Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,506 members, 7,833,681 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

2007 Champions League Quarter Finals - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals (11462 Views)

UEFA Champions League Quarter-final draw Draw On 20th March 2015 / Champions League Finals: How Much Does The Winner Or Looser Take Home? / Champions League Quarter Final Draw @ 12PM Nigerian Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by kitaun(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2007
If Valencia could thump Lyon at home then . .
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by loyika(m): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2007
Chelski whoop Valencia's A$$ Can't wait to see that miracle. Like i said will be a tight game, and anyone that takes their chances will win, Now if ya'll had said the Scummies would get their A$$es whooped, AHHH!! thats a differnt matter entirely

cool GOONER 89
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2007
wormy you might not be arsenal but that match will be a biter pill for you to swallow . you cant win valencia and you know that .

kit you meant roma aight? wink
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2007
Loyiks, I agree with you! No one has said otherwise! The scums would have their asses whooped!
We can't say much about the Chelsea game because the two sides haven't played b4. Like I said, it would be a tight game, but the team with more depth and hunger would win! KAPISH! grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2007
Gooners are reduced to making envious comments on the sidelines grin

Btw AC Milan v B.Munich,I fancy Milan.Although Bayern have the advantage of playing first game away and in Otmar Hitzfeld have a manager with an outstanding record,Milan has the better players and their manager is equally as good

I expect Liverpool to knock out PSV quite easily.They already had the better of them in the Group stages and I expect a repeat now

Valencia are very much underestimated and i feel they are going to knock out Chelsea.I have not been impressed by Chelsea's performance in the Champions League so far.Valencia did a fantastic job knocking out Inter although they might be hampered by any disciplinary issues arising out of the last game.That to me is the major obstacle facing them but man for man,I think they are better side than Chelsea and will knock out Chelsea

Man Utd should knock out Roma.Roma have a fantastic way of playing without fielding any actual strikers,their goals can come from anywhere and in Chivu and Mexes,have two good defenders.They however tend to be nervous and lose their composure when things are not going well.Utd should go through

Gooners ;DSit back and watch real football clubs play proper football grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by kitaun(m): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2007
Muks, ma bad jare, thanx
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2007
OH MY GOD! I had almost forgotten that Valencia has a big case to answer with UEFA! grin
By the time UEFA has finished dealing with them, half of their best players would have been suspended! grin
Oh my God! This is sweet! grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2007
I don't know the details of the disciplinary proceedings so far but I don't think any punishments will be meted out before the matches with Chelsea.That is why I still fancy them above Chelski.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2007
The disciplinary actions have to come soon, as their offence was really ugly. To put it succinctly, they're in soup! grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by loyika(m): 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2007
Yeah the same way, Roma will be above you. Raping you guys silly cry cry

We will sit back and watch C Ronaldo being made to cry like a baby. We won't miss that for the World.

cool GOONER 89
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Akolawole(m): 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2007
I am very happy that people are not even towards Chlsea winning anything again this season.

So pressure is off my boys.

There is one thing i admire in Chelsea and it will be highly manifested by may.

There shouldnt be any sitting on the fence here.

For record purposes, the following members predicted Chelsea's ouster

1) 4Play
2) Loyika
3) Mukina2

I will be updating the list as they come

@All

I am so happy we are not meeting Liverpool. Any other team is okay for me, i repeat any team.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by justkunmi(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2007
the gooners are having hard-ons cos of the pairings. grin grin cheesy

i dont see anything special in Roma. They are as beatable as any team in the Champion's league.

I'm surprised u guys are talking as if u dont know what the CL is. It is full of surprises and no team ever wins a match on paper. It's down to 11 men against 11 men.  Or have u forgotten what an away goal can do?  
Anyone that writes off United or any other team for that matter should get his head checked.  Just a reminder; who gave liverpool a chance against barca, the defending champions.?  No team is unbeatable cool

Really lookin 4ward to the games against Roma. Good thing we playin in Rome first

PROUDLY UNITED cool
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Akolowale

I think we should do a competition on predictions in NL grin

I remember last time,I seemed to be the only one on NL who mentioned Italy as my favourites to win the World Cup.Some people mocked me then saying Italy had many scandals grin

I feel Valencia will knock out Chelsea if UEFA don't catch up with them
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Akolawole(m): 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2007
justkunmi:

the gooners are having hard-ons because of the pairings. grin grin cheesy

i don't see anything special in Roma. They are as beatable as any team in the Champion's league.

I'm surprised u guys are talking as if u don't know what the CL is. It is full of surprises and no team ever wins a match on paper. It's down to 11 men against 11 men.  Or have u forgotten what an away goal can do?  
Anyone that writes off United or any other team for that matter should get his head checked.  Just a reminder; who gave liverpool a chance against barca, the defending champions.?  No team is unbeatable cool

Really lookin 4ward to the games against Roma. Good thing we playin in Rome first

PROUDLY UNITED cool

Thank you my brother.

Even people who you think should know about how this game "behave" comment like Toddlers as well.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by justkunmi(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2007
thanks jare Akola cool

the major culprits are arsenal fans and i can understand that because of their misfortunes. but u guys should look the games inteliigently and not with beef. and i'm talkin to someone here. undecided

did anyone believe porto could win the CL when they did, beating football powers en route the final.
or didn't arsenal do the same? betain juve and other greats?

MANUTD HAS A CREDIBLE CHANCE OF GOING THROUGH AND WHEN THEY DO, LOYIKA, U MUST EAT A FROG shocked grin shocked

i'll remind you when this happens cheesy

PROUDLY UNITED cool
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by loyika(m): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2007
Akola angry

Please go to Specs Savers and get glasses, When did i ever say, Valencia will ouster Chelsea, I said Chelsea should watch out that Valencia are not as brittle as Barca. And that Chelsea will not "WHOOP A$$" as Wormy said. See me see trouble oh!! shocked

Did i not say Big Up to the Prem teams (except the Scummies tongue)

FFS!! If you guys cannot even be bothered to read something, then pass it by

And please you all should not make me laugh with your double standards. AKOLA AND JK, So you have never in all your time on Nairaland predicted a game before the match. please treat us all with respect!! Don't always talk as if you all are the Gods of Nairaland. Predictions are all part and parcel of the game, and is done for Fun.

Everyone despite their predictions have said that the games will be tight, Even that "JESTER" 4play, with his good analysis, even predicted outcomes at the end. Every fan does so (apparently apart from Akola and JK) hissing loudly tongue tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by loyika(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2007
JK grin

Buy the Frog in advance, if you like. I repeat if you guys win the CL. I will eat the Frog. Buy it and i will find you and pick it up. Bring a cam along so you can take the pic. grin

Nothing Intelligent there Roma should Rape Scum United, No beef attached (thats what Bill Gates refers to as a No Brainer!!)

cool GOONER 89
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Akolawole(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2007
Chelski whoop Valencia's A$$  Can't wait to see that miracle.

GOONER 89

@Loyika

Go and check my post very well. I HARDLY PREDICT

Who on earth would ever predict Sheffield United beating Almighty Arsenal?

loyika:

JK grin

Buy the Frog in advance, if you like. I repeat if you guys win the CL. I will eat the Frog. Buy it and i will find you and pick it up. Bring a cam along so you can take the pic. grin

cool GOONER 89

Lets put sentiment aside.
Do you agree that the Current United team is better than Arsenal team that nearly won last year's Champions league?
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by justkunmi(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2007
@loyika
u talk about double standards. . . . . shakes head

loyika:

Yeah the same way, Roma will be above you. Raping you guys silly cry cry

We will sit back and watch C Ronaldo being made to cry like a baby. We won't miss that for the World.

cool GOONER 89

is that a prediction??

loyika:

Did i not say Big Up to the Prem teams (except the Scummies tongue)

is that a prediction?

loyika, i ain't sayin nobody should not say watever. but from the moment the pairings came out, manutd's head came out for laughs.

i say this again, loyika, IF MANUTD SHOULD QUALIFY AHEAD OF ROMA, U MUST EAT A FROG. grin

Even roma themselves see the equality of either teams goin thru. check the link if u think its credible enough.
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1970996,00.html
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2007
@Akolowale

There is a major difference btw making a reasoned prediction and an empty boast.Everyone knows you have made the latter more times the former so spare us the sermons.

In all the fixtures, Liverpool is the only one that I feel I can predict with any confidence

At the group stages,I fancied Milan to win the CUp.However,there major problem is their inability to score goals.They play with only one striker up front(Gilardino) and while they are strong in defence this inability to score goals is a big obstacle.

Every season we have a suprise team(last 2 was Arsenal and Liverpool) and Roma can be that but the inexperience of their players at this level is a problem.Arsenal had similar inexperience but they were underrated and it acted as a surprise element . If they go behind,they find it hard to come back and lose their heads easily. This is the first time they are making it to the Q/F.

Right now,I think Valencia and Milan will make it to the Final
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Razorr(f): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2007
Now this is a real prediction: - If the scummites manage to beat the romans, myself and Loyiks would share this frog! grin grin

Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by justkunmi(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2007
lol
grin cheesy

it would shock u guys
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by 4Play(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2007
We all know that the French eat frogs and Arse-anal being a French team would have a lot of frog eating French players and a manager that eats frogs.It won't be surprising if their fans enjoy a meal of fried frogs as well grin

Word on the streets,Loyika has been known to eat all sorts of things and was seen on Wednesday nite eating some humble pie with roasted frogs grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by Akolawole(m): 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2007
loyika:

[size=14pt]Don't always talk as if you all are the Gods of Nairaland. Predictions are all part and parcel of the game,[/size]  

cool GOONER 89

Nobody is a god here. I repeat nobody.

@Kitaun

This is one of such statements i was reffering to.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by justkunmi(m): 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2007
4 Play:

We all know that the French eat frogs and Arse-anal being a French team would have a lot of frog eating French players and a manager that eats frogs.It won't be surprising if their fans enjoy a meal of fried frogs as well grin

Word on the streets,Loyika has been known to eat all sorts of things and was seen on Wednesday night eating some humble pie with roasted frogs grin

lmao grin
no wonder he jumped at the slightest chance of eating a frog and posing for a photo while he's at it
lol grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by loyika(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2007
Akola

CHILL OUT!!

1, your first quote from me was replying Wormy, Please explain to us all how that translate to "CHELSEA WILL BE OUSTERED". Did i write in Latin or Greek Read what Wormy said, then read my post in reply to his.

Secondly 4play has answered you on your other assertion, and since "le Jester" has spoken, what more needs to be said.

Thirdly, is Kit your Protector . Why do you always reach out to him. Kitaun na secret Cult una dey

JK cool

Yes Double standards cool We are all human, and when i mess up, i am the first to apologise and say so, countless times. So you ain't saying nothing.

Secondly my statement was in response to "Le Jester" as he was replying Razorr, Read and confirm.

Thirdly, JK you actually feel that i will ever wish Scum United success That just like Bush wishing "Bin laden happy birthday grin grin"

JK cool Razorr has shown you sample, now get your own frog, and i repeat, If you win the CL, i didn't say if you beat Roma, But I doubt you guys will even get pass them.

Jk just do me a favour, please guy, just go back and read my first post on this (and i didn't even put up any links cheesy wink) And see how i described the game, i even called Roma a "cheating team", which they are tongue

4play

Nice post shocked

This is one of those Lapses i was refering to shocked, Too bad it only lasts a few minutes, then you return to your stupidity almost imediately cry cry

Razorr kiss

Nice Pic, Hmmm frog fried rice sounds delicious, JK bring us enough Don Perignon, when you are coming with the camera to capture the "NON" Event cool.

Kit cool

Please come and save AKOLA oh!! I will never understand this Union

cool GOONER 89
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by justkunmi(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2007
loyika
seriously i love the way u say things and the humor angle u put to it. good for the game.

On hating united and not wishing them well, no worries cos the feeling is mutual. grin [b]we hate u t[/b]oo grin lol

i saw razorr's frog. that's not big enough for u guys to share. i'll bring a bigger one with the Don Perignon u requested.
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2007
OMG the ties are not yet here

they are wabbling grin grin

i'll enjoy watching this ties grin grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by kitaun(m): 2:05am On Mar 10, 2007
Jeez!! Some hours off here and all this happens? Ewww
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by toshmann(m): 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2007
toshmann's prediction for semi final

liverpool
valencia
roma
A.C munich grin . . . . . this one go hard o. abasi mbok grin

i bet 1/2 for this prediction. who wan try grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by mukina2: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2007
dreams

i vouch for the other three . but for liverfool naaa nothing dey happen grin
Re: 2007 Champions League Quarter Finals by toshmann(m): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2007
mukina2:

dreams

i vouch for the other three . but for liverfool naaa nothing dey happen grin

mukina!!!!!!!!!! shocked you should stand by me angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Chelsea vs Leeds (1 - 0) On 4th March 2023 / Chelsea Vs Burnley (2 - 2) - On 30th March 2024 / Tottenham's Luca Modric Set To Join Manchester United.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.