Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Oba Of Benin Was Right - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Was Right (1016 Views)

The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Was Right by okeke00(m): 9:19am On Mar 11, 2018
After I watched a youtube vidoe of the traditional ruler of Benin Kingdom placing a curse of whoever that involves in Human Trafficking or Cult activities.
Permit me to say that most Nigerians just sit behind their keypads to type what ever they wishes to and post on social media without knowing Exactly what is going on
I'm not from Edo state but I was unfortunate to have lived with them and I must tell you, it was a terrible Experience.
Human beings are so easily influenced especially in the environment in which they were brought up.
Human trafficking which has left many Families in pains after they lost their teen daughter either on the desert or the Mediterranean Sea. Luckily millions of Nigerian Girls have been successful trafficked to Europe to engage in prostitution, most of the girls are below 18 years old, some are mothers of three, some are already on menopause.
Take a tour to the street of Italy and Europe and you will weep for your country Nigeria. I know quite well that the Oba must have endured much that he couldn't bear the shame and pains any longer
In the aspect of Cultism. Most parents in other state doesn't know that some families in Edo state have lost all their children as aspect result of cult clashes. Potential are been wasted everyday in Edo state, the youths have no idea if Nigeria is on recession or not. They only derived Joy in killing and cult activities.
Edo state have made it citizens to understand that the greatest archivement a man can attend to is joining a cult group and at least killing not less than 20 people.
Exactly what I found out after a series of investigations.
Prior to this same issues, the same citizens will mange to travel outside the country, because of that orientation they had back home, they can never leave that cult activities, I was in Italy some years ago to see how Benin people fight each others on the streets of Italy because of cult related issues. Even it will be embarrassing for you to introduce yourself as a Nigerian in Italy because not only the Italians, other Africans sees Nigerians as animals.
So I strongly stand firm on my claims that the Oba have done something good and we expect a change soon.
And I want to use this medium to to appeal to all state governors, concentrate on eradicating Cultism in the lives of our youth so we don't end up like Edo state
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by playerinc(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2018
You are a fool for throwing subliminal insults at Benin. Idiota.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by aiir2303(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2018
OK..
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by onward4life(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by AdaFonju: 6:38am On Mar 12, 2018
playerinc:
are you not a greater f00l for not knowing the difference btw facts and insults, cursed generation
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by playerinc(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2018
AdaFonju:

are you not a greater f00l for not knowing the difference btw facts and insults, cursed generation

You are the greatest fool for not seeing the hidden insults. Here are some of the statements filled with acute stupidity and carefully disguised malice;

1. Edo state have made it citizens to understand that the greatest archivement a man can attend to is joining a cult group and at least killing not less than 20 people. Wtf!!

2. And I want to use this medium to to appeal to all state governors, concentrate on eradicating Cultism in the lives of our youth so we don't end up like Edo state. Imagine!!

Is this how to write
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by playerinc(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2018
Even the title "Oba of Benin was right" is a mighty insult. "THE OBA OF BENIN IS RIGHT" is the right way to say it. The quality of daftness involved in regarding a living and breathing person in the past tense or the implication that such person is no longer right is overwhelming. But the most insulting aspect is the presumption that people need the likes of you to score the Oba. And then you had to do it in a demeaning way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by AdaFonju: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2018
playerinc:

You are the greatest fool for not seeing the hidden insults. Here are some of the statements filled with acute stupidity and carefully disguised malice;

1. Edo state have made it citizens to understand that the greatest archivement a man can attend to is joining a cult group and at least killing not less than 20 people. Wtf!!

2. And I want to use this medium to to appeal to all state governors, concentrate on eradicating Cultism in the lives of our youth so we don't end up like Edo state. Imagine!!

Is this how to write

So if the level of cultism & sex trafficking of Edos isn't at a disturbing level as represented by that fellow's post, why has it traditional ruler started employing unorthodox methods to reduce it? Truth is a bitter pill, and from your response, you need an overdose of it
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by AdaFonju: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2018
playerinc:
[s]Even the title "Oba of Benin was right" is a mighty insult. "THE OBA OF BENIN IS RIGHT" is the right way to say it. The quality of daftness involved in regarding a living and breathing person in the past tense or the implication that such person is no longer right is overwhelming. But the most insulting aspect is the presumption that people need the likes of you to score the Oba. And then you had to do it in a demeaning way.[/s]
Was d Oba born of a woman or he descended from the skies like the 419 afonja stories, he's a man nothing more norhing less in the sight of God & man
Re: Oba Of Benin Was Right by shadeyinka(m): 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2018
playerinc:
Was he?
I thought he was praising the Oba of Benin?

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Marriage In Nigeria / Does Ghana Have A Forum Similar To Nairaland? / Yorùbá Bàtá: A Living Drum And Dance Tradition From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.