Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

After Waiting For Nff For 8yrs Kenneth Otigba Accepts Hungarian Fa Fifth Call-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / After Waiting For Nff For 8yrs Kenneth Otigba Accepts Hungarian Fa Fifth Call-up (452 Views)

I Was Threatened By NFF For Composing Song Celebrating Super Eagles - Austino / Yusuf: I Thank God, NFF For My Recall To Super Eagles, Set To Assist Rohr / Big Disappointment For NFF Boss Astammy Abraham Gets England Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After Waiting For Nff For 8yrs Kenneth Otigba Accepts Hungarian Fa Fifth Call-up by herroyalcutenes: 4:35am On Mar 10, 2018
After waiting for NFF FOR 8yrs Kenneth Otigba, Accepts Hungarian Fifth FA call-up. Former Heerenveen and Kasimpasa star Kenneth Otigba has committed his international future to Hungary after he was overlooked for selection by the Nigerian Federation and manager Gernot Rohr.

And the Kaduna-born central defender could make his debut for Hungary in exactly two weeks time when their national team face off against Kazakhstan in a friendly at Groupama Aréna (Budapest).

On March 27, on the same date that the Super Eagles will be battling Serbia at the Hive Stadium in London, Otigba will be with the Hungarian national team for a friendly against Scotland.

''I think the biggest surprise in the list is Otigba Kenneth's name. I contacted him and we talked for a long time because I wanted to know if he would like to play in the Hungarian national team with the whole heart to help the national team,'' Hungary manager Georges Leekens told reporters.

''As he replied yes, I invited him to the squad as well because I think he can benefit the team, but I also think of all the other players in the squad.''

Now on the books of famous Hungarian club Ferencváros, Otigba has been capped by Hungary at youth level but had pledged his international future to Nigeria in 2015.

He is among the 12 defenders named to Hungary's 37-man roster for the friendlies later this month. He is among the top five earning footballers in Hungary and a top celebrity. He is the first person to be repeatedly called up to the Hungarian national team. Otigba was born in Kaduna, but he moved to Hungary when he was four.

Re: After Waiting For Nff For 8yrs Kenneth Otigba Accepts Hungarian Fa Fifth Call-up by Hadeya(m): 4:37am On Mar 10, 2018
Is he a left full back? Our super Eagles need our best legs.

(1) (Reply)

Champions League: Why We Beat Barcelona 3-0 – Roma Manager, Di Francesco / Champions League Semi-finals: Liverpool V Roma, Bayern Munich V Real Madrid / Jose Mourinho: Man Utd Season Not Judged On FA Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.