Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life (601 Views)

How To Create A Good Healthy Morning Routine / 8 Steps To And Have Good Healthy / Special Foods To Live A Good Healthy Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 11, 2018
As we age, we should endeavour to have our health as one of our top priority in order to have a healthy living.
We should consider the amount of calories we chun in into our body system, make sure that you eat right food and calories that are enriched with good quality nutrients that our body desire in every step our life.

Some Medical Experts advised that we need to change our eating ways once we clock 30yrs, stating that males should costume 2,200 calories daily and females 1,980 calories. Which decreases as you become 70 years old.

Below Are 7 Healthy Guides To Maintain A Healthy Life:

● Eat Bananas
This fruit is rich in potassium and it is linked to the reduction of high blood pressure. For those at risk, please eat at least 2 bananas a day. It also reduce the risk of stroke linked to aging.

● Clean Water
Clean water is vital for your overall good health, as we age, we get prone to dehydration, mainly for those that are placed on blood pressure prescription drugs.
And Research shows that dehydration is one of the reasons that older folks are admitted in the medical clinic.

The women folks are greatly advised to drink up 9 cups of water while the men drink up 13 cups of water daily.
Please ensure that you cut down from coffee intake, alcohol because these are diuretics that increases dehydration risk.

● Take Calcium Rich Foods And Supplements
To help reduce the risk of bone fractures and brittles, we should eat dairy foods loaded with calcium and supplements.
Adults are encouraged to take in 1000 Milligrams of calcium daily.

Veggies rich in calcium are Carrots, all Green Vegetables, Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash Turnips, Lima Beans, Parsnips.
Fruits rich in calcium are Oranges, Dried apricot Kiwi, Tangerines, Pear, Dates, Dried Figs.

● Lutein For Good Eye-sight
As you age your eyesight might be challenging and can be led to cataracts, to avoid this you need to indulge yourself in
consuming lutein which is also called EYE VITAMIN.

Please this is to be taken once you get to 40 years of age, you can get Lutein from leafy veggies, eggs yolks, grapes, sweetcorn, oranges.
Lutein is also linked to beta-carotene and it's an antioxidant which protects the eye.

● Reduce Your calorie Intake
We should know by now that our metabolic rate reduces as we get older, therefore cutting down our calories. Eating much calories will definitely increase heart disease and make us prone to diabetes.
Engage in exercise suitable for you, don't sit at a place, get moving and be physically active and fit. Walking is a good source for older adults.

● Take Vitamin B12 Supplements
This vitamin might be disregarded but it is very essential to our healthy living, it is required to produce red blood cells and improve our nerve function.

Vitamin B12 fuels the brain and it being deficient of it causes impaired nerve function and cognitive decline.
Our body absorbed it as we eat some animal proteins and dairy produce such as eggs, milk,and meat. Vitamin B12 can also be derived from cells that are fortified and also from supplements.

● Supplements
Generally eating foods and consuming fruits and veggies are the best ways and source to get nutrients from. But if we are not getting enough vitamins and nutrients from them, then we can augment with supplements. And they are taken to help improve our good health with essential nutrients.

As we get older we need these supplements to be able to live healthy, although too much of it might be damaging to us, so it will best to seek your doctor's advice before taking supplements and he will recommend the best supplements your body needs.

So here you have it folks, please ensure to take your health serious whether your are young or old. Healthy Living increases your Life Span, stay fit and sleep well, eat right and enjoy a healthy lifestyle as you age.

https://www.juliasdailytips.com/blog/maintain-7-nutrition-guide-good-healthy-life/

1 Like

Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by Princepioneer(m): 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2018
Good info.....
Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
Princepioneer:
Good info.....

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by NextD18: 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
loveymom:

Thanks
Are you a nurse? Your topics are mostly healthy wise.
Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
NextD18:

Are you a nurse? Your topics are mostly healthy wise.

I am not ooo, I just love Healthy Living, Healthy Lifestyle.
Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by NextD18: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
loveymom:

I am not ooo, I just love Healthy Living, Healthy Lifestyle.
Oh! That's very nice of you.

This is the second time I'm asking a question today. Curiosity no go kill me on top your mentions. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
NextD18:

Oh! That's very nice of you.

This is the second time I'm asking a question today. Curiosity no go kill me on top your mentions. grin cheesy cheesy

Lol, onye ajuju anaghi efu uzo
Nsogbu adihi
Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by NextD18: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
loveymom:

Lol, onye ajuju anaghi efu uzo
Nsogbu adihi
Akwaya? Lol, enjoy jare.

Lezikwere'm dii gi nwune'm nwoko anya oo! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintain These 7 Nutrition Guide For A Good Healthy Life by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
NextD18:

Akwaya? Lol, enjoy jare.

Lezikwere'm dii gi nwune'm nwoko anya oo! cheesy

Thanks, sure I will

Please take care of you and yours

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Have We Done To Mother Earth? (pictures) / JOHESU Strike: Patients Leave Hospitals In Droves / Emzor Pharmaceutical Company Shut-down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.