Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,407 members, 7,958,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (63479 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2010
I want to believe those figures are false cos if they are true then its just a pity. How can they accept a deal that pays roughly 750k pounds a year
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 12:49am On May 04, 2010
This man is so a dreamer,

On Fabianski’s performance…
“I think it was a foul on both goals. There is no purpose to play the ball from the Blackburn players. Every time it’s to stop the keeper from getting to the ball. And in football when you don’t go for the ball, when you stop your opponent, the keeper, from going for the ball it’s a foul.”

On this game affecting Fabianski’s confidence…

“I think he had a good game. It should affect the confidence of the referee.”
grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-they-were-sharper-in-the-fight-than-us-

I thought it was a very poor football game overall. But we were 1-0 up and after that we couldn't score the second. We had a few chances, then of course I believe both goals were not regular.

"Their (Blackburn's) main purpose every time is to stop the goalkeeper, not go for the ball, and both times for both goals that happened."

Asked if Fabianski was at fault in any way, Wenger defended the goalkeeper.

"No," he said. "I think he had no chance as a goalkeeper, he was pushed every time."

Did we watch the same game? Flapianski is a stupid Arrow and is worse than Ben Foster
Dudu any comments on today's game?

Oh and today we had some LANS invading the arsenal bench

Eduardo, Arshavin, Djourou and Gibbs, Yippee! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 1:07am On May 04, 2010
I couldnt be bothered to watch the game . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:15am On May 04, 2010
You guys forgot to add "In Wenger We Trust" to your new thread title. cheesy tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 4:23am On May 04, 2010
@Biolabee
Wenger has lost it kpata kpata. What a joke of a coach! If Faggotson had stuck with Foster i doubt Utd would still be challenging for the title. Anyway his lovechild made some good saves earlier but made his trademarked and patented errors later in the game to of course cost us. 1 point out of a possible 12 at the business end of the season and later Mr Duduspace would tell us there has been 'improvement' that word must mean something else in that fella's village.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 4:33am On May 04, 2010
@Bluediva
Trust Wenger?? I'm better off trusting myself not to get an erection if Keri Hilson or Nikki Minaj gave me head. WENGER IS USELESS!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 5:18am On May 04, 2010
a40 wetin man go do?

forget his saves in the first half he was still jittery all the game

i hear gary cahill may leave bolton we need a strong/young df

AW did not make any tatical changes, no new instructions to his boys nothing just passive like a fish left to roast and removed the only forward threat aside rvp in the team, nasri and diaby were busy nowhere on the pitch leaving sol n bacary spaying passes from df. he shd have just played mannone and eastmond
theo as usual left his initiative in the dressing room and only rvp showed that he wanted somwthing from the game
silvestre could have been sent off while traore tried ok.Vela as usual was s.h.y.t.e.

forget the kicking, this was not as bad as stoke or b'ham.

i heard a funny rumor from a bird and i will not be surprised if it is true

that aw wants to come fourth so that we can make extra money from ucl play offs

i hope and wish is its not true
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 7:13am On May 04, 2010
As usual, Wenger defended Fabianski's errors and am not surprised. Personally, i belief Wenger has lost his mojo and this team can't win a spoon. Forget new signings in the summer(which may not be more than 2 players) because Wenger will still keep mediocre players and say they are world class when we all knew they are average players. Will Arshavin mouth continue to shoot rubbish in Man U or the likes of Vela, Traore, Eduardo and the keepers play in Chelsea, Barca, Inter and Bayern because these clubs are league winners. In as much i wish the trophyless to end asap but it will not in the coming seasons. Same excuses for six years is amusing from a coach. ARSENAL FOREVER, Wenger
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2010
I don't blame Fabianski for any of those goals, they should have been fouls (the first one was a blatant foul by Jason Roberts on the keeper) but the other was more 50/50 or at the most I blame Arsenal's defending players for not standing up to the blackburn players. If the ref doesn't protect you, then protect yourself.
Vidic and Rio would have murdered someone in that box and so would Terry have probably decapitated somebody. Perhaps the boys are feeling like there is nothing to play for.
Apart from faulting them for a poor attitude to the game, and not being threatning enough upfront there is nothing much to say about yesterday.
Even the media knows there was a lot wrong going on in the box during both goals and that is why they keep on saying we were bullied.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 10:32am On May 04, 2010
duduspace:

I don't blame Fabianski for any of those goals, they should have been fouls (the first one was a blatant foul by Jason Roberts on the keeper) but the other was more 50/50 or at the most I blame Arsenal's defending players for not standing up to the blackburn players. If the ref doesn't protect you, then protect yourself.
Vidic and Rio would have murdered someone in that box and so would Terry have probably decapitated somebody. Perhaps the boys are feeling like there is nothing to play for.
Apart from faulting them for a poor attitude to the game, and not being threatning enough upfront there is nothing much to say about yesterday.
Even the media knows there was a lot wrong going on in the box during both goals and that is why they keep on saying we were bullied.
I'm glad you realised that the players are also to blame.
Which points to the quality of players brought in by Wenger.
I think Wenger moaning is out of place,really,because it's not like he just realised Blackburn are always physical,especially against Arsenal.It's something he should have expected.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2010
Eastbay:

I'm glad you realised that the players are also to blame.
Which points to the quality of players brought in by Wenger.
I think Wenger moaning is out of place,really,because it's not like he just realised Blackburn are always physical,especially against Arsenal.It's something he should have expected.

If there was really something to play for in that game, our players wouldn't have responded that way I'm sure. We still had enough quality in that team to win the game but the refs should really do more about teams that go for rough house tactics in the box like Blackburn did yesterday. Fabianski was targeted by those thugs yesterday and the likes of Sol and Silvestre didn't do much to help him rather raising their hands for fouls they knew that Ref would never blow.
It is games like that we had yesterday that leads to red cards and fights, it is a shame the ref didn't do anything to discourage those tactics by Blackburn. Even Barcelona could have conceded goals like we did yesterday if those same tactics are used against them, the only difference is that they would probably go on to score 3 or 4 of their own which we didnt.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 1:55pm On May 04, 2010
@Biolabee
Any coach with a nanogram of sense woulda loaned Crappyanski to a division 2 team in Maldives after his horrow show against Porto. He lacks the Cool and Calm to be a decent goalie

Cahill? I dunno he is kinda injury prone and knowing Wenger i am sure he would rather give Silvestre a 1 year extension

That team has no heart,grit or mental strength! Its just the same ol maze and loop season after season! Those players are Wenger's so they mirror him and the mediocre state Arsenal has become. Blackburn also had nothing to play for but still came from behind to whn the game for their fans and that shows respect! Couldn't our players have at least raised their game for the sake of the travelling fans who buy game and train tickets to support em? I am sorry for the naive fans that still keep a blind faith and still think 'Arsene Knows' the sooner they vote with their feet the better cos they would most likely be rewarded with more disappointment from Wenger unless something drastic happens
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2010
GBAM!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:50pm On May 04, 2010
We were bullied in the match and lacked any fight.
The last 10-15 minutes were a disgrace.
Arsenal wwere losing 1-2 and all we kept doing was passing the ball from one defender to another shocked shocked
Too shameful
The defenders+Fabianski should all be held responsible for the 2nd goal
My God, how much I missed Jens Lehman when I saw Samba,Roberts and co bullying the goalie.
Jens would have slapped the taste outta some mouths or elbowed one of them right where it will hurt most.
Its hard to believe some of these players play in the same team with fabregas,TV5,RVP and co who all hate to lose a game.
Too bad.
Ain't no shame in losing, but please fight till the end.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2010
dipo2much:

This is not a consequence of not having won any trophies. Its just bad business on the part of arsenal's negotiations
You get time to be responding to gibberish posted by Dayo.
'Pool have been at par with manure, thats why they are struck the same 20 mil deal and have won more trophies than Chelsea should be the reason they will earn more than the Chavs.
Any idiot would also note the year those deals stated were signed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 10:12am On May 05, 2010
Wenger To Stay Until 2013 grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:30pm On May 05, 2010
[Quote]
[size=14pt]Chamakh ready for Arsenal switch[/size]

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has confirmed he will join Arsenal at the end of the season and revealed he rejected offers from Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.

Marouane Chamakh is expected to be one of several summer signings at Arsenal

Chamakh is out of contract this summer and it has long been assumed he will move to Emirates Stadium, with Arsene Wenger saying last month that there is a "good chance" he will arrive.

"There were approaches from Liverpool, Tottenham and crazy offers from Russia that were much bigger than those from England, but I was focused on playing in the Premier League," Chamakh told L'Equipe.

"Bordeaux offered me a contract extension that was almost impossible to refuse, financially - the figures were very close to those offered by Arsenal.

"I have always loved Arsenal's football. I know I will have to adapt, but I have experience of playing the short passing game from working with Yoann Gourcuff."

He added: "I am counting down the days - 11 short days. As time passes, it feels strange. I am experiencing many emotions."
[/quote]

Confirmed from Chamakh himself. 1 down, 2 to go hopefully.
Where are the doom and gloomers who say we no longer attract top talent? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2010
HNIC:

You get time to be responding to gibberish posted by Dayo.
'Pool have been at par with manure, thats why they are struck the same 20 mil deal and have won more trophies than Chelsea should be the reason they will earn more than the Chavs.
Any idiot would also note the year those deals stated were signed
Don't mind DK, always falsifying data to score cheap points. We will see when we renew our contract, I think its got only a season to run now. I just hope we win something next season so we can further negotiate from a position of strength. We might be breaking records soon in our endorsement deals because we can take our time and we've also got a dedicated Commercial department now.

khanye:

Wenger To Stay Until 2013 grin
Did anyone for once think he was going anywhere? undecided
I've told Debo time and time again that only a board full of Loonies would even dare to think of sacking Arsene.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2010
'Arsenal playing the same ol s#!t, and somehow we still think our game so sick'. . . .adapted from When It Rains It Pours, 50 Cents

Sometimes in April. . . .  sad sad very terrible month indeed.

Anyways he is here. 'But I dont see him'. No, he is here. Chamahk welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven. I'm hearing Gigi rumors, hmmm. Can we do that please, Baba Ijebu, pleeeeassee grin

Anyways just a last word on Fabianski, I dont care if he is as armless as Venus De Milo, when an Arsenal player puts on an Arsenal shirt and steps unto the field, and then some garage boys decide to target him and foul him before they can score and some idiot whose name is cross between Arthritis and Parkinsons pretends nothing happended then i will scream blue murder. Fork em alll!!!

But sincerely where the hell is everybody, no I dont mean Nairaland Gunners, where the hell is our first team?!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:18pm On May 05, 2010
I think its got only a season to run now. I just hope we win something next season so we can further negotiate from a position of strength.

Do you now see the link between a good shirt deal and winning? Even as wenGAY brainwashed as dudu is he sees it.

Did anyone for once think he was going anywhere?
I've told Debo time and time again that only a board full of Loonies would even dare to think of sacking Arsene.

When a clubs motto is FAILURE and contented with trophylessness why would they sack someone who gives failure and trophylessness to them every season.

I trust Bayern. Thats why some clubs win and some lose.

If Inter didnt sack Mancini, Do you think they would be playing the CL finals anytime soon?

If Liverpool didnt sack Gerrard Houllier would there be an Istanbul?

If Bayern didnt sack Klinsmann, would we be on a treble in May?

Club goals and aspirations differ so enjoy your trophylessness
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2010
Os Courfe. Why would an ambitionless and rudderless board with a hidden agenda sack Wenger? He is only leading us to our worst drought in 20years with no league title in 6, no title in 5 and no finals appearance in 3years. Why should he be sacked? On the contrary we should thank Wenger for the air we breathe!

Gunners have you thanked Wenger today?

SMH. Failure is now a way of life at the Emirates
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:24pm On May 05, 2010
^^ Ichiro,

I wonder what you are doing with this failed club. Failure is not in your DNA unlike some others
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2010
The 2009-10 season could be an historic one at Bayern – and that extends to the club’s off-field activities too, where Germany’s leading club is pursuing a remarkable internet treble. The official FC Bayern website set a new record in the month of March will an astonishing 70 million page impressions, a widely-accepted measure of the number of requests to load a single page of an internet site, also known as page views (PVs).

Just a month later, fcbayern.de in its five language versions (German, English, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese) dramatically improved on its own record. The site recorded a whopping 84.5 PVs in April 2010, emphatically confirming its position as the most popular single football club website in the world. By way of comparison, the number two official site operated by Manchester United amassed 60 million PVs in March.

We at fcbayern.de will continue our pursuit for records in May. With the huge level of interest in Bayern’s quest for the Bundesliga title, the DFB Cup and the Champions League, your favourite FCB website could be on course for a famous treble of its own.

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2010/23328.php

So the agberos supporting these EPL clubs dont have access to the internet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2010
Hearing some stuff bout Wenger being interested in Joe Hart, don't know if it's for real. undecided

So the agberos supporting these
EPL clubs dont have access to the
internet

I don't know if it's ignorance or anxiety that's causing you to reason like this but do you honestly believe anyone here is interested in your "one thousand five naira" club ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2010
Edoyad, How old were you when Arsenal won their last trophy?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 7:55pm On May 05, 2010
dayokanu:

Edoyad, How old were you when Arsenal won their last trophy?

grin grin , Old enough to know that nothing good happens overnight grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by loyika(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2010
Spurs to play Champ League footie shocked angry tongue embarassed

Who do we have to thank for that tongue OVER TO YOU ARSENE!

What a fc%ked up season this has been :

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:05pm On May 05, 2010
loyika:

tongue GOONER 89

And the GREAT one resurrects. . .What a shitty season this has been for ma fellow Militant, Loyika.
Don't worry, there's always a next season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2010
loyika:

tongue GOONER 89

What the fawk is your problem? Would you have preferred citeh in the CL? I'm happy totts made it at the expense of citeh. Now adebayo can watch vela,denilson and the likes play on the biggest stage in world footie.

~Sauron~:

And the GREAT one resurrects. . .What a shitty season this has been for ma fellow Militant, Loyika.
Don't worry, there's always a next season.

You talk as if MANURE's season isnt as bad. You know chelsea cant loose to wigan again. So where does that leave the manure farm?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:37pm On May 05, 2010
dipo2much:

You talk as if MANURE's season isnt as bad. You know chelsea cant loose to wigan again. So where does that leave the manure farm?

We have won a TROPHY already this season. . . . Arsenal haven't matched that for the past 5 seasons.
The law of average says we cannot be winning the PREM every season. . . .That United are still in the run-in is a testament to United's mental strength.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by loyika(m): 10:42pm On May 05, 2010
Piss off Sharon will ya tongue

Let me mourn Spurs making fourth in peace embarassed

embarassed GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by loyika(m): 10:44pm On May 05, 2010
Vela Denilson

Are those the names we are gonna churn out again next season I would have 5 Adegoats for 1 Carlos "Missalot" Vela any day!!

sad GOONER 89

THIS SEASON SUCKS!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.