.com/amazon-announces-fix-alexa-after-reports-of-random-creepy-laughter/

(1) (Reply)

Uses And Applications Of The Bomb Calorimeter / Travel Grants For African Young Researchers / In The Future, Electric Cars To Charge While You Are Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.