Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Divine Direction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divine Direction (334 Views)

Divine Direction / Acting According To Divine Direction / Muhammad's Opinions:were They Divine Revelations From Allah?� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Divine Direction by biggboy(m): 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2018
What is divine direction? Simply put is guidance or instructions on what to do and where to go and how to get there from above.
A man without divine direction will only be running in a circle, with nothing to show for it.
Your direction has a lot to do with your location and your location determines whether God will visit you or not.

In Genesis 12:1 "KJV:Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:" God gave father Abraham a divine direction here to go an unknown location, what did he do? He obeyed!

Do you know if father Abraham had not obeyed he will not be called father of many nations? The direction came to him when he was 75 years old without a child, if he had remained in the land of UR, he would have died fatherless!
Divine direction also has timing, you must go only when go says you should go.
Many are not where they ought to be because they refused to heed to the divine direction God has revealed unto them maybe because the location is unknown or it is not a place they want to be.
Wherever he directs you to go or to do, go and you will be glad you did.

One thing we must know is that, God is the best director; not your pastor, parent, spouse or any other person. God can only direct you when the following are not in your life;

1. Pride: If there is pride in you, don't expect God's direction rather expect direction from the devil and the end of such direction is destruction.

2. Self Will: When you have a very strong self will, you may not likely know when God is directing you. In fact, if the direction is outside of your own personal conviction, you say it's the devil speaking whereas it's God trying to direct you.

3. Abundance Of Sin: When you harbor sin in your heart, don't expect God's direction. Because when God directs he/she wallowing in the gutter of sin will not be able to know.
Jesus says in John 10:27" KJV:My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" This Scripture makes us to understand that only his sheep will be directed because they know when their Shepherd is leading them.

Are you among his sheepfold?

God can only direct you when you are among his sheepfold and ready to listen when he directs.

The Director And The Directed

The Director: There are basically two directors; God and Satan. The best way to know the director is the destination of such direction. When God directs he gives you an expected end - Jeremiah 29:11"
KJV:For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." However, when Satan directs he gives you sorrow, he steals, destroys and ultimately kills - John 10:10a" KJV:The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:"

HOW TO GET DIVINE DIRECTION

There are basically two ways to get direction.

1. God Can Give You Divine Direction: God can give you divine direction by himself.
He said in Psalms 32:8" KJV:I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Here God wants to instructs, teach and guide you into the direction you should go.
He also directed father Abraham in Genesis 12:1" KJV:Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:"

2. You Can Ask For Direction From God: There is an adage in Yoruba which says" abere ona koni sina"(English: He who asks for directions will not be mislead" In case God has not yet given you a direction, you can ask him for one. David on several occasions enquired directions from the Lord - I Samuel 30:8" KJV:And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all."

In 1Chronicles 14:10" KJV:And David enquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines? And wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the Lord said unto him, Go up; for I will deliver them into thine hand." Here God told David to go because he has got his back.
David enquired from God, in the later part of that same chapter in verse 14" KJV:Therefore David enquired again of God; and God said unto him, Go not up after them; turn away from them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees." Here God told him not go after the philistines.

David did not use his initiative, rather he enquired from the Lord.

In conclusion, if God has not yet directed you, please go before him to ask for divine direction.

http://www.thebelievershub.com/2018/03/divine-direction.html

(1) (Reply)

Judgement And Anger Of God Is Coming To Hit Earth Again, Are You Ready? / Sam Adeyemi – Service Is Faith In Action / Why Do Prayers Not Answered When We Pray Over A Certain Things at A Certain Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.