Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana (17602 Views)

Onboard Menu: AirPeace Serves Jollof And Efo-Riro On Flight To London / My First Time Onboard An Airplane / Breaking News: Arik Flight W3 628 Fails To Land Asaba Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by bambi2016: 9:05am On Mar 10, 2018
A Nigerian lady has told of her near death experince on board an Arik air flight from Lagos headed to Accra Ghana.

According to the lady who’s on Twitter as Adetutu Balogun@Tutsy22, 35 mins into the 55mins flight, the flight with flight name ‘Stephen’ allegedly caught fire and was forced to make an emergency landing.

The lady also accused the management of being irresponsible, saying that they put a flight out without oxygen masks, thereby endangering the lives of their passengers.

Read her tweets below:

@ArikAirlineNg @arikairflight flight w3304 airborne Accra on Tue 6/03/18 caught fire. D flight which took off at exactly 7.20pm was said to have caught fire barely 35min into its flight.HORRIBLE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: A NEAR CRASH INCIDENT ON ARIK AIR FLIGHT FROM LAGOS TO ACCRA.

2. Passenger: The name of the aircraft is STEPHEN. It was a Dash 8 NextGen propeller aircraft. The flight took off precisely 7.20pm (Lagos time) 35 minutes into the 55 minutes flight, I started perceiving something smelling like a burning stuff.

3. Shortly after the guy sitting next to me asked if I perceived any smell of burning stuff and that confirmed my worst fears. Before you could say jack, smoke has filled the cabin.

4. The air hostesses were busy scampering around opening the cabins and the lavatories to check if they could trace the source of the smoke without success.

5. While that continued, the oxygen masks that were always being advertised during the safety demo prior to take-off couldn’t be released instead we were handed tissue papers to use to cover our noses to minimize and filter out possible carbon monoxide inhalation.

6. About 5 minutes after, precisely with 15 minutes of flight time remaining, the pilot came on the public address system to inform us that they have smoke coming into the cabin and that they don’t know the source and that they have DECLARED EMERGENCY”.

7. At that point we knew that our lives were only in God’s hands. Everyone prayed to his/her Gods. To the glory of God, the flight successfully landed by 8.15pm (7.15pm Accra time) to the waiting of several fire service trucks at Kotoko International airport, Accra.

8. We were evacuated into a waiting bus with instruction to leave everything behind in the cabin. Sadly there was no Arik official to address us neither was there any manner of first aid attention given to the passengers to manage stress and possible elevated blood pressures.

9. After a while our cabin luggage were brought to us and we had to leave from there to go through the Ghana immigration to our individual destinations.

10. I’m highly discouraged that this near crash major incident was not reported in the media 2 days after (today is 08/03/2018) and I suspect a cover up by Arik and the authorities. So I have chosen to use the social media to ensure this news gets out.

11. Kindly keep forwarding this message till everybody is made aware of the quality and kind of services Arik air gives and the possible cover ups before something terrible happens.

12. @NCAAGOVNG should ground the plane until: – The circumstances of the mishap is known, – Why ArikAir put a plane without oxygen masks in the air? – Why ArikAir failed to provide support for traumatised passengers after landing?

13.ArikAir acted extremely irresponsible & knowingly endangered d lives of those passengers by breaching basic safety regulations.We demand a proper investigation into this incident.

Source: http://dailyleakblog.com/2018/03/10/lady-narrates-her-near-crash-experience-on-board-an-arik-flight-from-lagos-to-ghana/

14 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by espn(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2018
This one no go ever reach front page...

OP add: Snake, Live sex in BBN... Wife caught sleeping with hubby's best friends... Davidos girlfriend painting her nails...Mompha vs hushpupi.

26 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by bambi2016: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2018
pt

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Teewhy2: 10:36am On Mar 10, 2018
God Help us. As we are going out to look for what we will eat, by GOD's grace we won't encounter what will eat or consume us in Jesus name.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by pyrex23(m): 10:36am On Mar 10, 2018
espn:
This one no go ever reach front page...

OP add: Snake, Live sex in BBN... Wife caught sleeping with hubby's best friends... Davidos girlfriend painting her nails...Mompha vs hushpupi.

�you were saying�

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by xxlover: 10:36am On Mar 10, 2018
smiley
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Babangida70(m): 10:36am On Mar 10, 2018
If you think women are weak...Try removing her skirt when shes wearing a torn underwear.. It will be world war 3 my brother.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by marttol: 10:36am On Mar 10, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Just pray whenever you wanna go on a journey.

I didn't read the story sha
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by chris4gold(m): 10:37am On Mar 10, 2018
Isokay
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Yuhapopo: 10:38am On Mar 10, 2018
Thank God for exceptional safety

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2018
which day i go enter plane sef.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by bsaying(m): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2018
Behold, what manner of love the father has lavished on us That we should be called sons of God

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 10, 2018
Babangida70:
If you think women are weak...Try removing her skirt when shes wearing a torn underwear.. It will be world war 3 my brother.

You need help man.You really really need help.

11 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by otokx(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2018
The rot, mediocrity and corruption is now everywhere you go in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by marttol: 10:41am On Mar 10, 2018
incominx344:
pursue this bastard comot for nairaland ,don't even ban him.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by mysteriousman(m): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by bobokeshington: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2018
arik again
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Pavore9: 10:42am On Mar 10, 2018
Very risky, imagining the trauma the passengers went through.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by 9japrof(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2018
grin
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by gbaskiboy: 10:43am On Mar 10, 2018
Olorun Jehovah baba Mimo, save us from this Monster call Arik

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Tex42(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2018
Na plane own una dey talk, how far we wey Dey enter bus Nkor...

Wahala get levels sha... Every man with hin own.

Anyway, thank God it wasn't a fatal incident.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by gbaskiboy: 10:45am On Mar 10, 2018
fuckerstard:
which day i go enter plane sef.
Myself too, But one day na one day

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by rawtouch: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2018
wings of Nigeria grin
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by hopilo: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2018
incominx344:
This one weak me

1 Like

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Follygunners: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2018
To all the Super Moderators in the house... I owe y'all a huge gouge of palm-wine!!! grin
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:48am On Mar 10, 2018
and this the airline buhari and his cohorts want to converts to national Carrier... buhari and his family must first fly Aero contractor and Arik for 1yr before he commercialize for public usage

3 Likes

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Hector09(m): 10:48am On Mar 10, 2018
Nothing gud can cum out of this country whether private or public, thats am nt suprise if anything extra ordinary happen here
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2018
No b d arik Wey dey always do press conference to welcome new planes b dis? Tot all dia airliners na cha cha... Na wa ooo.
Who do we biliv in dis country again?
Politicians lie. Business ppu lie.. We sef lie to awasef tho... D circle continue..

Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by castrol180(m): 10:49am On Mar 10, 2018
Arik airline is bad
Re: Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana by oPPOSEE: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2018
poor man dey die nobody dey talk, big man wan die everybody is making noise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worlds Biggest Snake Killed In Africa (picture) / Market Street Road Project In Igbogbo Constructed By LCDA In Lagos State / Lagos To Shut Independence Tunnel For 4 Weeks For Repairs From May 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.