Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,430 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (824661 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by obonujoker(m): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2018
Please is it possible to get a room self con in deira area??

Coz I am hearing I can get at 60,000 AED per annum??
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by HenryCavill: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Check on dubizzle or bayut. 60k for a studio in Deira, I think, is way too much. If you are willing to spend such an amount on a studio you can check other areas towards business bay, marina and JLT.

obonujoker:

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Uwaiwe: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hello house, pls Anybody with idea of how long it takes to process residence visa?
And also my employer reduced my base salary on the MOL residence visa application form. What is the implication?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by BAY1759: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Uwaiwe:
Hello house, pls Anybody with idea of how long it takes to process residence visa?
And also my employer reduced my base salary on the MOL residence visa application form. What is the implication?

About 2 weeks.

On your second question....Meaning, you are at the mercy of the agreement the employer had with you. If your employer decide to give you that amount at a later date....nothing do them. Where you given an offer letter stating the figure your employer said you will be paid? If yes....at least you go still get "small" mouth. But na the one whey dey labour be koko.

My opinion.
obonujoker:

Yes. But 60K? That is one expensive apartment. If you intend spending that amount....do look at other places. check Bayt and Dubizzle.

Topsy24:
Am having only $400 with me as BTA hope i won't have issues with immigration at the port.thanks

Honestly...Nope. But, take note....If you like have 9,000 USD on you for BTA sef...Nigerian immigration officers are mostly assholes. Be prepared. Have some spare Naira on you for various bribes. Maintain your ground and don't let anyone bamboozle you with words or threats.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 2:11am On Apr 22, 2018
BAY1759:

About 2 weeks.

On your second question....Meaning, you are at the mercy of the agreement the employer had with you. If your employer decide to give you that amount at a later date....nothing do them. Where you given an offer letter stating the figure your employer said you will be paid? If yes....at least you go still get "small" mouth. But na the one whey dey labour be koko.

My opinion.

Yes. But 60K? That is one expensive apartment. If you intend spending that amount....do look at other places. check Bayt and Dubizzle.

Honestly...Nope. But, take note....If you like have 9,000 USD on you for BTA sef...Nigerian immigration officers are mostly assholes. Be prepared. Have some spare Naira on you for various bribes. Maintain your ground and don't let anyone bamboozle you with words or threats.

And mostly be at airport on time, at least 3-4 hrs before take off time

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Hybrid600: 3:13am On Apr 22, 2018
Topsy24:
Am having only $400 with me as BTA hope i won't have issues with immigration at the port.thanks
A friend missed her flight on Thursday coz she had only $200 as BTA but later made it $400 and bullied whoever tried to use first time Traveller mind to obtain her...
Hold your $400 with some change to cool hungry hands if you won't be able to bully them back..
I'll advise you don't let any officer ride on you.....
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 7:22am On Apr 22, 2018
Hybrid600:

A friend missed her flight on Thursday coz she had only $200 as BTA but later made it $400 and bullied whoever tried to use first time Traveller mind to obtain her...
Hold your $400 with some change to cool hungry hands if you won't be able to bully them back..
I'll advise you don't let any officer ride on you.....

But come to think of it, if she had 200USD as BTA and is traveling to UAE, Whats her plan on surviving in a foreign land with that little amount? which is about 70,000 Naira?
Some people need to be guided on the right thing to do to be successful and not to be stranded in a Foreign land.
The major problem for Job seekers is coming to UAE with little money and hoping on help from above or " My Man dey Dubai" only little succeed with that idea. so if you have 1m Naira, carry them all to UAE and Spend wisely.
Many people miss lots of job opportunities/Interviews cos they don't have 15AED on their metro card to go for interview as they try to economize the little amount they came with..

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 7:26am On Apr 22, 2018
edafe2000:
Hello house please I seriously need your help am processing a Dubai 3months visa have done the pcc but the guy said there is a paper that would be send to me from dubia that I will take along with me to abuja so I should send him 200k first which is part of his payment so am confused so I kindly need your help on this.
What exactly is the confusion About??
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 7:27am On Apr 22, 2018
But the funny thing is that the uae immigration will never ask u to show them ur bta at point of entry, why the fuss about it here in Nigeria side?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Uwaiwe: 7:42am On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=BAY1759 post=66915060]

About 2 weeks.

My opinion.

Thank you bro. I appreciate your advice
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 8:06am On Apr 22, 2018
justi4jesu:

Very vague question.
grin grin
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 8:07am On Apr 22, 2018
joelreg:
Goodluck
Where on this planet have u been?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2018
Sicilyjoe:
But the funny thing is that the uae immigration will never ask u to show them ur bta at point of entry, why the fuss about it here in Nigeria side?
cos 9ja immigration cares about your wellbeing in UAEgrin
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by edafe2000: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2018
nattybanta:

What exactly is the confusion About??
wha am saying is that is there any document that would be send from Dubai to me that I will take along with me to abuja
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2018
edafe2000:
wha am saying is that is there any document that would be send from Dubai to me that I will take along with me to abuja

You are same person that said your agent said he/she would send u a document which u would take to Abuja to obtain your visa. so i just don't get u again asking same thing and saying u r confused.....

90 days UAE are approved in UAE and issued at the UAE Embassy in Abuja. S your agent would send you the approved copy and you would have to take it to the UAE Embassy to obtain your Original Visa after you must have Paid for and completed your Biometrics at the Embassy.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Hybrid600: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
nattybanta:

But come to think of it, if she had 200USD as BTA and is traveling to UAE, Whats her plan on surviving in a foreign land with that little amount? which is about 70,000 Naira?
Some people need to be guided on the right thing to do to be successful and not to be stranded in a Foreign land.
The major problem for Job seekers is coming to UAE with little money and hoping on help from above or " My Man dey Dubai" only little succeed with that idea. so if you have 1m Naira, carry them all to UAE and Spend wisely.
Many people miss lots of job opportunities/Interviews cos they don't have 15AED on their metro card to go for interview as they try to economize the little amount they came with..

Smiles.... She was only gonna transit in Dubai before heading to Maldives for vacation to meet friends...
Mistake i think she made was showing the $200 when asked for BTA....
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Adebecky01: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pls house to have your BTA (naira) in ur credit card or to carry along dollar with you, which one is safer and better? Thanks for you swift respond
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Hybrid600: 2:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
Sicilyjoe:

That's the problem with some African countries especially Nigeria... Theyll mostly use it to intimidate travellers when nor sabi what's up...
Immigration suppose don get my frame for MMIA coz of wetin I dey do them.....
To me Abuja is best place to fly from coz what goes on in MMIA Lagos hardly happens in Abuja from research iv made

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olajideolajide(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
please house, As anybody used Nigeria Medical result authenticate at embassy to process their Emirate ID. urgent!
please answer my question
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olaitanpeter(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
pls naija people fr uae my guy over dere dey tell to come over with assurrance of getting even restaurant work bt some dey say work no dey pls how true is dis
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 4:31am On Apr 23, 2018
NONNYG:
cos 9ja immigration cares about your wellbeing in UAEgrin

Story
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 4:35am On Apr 23, 2018
Adebecky01:
Pls house to have your BTA (naira) in ur credit card or to carry along dollar with you, which one is safer and better? Thanks for you swift respond

U better change it to dollar here and travel with it, even when u land at airport there do not change ur dollar there or maybe little for transport, when u enter town u go to exchange office and change what amount u like, airport dey commot too much money compare to town

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olajideolajide(m): 6:13am On Apr 23, 2018
please house, As anybody used Nigeria Medical result authenticate at embassy to process their Emirate ID. ( for people who went with direct employment visa).
urgent respond
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Taofeekdboy(m): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2018
olajideolajide:
please house, As anybody used Nigeria Medical result authenticate at embassy to process their Emirate ID. ( for people who went with direct employment visa).
urgent respond
you will have to another medical test for the residence permit( Emirates ID), that medicals done in your home country is for the employment visa while the medical here is for their emirate ID and you must pass the medical before issuing Emirates ID...kalas
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by edafe2000: 7:45am On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=nattybanta post=66926064]
ok thanks my guy but how many weeks does it takes for it to come out. and are you in Dubai presently
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nattybanta(m): 7:56am On Apr 23, 2018
edafe2000:
ok thanks my guy but how many weeks does it takes for it to come out. and are you in Dubai presently
It takes between 24hours to infinity for it to be approved. depending on your source.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by joelreg(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2018
nattybanta:

Where on this planet have u been?

Broda I dey
Workaholic and lowkey
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olajideolajide(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
Taofeekdboy:
you will have to another medical test for the residence permit( Emirates ID), that medicals done in your home country is for the employment visa while the medical here is for their emirate ID and you must pass the medical before issuing Emirates ID...kalas

Thanks. very detail
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by edafe2000: 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
[quote author=nattybanta ok bro but have send the guy 200k for a week now and have not heard from him his said I should wait till Thursday
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Naijaonfire(m): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
MY SUCCESS STORY.
I have been on ghost mood in this forum ever since I landed in Dubai, waiting for a day like this to share my joy with all.
I applied for Dubai Visa on 7th of January 2018 through a kid brother(agent) and it came out on the 16th of February after much verbal fight. I downloaded PCC online, did the tomb print and waybill it to Lagos to be signed and stamped (6k), it was done n waybill back to me the next day and I collected it on the 3rd day. I went straight to Abuja n did all the necessary authentication (PCC and my degree), booked a flight to fly from Abuja. On the 3rd of march, I got to the Abuja airport at 4pm and went to Emirates airline checking points, all my documents were complete but no hotel reservations. I tried to bribe my way in with 1k but staff at the point got angry with for trying to insult them with 1k, that I give them a reasonable amount. I left them, when to a cyber café upstairs, did the reservation for 2k, came back and was allowed in for other checks.
The checks were simple and I boarded, took off 7pm Nigerian time and landed at 4am Dubai time. At the airport, I changed $200 and was waiting for my so called agent to come n pick me. I used my Nigerian line to call his number at the rate of 200naira per minute n 60naira per minutes to receive calls. At the end, he asked to enter the yellow plate number cabs with meter which I did. He asked me to give the driver my phone so he can direct him where to take me to. when we got to the place, I got down n my charge was saying 50dirhams and immediately, I converted it to naira... 5k! for a distance I can treck? no wahala na abroad I don come so ooo.
When I got to my accommodation building, the guy kept me standing outside for over 2hrs, gisting. At the end he told me that I should bring money for my bed space, 150$. He went up n paid, the room owner gave me a balance of 80dirhams n I asked why because I was expecting 50$ or its equivalent but said he took 100dirhams for DEWA, kitchen n WiFi which I later found out was my agent's(a brother o) commission for bringing me to the room(In Dubai, no brother, no friend).
My first heartbreak was when I finally entered d 11x11 room with more than 13men in it and they showed me my space under d bed, 2nd was when I saw bedbugs dancing skelewo on my bed, tears dropped from my eyes. I. Started thinking of going back to 9ja but d thought of the amount I have spent already reset my brain immediately. I spent 2 days thinking of my life and the abroad I have come to. I got a friend who was consoling n advising me. until I started eating on the 3rd day.
I got to know that 90% of all these non career jobs in Dubai are bought with money, either agents ask you for money or the the company directly . With my quick study I understood that everyone in Dubai is an agent, just to inform u where they are conducting interview or a number to call, they ask for agency fee. I noticed that the jobs that can pay the level of salary I want to start with are not available even with agency fee. so I registered for Sira(DPS) and went for the training n kept submitting CVs online. I got some interview invitation n after passing, they will ask for between 300k to 850k. I was like... after spending over 1m for visa,Pre employment medical 35k@ karama) SIRA courses, flight, POD course at Dubai police academy etc, I will still pay such a huge amount to get a job I did it's interview?
On 24th of March at about 10am, a friend forwarded to me an interview that will hold that day at 11am. I was reluctant to go because I didn't apply, I was not called nor texted to come and it was almost the time for the interview but my guy insisted that I should go n try my luck. I had to go just to please him. I got to the venue at Al Qouz at abt 2pm and wrote my name on the list. number was 149. After d interview, I was selected because I have all the requirements n certificates. I submitted all the requirements n was asked to pay 1500dirhams via assurance fee(refundable after 6months) I paid and was issued a receipt as regards to that. NOTE: I paid because I was dealing with the company direct and in their head office. I signed my agreement n submitted my passport on the d 28th of April, the next day the manager travelled home(Philippine) and my visa process was not treated. the Indian that took over from him dropped our files, started telling us stories and was busy treating his brothers files.
The Philippine manager finally came back last week, called me on Sunday 22nd to sign my offer letter and today being Monday 23 to come n take my EMPLOYMENT VISA and go for medicals for Emirates ID!
Note: I NEVER MISSED MY PRAYERS, DAY N NIGHT. IT HAS BEEN GOD.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Taofeekdboy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
Naijaonfire:
MY SUCCESS STORY.
I have been on ghost mood in this forum ever since I landed in Dubai, waiting for a day like this to share my joy with all.
I applied for Dubai Visa on 7th of January 2018 through a kid brother(agent) and it came out on the 16th of February after much verbal fight. I downloaded PCC online, did the tomb print and waybill it to Lagos to be signed and stamped (6k), it was done n waybill back to me the next day and I collected it on the 3rd day. I went straight to Abuja n did all the necessary authentication (PCC and my degree), booked a flight to fly from Abuja. On the 3rd of march, I got to the Abuja airport at 4pm and went to Emirates airline checking points, all my documents were complete but no hotel reservations. I tried to bribe my way in with 1k but staff at the point got angry with for trying to insult them with 1k, that I give them a reasonable amount. I left them, when to a cyber café upstairs, did the reservation for 2k, came back and was allowed in for other checks.
The checks were simple and I boarded, took off 7pm Nigerian time and landed at 4am Dubai time. At the airport, I changed $200 and was waiting for my so called agent to come n pick me. I used my Nigerian line to call his number at the rate of 200naira per minute n 60naira per minutes to receive calls. At the end, he asked to enter the yellow plate number cabs with meter which I did. He asked me to give the driver my phone so he can direct him where to take me to. when we got to the place, I got down n my charge was saying 50dirhams and immediately, I converted it to naira... 5k! for a distance I can treck? no wahala na abroad I don come so ooo.
When I got to my accommodation building, the guy kept me standing outside for over 2hrs, gisting. At the end he told me that I should bring money for my bed space, 150$. He went up n paid, the room owner gave me a balance of 80dirhams n I asked why because I was expecting 50$ or its equivalent but said he too 100dirhams for dewa, kitchen n WiFi which I later found out was my agent's(my brother o) commission for bringing me to the room(In Dubai, no brother, no friend).
My first heartbreak was when I finally entered d 11x11 room with more than 13men in it and they showed me my space under d bed, 2nd was when I saw bedbugs dancing skelewo on my bed, tears dropped from my eyes. I. Star end thinking of going back to 9ja but d thought of what I have spent already reset my brain immediately. I spent 2 days thinking of my life and the abroad I have come to. I got a friend who was consoling n advising me. until I started eating on the 3rd day.
I got to know that 90% of all these non career jobs in Dubai bought with money, either agent ask you for money or the employer. With my quick study I understood that everyone in Dubai is an agent, just to inform u where they are conducting interview or a number to call, they ask for agency fee. I noticed that the jobs that can pay the level of salary I want to start with are not available even with agent's fee. so I registered for Sira(DPS) and went for the training n kept submitting CVs online. I got some interview invitation n after passing, they will ask for between 300k to 850k. I was like... after spending over 1m for visa,Pre employment medical 35k@ karama) SIRA courses, flight, POD course at Dubai police academy etc, I will still pay such a huge amount to get a job I did d interview?
On 24th of March at about 10am, a friend forwarded to me an interview that will hold that day at 11am. I was reluctant to go because I didn't apply, I was not called nor texted to come and it was almost the time for the interview but my guy insisted that I should go n try my luck. I had to go just to please him. I got to the venue at Al Qouz at abt 2pm and wrote my name on the list. number was 149. After d interview, I was selected because I have all the requirements n certificates. I submitted all the requirements n was asked to pay 1500dirhams via assurance fee(refundable after 6months) I paid and was issued a receipt as regards to that. NOTE: I paid because I was dealing with the company direct and in their head office. I signed my agreement n submitted my passport on the d 28th of April, the next day the manager travelled home(Philippine) and my visa process was not treated. the Indian that took over from him dropped our files, started telling us stories and was busy treating his brothers files.
The Philippine manager finally came back last week, called me on Sunday 22nd to sign my off letter and today being Monday 23 to come n take my EMPLOYMENT VISA and go for medicals for Emirates ID!
congratulations bro...that's first security group right?

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
Naijaonfire:
MY SUCCESS STORY.
When I got to my accommodation building, the guy kept me standing outside for over 2hrs, gisting. At the end he told me that I should bring money for my bed space, 150$. He went up n paid, the room owner gave me a balance of 80dirhams n I asked why because I was expecting 50$ or its equivalent but said he too 100dirhams for dewa, kitchen n WiFi which I later found out was my agent's(my brother o) commission for bringing me to the room(In Dubai, no brother, no friend).
My first heartbreak was when I finally entered d 11x11 room with more than 13men in it and they showed me my space under d bed, 2nd was when I saw bedbugs dancing skelewo on my bed, tears dropped from my eyes. I. Star end thinking of going back to 9ja but d thought of what I have spent already reset my brain immediately. I spent 2 days thinking of my life and the abroad I have come to. I got a friend who was consoling n advising me. until I started eating on the 3rd day.
I got to know that 90% of all these non career jobs in Dubai bought with money, either agent ask you for money or the employer. With my quick study I understood that everyone in Dubai is an agent, just to inform u where they are conducting interview or a number to call, they ask for agency fee. I noticed that the jobs that can pay the level of salary I want to start with are not available even with agent's fee. so I registered for Sira(DPS) and went for the training n kept submitting CVs online. I got some interview invitation n after passing, they will ask for between 300k to 850k. I was like... after spending over 1m for visa,Pre employment medical 35k@ karama) SIRA courses, flight, POD course at Dubai police academy etc, I will still pay such a huge amount to get a job I did d interview?
The Philippine manager finally came back last week, called me on Sunday 22nd to sign my off letter and today being Monday 23 to come n take my EMPLOYMENT VISA and go for medicals for Emirates ID!
Truth of the mater this dubai is not worth coming, channel ur effort to European country, agent have scattered this country, u hardly get a job without agent, well known company charge up to 7000 aed before they can take u for a security job even with ur sira or dps for a 1800aed job, no feeling of abroad, that cool weather feeling u see in European and American country, if u come out of ur room Sun will finish ur body, if u are inside ur room A.C. will be drying ur body u can't even lower it because u not d only one in the room.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (473) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.