Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

World's Richest Senators Receive $37,500 Monthly Each, Separate From Salaries - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / World's Richest Senators Receive $37,500 Monthly Each, Separate From Salaries (2514 Views)

The World Richest Beggar / Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats / See The World's Richest Man In History, Not Bill Gates ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World's Richest Senators Receive $37,500 Monthly Each, Separate From Salaries by yesir: 6:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
There are 109 Senators and 360 members of the House of Representatives so in terms of payment by result, the Nigerian lawmakers do not deserve such high pay and surely does not perform their duties to warrant such hyper inflated pay. In America, a Senator earns 174,000 US dollars and in the UK, a Member of parliament about 64,000 US dollars a year. So what do our lawmaker do for this generous amount can someone please tell me why they deserve this enormous amount of money. It is about time Nigerians demand better service and improvement for Nigeria and Nigerians.
No one deserves that much money while ordinary people are scavenging to make ends meet. Nigeria has got multitude of deprivation; high infant mortality rate, maternal mortality rate, malnutrition, inadequate health care and transportation and lack of electricity outage, high crime rates, high number of young people not in education, employment or in training. So why is some of these excesses going to improve the lives of Nigerians. So instead Nigerians lawmakers are paid for below par performance and disregard to the electorates that they are meant to represent. I feel that ordinary Nigerians have been severely short changed, cheated and insulted by these so called honourable people.Our  investigation revealed that, the Nation's Senators are the highest paid in the World.
A Senator, who wants to remain anonymous on this issue for fear of being suspended by the other senators  says, "I think what I can say is that the running cost of a senator is N13.5 million every month."
Visit www.360degreenaija..com

(1) (Reply)

Describe Men In One Word: :-\ :-\ / Micheal Jackson Lands Lagos ! / These Pictures Would Make You Laugh Your Head Off. A Xmas Present For Nl's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.