Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

All Parents Do Read This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All Parents Do Read This. (2651 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / Defilement: An Important Lesson For All Parents / Mom Killed My Tomorrow - All Parents Should Learn From This Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2018

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 7:42am On Mar 13, 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:21am On Mar 14, 2018

2 Likes

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 7:17am On Mar 16, 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 7:09pm On Mar 19, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:21am On Mar 22, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by konfused: 7:01am On Mar 23, 2018
Thank you for the book, very insightful.

May God bless you
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 10:56am On Mar 23, 2018
Thank you so much.
You are the first to give me a feedback.
God bless you .
Please share with others.
konfused:
Thank you for the book, very insightful.

May God bless you
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:08am On Mar 24, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2018
TRAIN UP...
We read and hear it a lot nowadays to "Train the child", however what we do is take them to that Christian School and then to church or mosque and then hope that they get trained.
The train is one facinating vehicle, it is used to move people and goods over long uninhibited distances on a rail track over long distances. Only the part that has the engine is called "the train", every other attached part to the engine is called a carriage or car or coach. This implies that only the powering element of the entire vehicle is called a train, which is what gives power, direction and mobility to everything else connected to it.
As a man, you are that engine...you train a child by giving him the power and confidence, show him direction by going in the same direction, make sure you endure they move in the direction they are supposed to go. You cannot afford to be a smoker, drinker an womanizer and expect your son not to do it... You train, you show...you be the example
I know many of our fathers never were this to us...we must be better men. The most successful children are ones whose fathers were present, paid attention and we're good examples...not necessarily perfect. To train a child, we show them, and pull them on the right tracks and when they grow, they will not depart from it.
No one will train our children for us...
The quality of our children determine the quality of the society
The quality of the society determines the quality of the leadership
The quality of the leadership determines everything about the nation.
...you know, if you know...
Source: men's table
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2018
Feedback are awesome,they create room for improvement and are source of encouragement.
Have you read the book? Do drop your feedback.
If not,scroll up to download it.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by DonOms(m): 7:10am On Mar 31, 2018
boluwafunmike:
Feedback are awesome,they create room for improvement and are source of encouragement.

"Parents Listen Up!' was quite an interesting read as it set out to achieve what it promises - a wake-up call for the 21st-century parent to listen to the voice, feelings and reactions of their children as well as communicate in a more effective, modern way different from the approach of parents of the 20th-century which has become obsolete and ineffective.

I'd say kudos to you. It's your first book and you did a good job. Well done! It can always be better. For future works, do engage an editor and also, do more on content. I hope to read something from you again soon enough.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by DonOms(m): 7:12am On Mar 31, 2018
boluwafunmike:

'Parents Listen Up!' was quite an interesting read as it set out to achieve what it promises - a wake-up call for the 21st-century parent to listen to the voice, feelings and reactions of their children as well as communicate in a more effective, modern way different from the approach of parents of the 20th-century which has become obsolete and ineffective.

I'd say kudos to you. It's your first book and you did a good job. Well done! It can always be better. For future works, do engage an editor and also, do more on content. I hope to read something from you again soon enough. It's a good work you're doing. Keep it up and remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
Thank you so much .
I am so grateful.
Thank you, i will definitely work on all your suggestions.
DonOms:

"Parents Listen Up!' was quite an interesting read as it set out to achieve what it promises - a wake-up call for the 21st-century parent to listen to the voice, feelings and reactions of their children as well as communicate in a more effective, modern way different from the approach of parents of the 20th-century which has become obsolete and ineffective.

I'd say kudos to you. It's your first book and you did a good job. Well done! It can always be better. For future works, do engage an editor and also, do more on content. I hope to read something from you again soon enough.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2018
Thank you so much.
DonOms:

'Parents Listen Up!' was quite an interesting read as it set out to achieve what it promises - a wake-up call for the 21st-century parent to listen to the voice, feelings and reactions of their children as well as communicate in a more effective, modern way different from the approach of parents of the 20th-century which has become obsolete and ineffective.

I'd say kudos to you. It's your first book and you did a good job. Well done! It can always be better. For future works, do engage an editor and also, do more on content. I hope to read something from you again soon enough. It's a good work you're doing. Keep it up and remain blessed!
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
As the holidays are upon us, how prepared are you as a parent?
What target do you have for your children?
What virtue have you planned to teach them during this holiday?
What craft do you know that can aid your children's financial life in the nearest future?
Who are they visiting in this period?
Most importantly,get them life impacting books. Make the holiday count.
God bless you.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2018
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by DonOms(m): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2018
boluwafunmike:
Thank you so much .
I am so grateful.
Thank you, i will definitely work on all your suggestions.

You're welcome ma'am.

1 Like

Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
today is my birthday. thank you all for downloading my book and most importantly for reading it. . thank you for being part of my success story. God bless you. . drop feedback please. thank you. . Happy new month and Easter.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2018
Eziukwu Tochukwu wrote this.
Your boy is doing very poorly in school, but you are not surprised, and that’s because you know he doesn’t read his books.
You have tried all you can to get him to study, but he won’t. You’ve threatened, shouted, pleaded and cuddled him, but yet, he won’t flip open a book.
There is only one thing your boy wants to do, and that is music. But there is only one thing you want your boy to do-his books.
There is a conflict. There is a war. So who is going to win? Time will tell.
So one morning, I put on my radio, and you were on air, complaining about your boy. You had called in during a radio program, and you were pouring your heart out concerning your boy. You were seeking for help.
That was the first time I heard your story. I don’t know you, and I may never get to know you. But guess what?
You made me pray to God that day. And guess what I asked him? I asked him to give me a boy like your son when I’m old like you.
I asked God to give me a son who may not want to read, who may be doing very poorly in school, but who knows the one thing he wants to spend the rest of his life doing.
That same day too, as I listened to you pour out your heart bitterly about your son, I wished I was your son. I wished I knew what your son knew when I was his age.
Just that I also wished never to have you as my mum because chances are, you would have ruined everything for me, just like you are about ruining it for your boy.
Look at me today, I’m still trying to figure it all out, but your son already has it all figured out. And all you could do was to get on the radio to complain?
Ma’am, can I tell you something?
You have a goldmine in your house, but you are about to mess it up because you are not skilled in mining.
By the way, whose job was it to discover the gold in your boy? Yours of course! But did you do it? No, you didn’t. Your boy discovered his gold all by himself.
Now it’s mining time, but instead of you to help him mine his gold, you were on the radio complaining that your boy doesn’t want to read his books when you should have been on radio shouting out to the world that your boy has got gold.
And now I’m here wondering-Is having a gold deposit something to complain about?
Oh, maybe it is. And that’s because you want your boy to go to school, to get good grades, and join the millions of unemployed graduates out there, who can boast of nothing else but just a paper they call a certificate.
Am I against sending your boy to school? No, I’m not.
Am I against trying to get your boy to read his books? Definitely not!
I’m just saying that maybe you are losing focus on what is more important and that you may have a wrong idea of what education truly is.
The problem could be that you sent your boy to the wrong school, where they are giving him the wrong books to read, and so he is making the worst grades in class, and now you are calling him a dummy.
I don’t mean to be harsh, but come to think of it, who is truly the dummy here? The one who sends a squirrel to a swimming school, and sends a fish to a climbing school, and then turns around to complain that they are not reading their books and are not making good grades; or the helpless squirrel and fish who found themselves in the wrong places?
If you think your boy hates school, just send him to a music school, and he will prove you wrong.
If you think your boy hates reading, just get him books and materials on music, and watch him devour them like a hungry lion.
If you think he is a dummy and that’s why he is making bad grades in his class, just put him in a music class and watch him come top of his class.
Ma’am, can I tell you something? You have a goldmine in your house, but you are about to mess it up because you are not skilled in mining.
# Tochiwrites
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by DonOms(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2018
boluwafunmike:
today is my birthday.
thank you all for downloading my book and most importantly for reading it.
thank you for being part of my success story.
God bless you.
drop feedback please.
thank you.
Happy new month and Easter.

Though belated, here's wishing you a happy birthday.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thanks so much
DonOms:

Though belated, here's wishing you a happy birthday.
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by boluwafunmike: 7:33am On Apr 08, 2018
What are you eating in Milk; "The content or the brand name"?
I have had to intercept other shoppers at the grocery,asking who the milk is for,a child,an adult (age bracket and all that)
So what is with milk? Is the magic in the brand name or the content?
I hope this help shed some light.
Milk is almost a perfect food,and that's why for the first 6months of life, a baby can have all it needs for growth and development, just feeding on milk alone.
Different classes of milk by fat content value.
Whole milk: This implies that the fat content hasn't be altered,it is the best for children above 3years,teenagers,youths,pregnant and lactating mothers,active working adults. It can read instant whole milk,full cream milk on the label.
Skimmed milk: The animal fat has been taken out completely and not replaced. Suitable for those cutting down fat.
Filled milk: The animal fat has been taken out and replaced with plant fat (which is unsaturated). This is best for our oldies and adults that aren't involved in active work. This is not good for children,do take extra note.
Liquid milk vs Powdered milk
There is a relationship between fat and water,such that the lesser water in the food,the more the fat content of such. When someone is sick and recuperating,liquid milk is best,because the person needs more protein and less fat for repair of cells and worn-out tissues.
You don't need to buy the brand, what you need is the content. Read food labels.
Written by bukola olupona
Re: All Parents Do Read This. by Preciouzword: 11:14am On Apr 08, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Advise Me On Brands For My Washing Machine And Fridge (double Door) / €30 Million Painting Of A Young Woman Breastfeeding Her Father In Prison / Sex During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.