Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

LIRS Staff Queried For Gross Misconduct After Returning A Birthday Cake - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LIRS Staff Queried For Gross Misconduct After Returning A Birthday Cake (618 Views)

Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. / Female Officers Of Nigeria Immigration Service Queried For Indecent Flaunting / Corporate Affairs Commission Staff Queried Over Facebook Post On Buhari, Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIRS Staff Queried For Gross Misconduct After Returning A Birthday Cake by alexhman: 5:47am On Mar 11, 2018
There was drama in the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) as one staff has been querried and summoned to face a disciplinary panel for gross misconduct after he was given a birthday cake as a gift by the management but returned it.

Below is the statement by the staff union in defense of the staff who is scheduled to face a committe on Monday 12th March 2018.

Good evening LIRS colleagues, it's with sadness that We, the LIRS union give this present update.

On 6th March, the Union chairman, Comrade Taqwa returned the LIRS birth day cake to the Executive Chairman of LIRS Mr SUBAIR because his conscience & that of the entire union exco could not take the marginalization/victimisation of colleagues on TRS to SRS cadre for birthday celebration.

He was issued a query because of this (see copy) and he responded (see copy) and also banned from coming to 5th floor LIRS. Further, efforts were made by State ASCSN chairman & secretary to see Mr SUBAIR and make him understand the reasons behind this were rebuffed by Mr SUBAIR & mgt.

Then the union chairman was issued a summon on 9th March 2018 to appear before Disciplinary committee on 12th March 2018 by 12noon for gross misconduct. One wonders when returning of a privileged item becomes gross misconduct.

We are aware of remarks particularly in HQ by staff who believe they are close to mgt and are mgt spies amongst staff - today is here, tomorrow is known by none. We have also contacted the State Exco of ASCSN and they are aghast by this unfriendly behaviour and victimization by LIRS mgt.

At this point, your prayers to the Most High, support and comradeship is vital to ensure LIRS is positioned positively for staff. Please your presence on 5th floor HQ premises is key on Monday 12th March 2018 with the tie & scarves given for 7years+ Pls be ready with their white and spoilt ties for Monday

more details @ http://www.ritalori.com/lirs-staff-queried-gross-misconduct-returning-birthday-cake-got-gift-management/

Re: LIRS Staff Queried For Gross Misconduct After Returning A Birthday Cake by Nutase: 6:18am On Mar 11, 2018
Na by force?
Re: LIRS Staff Queried For Gross Misconduct After Returning A Birthday Cake by Himmler: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2018
I have noticed this arrogant and callous attitude among public office holders in Lagos. All the contacts I have among them behave this same way. Very vindictive and stony hearted. Little matters that should just be overlooked you will see them taking the matter as if their life is dependent on it just to prove their "do you know who I am" credibility. The one that annoys me most is when you try to reason with them or plead with them on behalf of someone, you will then see them behaving as if they are emperor Napoleon with the heart of an immovable rock as if they derive joy in the pain and difficulties they are causing someone else. Idiots. I would have ended all my association with these characters just that they are a necessary evil because they do come in handy when you've got issues to push through in government circles
Re: LIRS Staff Queried For Gross Misconduct After Returning A Birthday Cake by Opinionated: 8:42am On Mar 11, 2018
Na wah...

(1) (Reply)

Supercharge Your Career Or Business With ICT Skills From This 100% Training Hub / Earn From WEBTALK / Akinola Ayobami Steven Carrier Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.