Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff (12313 Views)

Diary Of BrunĂ², The South African Mastiff / South African Conservationist Killed By White Lions / 2 Weeks Old Boerboel/South African Mastiff For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 2:02pm On May 10, 2018
MORE PICTURES..!

I Can't remember exactly how old Trixie is here but she should be about 9-10 month old here. She loves eating Noodles + Boiled Fish + Egg.

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 12:09pm On May 11, 2018
MORE PICTURES

Trixie Loves Chicken to the bones and I always give her full chicken serving atleast once a week. Mostly on Fridays, she feeds on chicken throughout the day.

Though, I noticed she was bigger when she was feeding on Goat meat and bones than when she's feeding on chicken. I personally think Dogs grow and glow with Goat product than other animal produce. Even goat milk is the best for them. Please, Correct me if I'm wrong about this.

2 Likes

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2018
MORE PICTURES..!

PICS::: Trixie getting so serious with her Dry food.

Trixie has outgrown and outweighed the tie-out chain in these pictures cuz she broke the chain on several occasions (about 3 times). I even changed the tie-out chain to a new one and she broke it again. This time around, immediately she was able to break the chain, she attacked one of my new neighbours (I wasn't home). Thank God my brother was home, he quickly intervened and just a little claw-wound was sustained.

With Immediate effect, I changed the chain to a very big one, a heavy duty chain. I even jokingly said this chain can hold a Lion grin To my surprise she broke the chain the second day while I tied her out and was cleaning her cage then I examined the chains and I realized the Pet shop wants us to come back often, no wonder the chain was so weak and not well attached on one end. I used hard metal to hit the end of the chain into its place and used padlock to tighten it to her cage. Since then, I can tie her out anytime with peace of mind.

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2018
When Trixie was 8 Months Old, She Came on her first heat... Though she was looking big enough and some people/breeders said I should mate her but I decided not to since I've read a lot about mating Dogs on their first heat and it isn't really good, for the type of puppies I really want at least. So I decided to take the chill pill and let her grow more and mate her on her second or third heat.

Fast forward to March 2018, Trixie came on heat again and I already made the decision to mate her this time around cuz she's looking so big and mature enough to handle the pregnancy now. Then I started searching for a good stud to use, I remember posting a thread here on Nairaland for any available good stud to use but I wasn't really okay with the ones I saw. I knew I would get a better Stud so I kept on searching until I found a large pedigree stud.

I always get on well with Dogs generally and I don't get scared around them even If I'm meeting the dog for the first time but when I saw and met this huge stud, Damn... I was so scared that I could feel my heart forcing its way out of my chest. The dog was freed from its cage right in front of me and I thought it was a setup, cheesy like they want the dog to tear me into pieces. To my surprise, the owner was just controlling it with the words of his mouth as if he was using a remote to switch channels on TV. I must admit, I haven't seen a Boerboel that huge face-to-face in my life. The head is almost 3 x bigger than Trixie's head. shocked

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Teemothymass(m): 10:26pm On May 15, 2018
aywhy93:
When Trixie was 8 Months Old, She Came on her first heat... Though she was looking big enough and some people/breeders said I should mate her but I decided not to since I've read a lot about mating Dogs on their first heat and it isn't really good, for the type of puppies I really want at least. So I decided to take the chill pill and let her grow more and mate her on her second or third heat.

Fast forward to March 2018, Trixie came on heat again and I already made the decision to mate her this time around cuz she's looking so big and mature enough to handle the pregnancy now. Then I started searching for a good stud to use, I remember posting a thread here on Nairaland for any available good stud to use but I wasn't really okay with the ones I saw. I knew I would get a better Stud so I kept on searching until I found a large pedigree stud.

I always get on well with Dogs generally and I don't get scared around them even If I'm meeting the dog for the first time but when I saw and met this huge stud, Damn... I was so scared that I could feel my heart forcing its way out of my chest. The dog was freed from its cage right in front of me and I thought it was a setup, cheesy like they want the dog to tear me into pieces. To my surprise, the owner was just controlling it with the words of his mouth as if he was using a remote to switch channels on TV. I must admit, I haven't seen a Boerboel that huge face-to-face in my life. The head is almost 3 x bigger than Trixie's head. shocked
Must be a very huge male boerboel am sure pictures won't do justice to
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2018
Teemothymass:

Must be a very huge male boerboel am sure pictures won't do justice to

Seriously. He's very huge, the biggest I've seen Bro. His name is VEGAS... Despite the fact that Pictures don't do justice to huge dogs, you'll still see the justification in the pictures. I had to terminate the mating contract with the stud I wanted to use before immediately I saw him. I'll upload his pictures and the mating pictures soon.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Teemothymass(m): 10:47pm On May 15, 2018
aywhy93:

Seriously. He's very huge, the biggest I've seen Bro. His name is VEGAS... Despite the fact that Pictures don't do justice to huge dogs, you'll still see the justification in the pictures. I had to terminate the mating contract with the stud I wanted to use before immediately I saw him. I'll upload his pictures and the mating pictures soon.

Stay tuned!
Would keep my fingers crossed. Would love to see the two together. Keep up the good work on your dog.

1 Like

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 7:31am On May 16, 2018
Teemothymass:

Would keep my fingers crossed. Would love to see the two together. Keep up the good work on your dog.

Yeah, In a bit. Thanks a lot for dropping by Bro. wink

1 Like

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by donshaize(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2018
2much suspense

1 Like

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 11:45pm On May 16, 2018
donshaize:
2much suspense

grin grin grin
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 7:19am On May 20, 2018
Hi Guys... I'm Sorry I've Not Uploaded Pictures and Updated This Thread in a While. I've Got Network and Phone Issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, back to business...

Here is the Pedigree Stud I Chose to mate Trixie. The name of the Stud is VEGAS. He is so huge, weighing 85kg during this period. Whenever he is walking gently at his best, whoever is holding him will still get dragged kinda. I was in fact told that he lost weight recently due to too much of servicing grin and he is just recovering. The first mating took place on the 11th of March, 2018. And I was told to hold Trixie after she was muzzled that day, Trixie wasn't the problem for me, Vegas was. I was afraid he might change his mind, get angry and attack me the way he was looking at me suspiciously. lipsrsealed But thank God the mating went well with a long tie even though Trixie refused completely to be deflowered by Vegas' huge something at first, after a lot of pampering and reassurance from me, she eventually spread her legs for him. cheesy

Even though, pictures are not doing enough justice to his size. You can see the difference in Vegas' head and Trixie's head, even their body. Only those who know how big Trixie is will understand how big Vegas would be in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 11:54am On May 20, 2018
The second mating was on the 14th of March, while the last one was on the 16th of March, 2018.

The second mating didn't go well at all cuz Trixie was proving so stubborn this time, she even changed it for the Stud owner. grin She wouldn't let Vegas climb her and she wanted to off her cloth and fight (In my mind, I was like Abijawara cheesy), even after holding her, she scratched my hand with her sharp claws and my hand was bleeding seriously with lots of blood. (I've never cut her nails before, imagine undecided ). Well, my hand has healed up sha, thank God. wink At a point, few seconds, Vegas was in though no tie so we fixed the last mating on the 16th. The last mating was smooth, there was a tie and after the long tie, Trixie just shake body grin then I was so sure Trixie would get pregnant.

The Stud owner reminded me of our agreement, he's to choose his Pup first when she whelps too and I smiled and nodded but in my mind I was like... Chaaiii, after paying handsomely for Stud fee, you'll still come and carry the biggest Pup in the litter. But I'm happy with him, he gave me what I wanted. smiley

1 Share

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 12:13pm On May 20, 2018
Before the mating, I used to feed Trixie twice a day (morning & night). After the mating, the 3rd week to be precise, I started feeding her thrice and from the 6th week, four times a day and she also takes her pregnant care daily. I saw this online on a foreign forum I read often, that this type of feeding schedule helps the Pups grow well and healthy. It also helps the Mum in producing milk as she's stepping into motherhood. A lot of animal protein were in her food as well. Nothing changed in Trixie during these periods, she's still very energetic and playful as she used to be. At some point, I started seeing the expected signs for each week of the pregnancy and she started increasing in size too, It was obvious she's heavily pregnant.

So many people believe so much in that dumb and illogical idea that you should tie a pregnant dog so that she wont stretch out the pups and abort. But since I always follow foreign breeders in things like this, and none of them, at least, the ones I know very well ties their Bitches when they are pregnant. I didn't bother doing the shit. I gave Trixie the opportunity to exercise herself and move freely, even exercise is recommended for safe delivery in humans. I'll urge our Nigeria Breeders to expose themselves very well, move freely and share ideas with foreign breeders constantly, it's free to do that on Instagram.
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Teemothymass(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2018
The stud named Vegas is truly massive and great bro
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2018
Teemothymass:
The stud named Vegas is truly massive and great bro

Yeah Bro, really really massive... I'm hoping to keep the biggest male from this litter. wink
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Jungpablo: 9:56am On May 21, 2018
very good dogs
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2018
Jungpablo:
very good dogs

Thanks Brother. wink cheesy cool
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Willexmania(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2018
aywhy93 How Much For The puppies ?
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2018
Willexmania:
aywhy93 How Much For The puppies ?

Hello, Good evening.

Kindly Chat me up on WhatsApp, click the Whatsapp link in my signature. Saves you the stress of saving my number first. wink

Or better still, you can call - 081 6724= 0799.
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2018
More Updates Coming Today. BTW, Trixie has Whelped and the Pups are Amazingly Huge and Doing Fine. They are 5 days old now. smiley
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by rumenase(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2018
aywhy93:
More Updates Coming Today. BTW, Trixie has Whelped and the Pups are Amazingly Huge and Doing Fine. They are 5 days old now. smiley

pics grin
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2018
rumenase:

pics grin

In a bit sir. grin Make them bring this mumu light, make I upload from PC. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Tochex101(m): 9:51pm On May 23, 2018
Nepa bring light oh, we want to see our newborns.....
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 11:39pm On May 23, 2018
Tochex101:
Nepa bring light oh, we want to see our newborns.....
rumenase:

pics grin
They don bring am since ooh but I don forget and was feeling lazy too grin
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 11:44pm On May 23, 2018
I have been busy ever since she whelped and i haven't taken enough pictures but manage this one first.

They are 2 days old when I took this picture. They are 6 days old today and about two times that size now. Detailed Updates in a bit.

Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Tochex101(m): 6:43am On May 24, 2018
Nice healthy pups, has Vegas owner picked his?
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 8:22am On May 24, 2018
Tochex101:
Nice healthy pups, has Vegas owner picked his?

Thanks Man.

No, he hasn't... When They Are Of Age, I Guess.
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Jungpablo: 9:04am On May 24, 2018
aywhy93:
I have been busy ever since she whelped and i haven't taken enough pictures but manage this one first.

They are 2 days old when I took this picture. They are 6 days old today and about two times that size now. Detailed Updates in a bit.

beautiful. are yu going to dock their tail?
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Nobody: 9:07am On May 24, 2018
I really love this.. Wish I could get one but the house I live gat no space for this.
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by durubrian(m): 1:41pm On May 24, 2018
Izuogu1:
I really love this.. Wish I could get one but the house I live gat no space for this.

move to another house.
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by Jungpablo: 2:41pm On May 24, 2018
durubrian:

move to another house.

e easy? grin
Re: Meet "Trixie" - My Huge, Energetic, Strong and Bold Fawn South African Mastiff by aywhy93(m): 1:16am On May 25, 2018
Jungpablo:

beautiful. are yu going to dock their tail?

Thanks man. I'm not planning to. I can't bear watching those cuties lose their important body part. Though some people want me to. What's your take on this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

But Is Bingo The Only Nigeria Breed Of Dog (pix) / Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix / Mmk Home Of Caucasian Shepherds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.