Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road (1000 Views)

Man Constructs And Drives A Weird Type Of Vehicle (pics/video) / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Lanre Shittu Motors Joins The League Of Vehicle Assemblers In Nigeria (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by Olusharp(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
There is this saying that if you can live and cope in Lagos then there is no where in the world you can’t live.

The same thing applies to driving, if you can drive in Lagos then there is no where on earth you can not drive.

If you are a foreigner and you are reading this, you might be thinking I am over hyping Lagos but that is the reality.

Lagos, located in African country, Nigeria is unique for it smartness.

If you can live and drive in Lagos you are indeed a master of all and a slave of none because you have been rebuilt.

Enough of painting Lagos State, the story must be tiring? Let me move to main topic.

Having resided in Lagos State for some years, I believe I am in a good position to write about this.

I literally sleep on the road, 11pm and as early as 5am.

Here we go, the types of drivers you see on a Lagos road.

1. The ‘My Car’ owners: These cars are usually very beautiful and quite expensive. you will see car brand like KIA, Toyota ,Mercedes Benz etc.

One thing about the owners of these cars is they are always very careful while driving and always try not to be hit or be the one to hit another car.

2. The Danfo/Molue Drivers: The ‘Yellow’ coloured vehicle is very popular in Lagos State, they are generally of Volvo brand.

It is a mass transit bus meant for we prospective car owners and even those with cars because they know how to manoeuvre their way in a traffic jam.

These ones don’t actually care, if you drive rough they will prove to you they are ‘rougher.’

They hardly obey traffic rules and are usually the brain behind major traffic jam in Lagos.

Anywhere is there are bus stop.

Another thing is they so much hate the ‘ My Car owners’ and they don’t hide the hatred.

3. Tipper /Trailer drivers: They are also known as the King of the Road, why?

Because they actually use their size to intimidate other road users.

Another thing is they usually do this on purpose.

They are usually the brain behind road accident due to brake failure.

4. BRT Bus drivers: These ones are the lucky type of drivers because they have their own special lane and do not drag the road with others.

And if by chance they hit another vehicle especially Danfo, the driver should just take to his heels.

others worthy of mention are the Tricycle drivers also known as Keke Napep, Taxi drivers, etc.

You can add yours in the comment section.

Source: https://thrillngr.com/2018/03/10/types-vehicle-drivers-see-lagos-road/
Re: The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by Shedrack777: 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
its not only lagos, it's everywhere you go

1 Like

Re: The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by mumureloaded(m): 2:19am On Mar 11, 2018
nest
Re: The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by Olusharp(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2018
Shedrack777:
its not only lagos, it's everywhere you go

Where?
Re: The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by Shedrack777: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
Olusharp:

Where?
my english was simple, but it's like it was difficult for you to either read or understand. check word "EVERYWHERE" again
Re: The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by Olusharp(m): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
Shedrack777:
my english was simple, but it's like it was difficult for you to either read or understand. check word "EVERYWHERE" again
I asked where because apart from Lagos that experience gridlock on a daily basis... Other states including where you are hardly experience any...
Re: The Types Of Vehicle Drivers You See On Lagos Road by Shedrack777: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2018
Olusharp:
I asked where because apart from Lagos that experience gridlock on a daily basis... Other states including where you are hardly experience any...
you concluded it like you know where i am. or you want me to accuse you of being lai mohammed junior?
guy, fear God!

(1) (Reply)

Production-ready Pal-V Liberty,The World’s First Flying Car Unveiled In Geneva / Mercedes-maybach Ultimate Luxury Fully Revealed / Lexus ES330 2006 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.