Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Mother’s Day, Quotes, Messages, Poems - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Mother’s Day, Quotes, Messages, Poems (423 Views)

85 Happy New Year 2019 Messages, New Year SMS & Wishes To Send To Loved Ones / 100 Happy New Year 2018 Messages, SMS & Wishes To Send To Your Loved Ones / Nigeria Independence Day 2017 Messages, Quotes, Images & Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother’s Day, Quotes, Messages, Poems by Ochoocho1: 3:44am On Mar 11, 2018
If you’re looking for something a bit more substantial than happy mother’s day this time round, why not use a poem or quote?

Mother’s Day Poems
Sonnets are full of love, and this my tome Has many sonnets: so here now shall be One sonnet more, a love sonnet, from me To her whose heart is my heart’s quiet home, To my first Love, my Mother, on whose knee I learnt love-lore that is not troublesome; Whose service is my special dignity, And she my loadstar while I go and come.
And so because you love me, and because I love you, Mother, I have woven a wreath Of rhymes wherewith to crown your honoured name:
In you not fourscore years can dim the flame Of love, whose blessed glow transcends the laws Of time and change and mortal life and death.

-Christina Rossetti-
Love set you going like a fat gold watch. The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry Took its place among the elements. Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival.
New statue. In a drafty museum, your unclothedness Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls. I’m no more your mother Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow Effacement at the wind’s hand.
All night your moth-breath Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen: A far sea moves in my ear. One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral In my Victorian nightgown. Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try Your handful of notes; The clear vowels rise like balloons.
–Sylvia Plath-
Mother, any distance greater than a single span requires a second pair of hands. You come to help me measure windows, pelmets, doors, the acres of the walls, the prairies of the floors.
You at the zero-end, me with the spool of tape, recording length, reporting metres, centimetres back to base, then leaving up the stairs, the line still feeding out, unreeling years between us. Anchor. Kite.
I space-walk through the empty bedrooms, climb the ladder to the loft, to breaking point, where something has to give; two floors below your fingertips still pinch the last one-hundredth of an inch…
I reach towards a hatch that opens on an endless sky to fall or fly.

Read More :-https://ochoochogift..co.ke/2018/03/mothers-day-quotes-messages-poems.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

The 3 Phases Of Customer Engagement At Your Event / Xbeat Event / UPDATE On $600,000 Spilled On Highway In Indianapolis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.