Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? (519 Views)

One Of The Drowned Students In The Calabar Boat Cruise Mishap Was A Nairalander / Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush / Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by ednited(f): 10:20am On Mar 11, 2018
I heard two reporters in Ethiopia talking about the Calabar museum in the radio, and it got me surprised. I don't know the number of museums you got there in Calabar but in one of it, they (the reporters) mentioned that the map of Africa is not correct in the museum, that it indicates Liberia is the only country not colonized in Africa. This is very shocking!! This is not a game or a simple mistake!! This is serious! If an African don't know his history, who else will. I am sorry to say this, but this is disrespecting. Even what is the Ethiopian embassy doing? A museum is not just an art place, a museum indicates the identity of a country! If this is true, SHAME!

Please, it is not just about Ethiopia or Burundi or whatever. . . We must take care for everyone else's identity or history. If there is anyone in Calabar, help me out with this museum. . .if it is true, av got to know
Re: Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 11, 2018
I'm not very sure about that report.... almost all Africans know that Ethiopia was never colonized, most Africans don't even know that Liberia wasn't colonised, well; it's actually a de-facto of the US.

I'll contact my friends in calabar to check it up, anyway... I'll reply when I receive their response.
Re: Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by whirlwind7(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2018
cheesy
A fall out of the horrible contraption referred to as a country. Poor education, poor or non existing history lessons.
That's what the northern caliphate wanted. Drag the rest of us into the stone age to be like them.
What modern country on planet earth proscribes the teaching of its history in schools, just because they felt it would portray the political elites and their rag tag gangs in poor light? Only Nigeria.

Little things such as this will keep showing how wrong and unworkable this anomaly of a country is.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by bidexolumanish(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2018
I am in calabar and there are 2 museum in calabar,
one is inside marina resort and the second one is around the deputy governors quarter.
Re: Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by ednited(f): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
shervydman:
I'm not very sure about that report.... almost all Africans know that Ethiopia was never colonized, most Africans don't even know that Liberia wasn't colonised, well; it's actually a de-facto of the US.

I'll contact my friends in calabar to check it up, anyway... I'll reply when I receive their response.

Thank you so much Shervy,
Re: Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by ednited(f): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
bidexolumanish:
I am in calabar and there are 2 museum in calabar,
one is inside marina resort and the second one is around the deputy governors quarter.

Thanks for the info.

Although, have you ever checked the museums or anyone you know who have seen both?
Re: Has Anyone Been To The Calabar Museum?? by bidexolumanish(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
ednited:

Thanks for the info.

Although, have you ever checked the museums or anyone you know who have seen both?
I did checked only one out and to be sincere I did not notice the map

(1) (Reply)

The Multiple Rot In Fidelity Bank As Managers Engages In Bribery Before Loan / Adenkunle Gold - Surrenda (official Video) / Top Ten Social Media To You Have To Be On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.