Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time (6915 Views)

Poll: Who gets all 3 points?

Chelsea?: 71% (10 votes)
Liverpool?: 14% (2 votes)
A draw: 14% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 3rd January 2016 / Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 / Chelsea Vs Basel: Europa League (3 - 1) On 2nd May, 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by v3: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2010
Venue : Anfield
Kick Off Time : 2:45pm Local Time

Liverpool's season looks to have amounted to nothing, but they could put a major dent in Chelsea's title bid. cool

With just two games of the season remaining, the Reds are close to being put out of their misery.

Europa League heartache against Atletico Madrid last night summed up their campaign, with Rafa's side now set to miss out on any silverware and possibly a top-four finish.

They must take maximum points from their remaining fixtures to have any hope of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League, but even that might not be enough sad.

The only positive for Liverpool at the moment is that they are unbeaten in five Premier League outings and are on course to finish with a flourish.

They have also won nine and lost none of their last 10 top-flight games on home soil, with Anfield becoming something of a fortress once more.

The Reds also boast a more than respectable record against Chelsea on Merseyside over recent years, with the Blues having left empty-handed on 11 occasions during the Premier League era.

The capital giants have also failed to score in four of their last six league meetings with Liverpool, suggesting they are yet to work out how best to play Benitez's side.

Carlo Ancelotti knows he cannot afford to draw a blank again this weekend, with it imperative Chelsea take maximum points from their trip to the North West.

A win, coupled with a Manchester United defeat at Sunderland later in the day, would be enough for them to wrap up the title.

However, with it looking increasingly likely that the battle will go down to the wire, they will be keen to head into the final day with some sort of a lead.

They have been absolutely flying of late, ensuring confidence around the camp is sky high, with their last six outings bringing 23 goals and five wins.

Possible starting XIs

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Agger, Kuyt, Mascherano, Aquilani, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres(injured).

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, Anelka.

1-2  undecided

P.S : I think this could be on DSTV as HiTV aren't airing this one  angry angry
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by dyabman(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2010
Predos

liverfool 0 - chelsea 3

Believe me! grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by tkb417(m): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Late Gerrard goal to ensure a score draw

1-1
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by BinghiNya(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2010
If Chelsea don't beat Liverfluke then they don't deserve to be the EPL champions. United will be waiting for a chelsea slip
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2010
Liverpool is a threat.
So is S'land to United.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by mykali(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2010
this has got to be the clash of the desperate folk
there's so much at stake
and i seriously do not know which way this is gonna end
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by allboyz(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
i nor know who i go like make him win dis game. . .i nor want make chelsea win. . . .make L'pool win and then make UTD loose. . .na like dat i want am grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 - 2

Gerrard 6 goals grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by AndreUweh(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Steve Bruce was a former Man U Captain and now at Sunderland. He will be happy that his former team wins. As a result, the most thing to happen to Chelsea is to win on sunday vs Liverpool.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by tayoast(m): 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2010
Chelski 2 win.
Liverpool played 2hrs ystday while me guys stayed indoors wt their wives n gfs.
A maa na iya won pa!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by switch411(m): 7:33am On May 01, 2010
LIVERPOOL ALL THE WAY!! The best chelsea can get in this game is a draw, and i hope they wont even get the one point. A loss should shut them up for the season. CHELSEA MUST FALL!! CHELSEA MUST DIE!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Borat1: 8:50am On May 01, 2010
Who is the joker that included Torres in the line up? Take time o!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by nethacker(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2010
liverpool cant defeat me wit dat squad grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Nobody: 10:56am On May 01, 2010
if Looserpool should win,

Man U fans gonna start reveling in their new found status as their equals

But then again losing means chances of 4th place is by far a gone conclusion.

All I know sha is Chelski MUST win.

Didier Drogba, tra lala,
Didier Drogba, traaa lalala,
Didier Drogba, tra lala,
Didier Drogba, traaa lalala,
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by yemmight(m): 1:45pm On May 01, 2010
BlueDiva:

Liverpool is a threat.
So is S'land to United.

Good point

allboyz:

i nor know who i go like make him win dis game. . .i nor want make chelsea win. . . .make L'pool win and then make UTD loose. . .na like dat i want am grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 - 2

Unrealistic.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by MrTA(m): 6:19pm On May 01, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Mark Hughes was a former Man U Captain and now at Sunderland. He will be happy that his former team wins. As a result, the most thing to happen to Chelsea is to win on sunday vs Liverpool.

You obviously have no idea who mark hughes is.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by MrTA(m): 6:43pm On May 01, 2010
Unfortunately Liverpool are awful so will spread their asses for Chelsea.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by RichDad1(m): 6:52pm On May 01, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Mark Hughes was a former Man U Captain and now at Sunderland. He will be happy that his former team wins. As a result, the most thing to happen to Chelsea is to win on sunday vs Liverpool.
You mean Steve Bruce right? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by tobounty(m): 7:28pm On May 01, 2010
i already watch the match in my dream chelsea won by 3 goals to one. and all my dreams has never fail me since my birth dat is to say all chelsea fan in the house is time to start dancing alanta.God bless the blues and nothing for the devil.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by tayoast(m): 7:49pm On May 01, 2010
i'm sacred. . .cant wait for kick off.
CA, pls ooo. Dont let d Spurs tactical blunder repeat itself
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by waledoy(m): 8:03pm On May 01, 2010
Go lads you can do it

up blues
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by FBS: 8:28pm On May 01, 2010
allboyz:

6 - 2

You done come again ooo! grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Cristalz(f): 8:39pm On May 01, 2010
Another 7 - 1 win jo. cheesy grin
Lamps hattrick, Drog brace, Kalou and Anelka to round up.

Kuyt to get the consolation goal.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by jalether(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2010
Cristalz:

Another 7 - 1 win jo. cheesy grin
Lamps hattrick, Drog brace, Kalou and Anelka to round up.

Kuyt to get the consolation goal.

I will drink to that cool, considering Liverpool's abysmal form this season. your prediction (despite the dishonest tone) is not unrealistic.

We could actually win the title tomorrow, if Sunderland beats Man utd and the result at Anfield goes our way, let's go there !!!!!!!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by tayoast(m): 11:33pm On May 01, 2010
^^ we shdnt bother ourselves wt Utd's game.
Lets do our biz by beating Liverpull.

**i'm scared**
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by adebayo201: 6:26am On May 02, 2010
tobounty:

i already watch the match in my dream chelsea won by 3 goals to one. and all my dreams has never fail me since my birth dat is to say all chelsea fan in the house is time to start dancing alanta.God bless the blues and nothing for the devil.

liverpul hav a tradition and wnt just let it go like dat. If u hear the devils cum hear the red devils dem 2 na devil so NEVER WALK ALONE in Anfield! grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Cristalz(f): 8:27am On May 02, 2010
jalether:

I will drink to that cool, considering Liverpool's abysmal form this season. your prediction (despite the dishonest tone) is not unrealistic.

We could actually win the title tomorrow, if Sunderland beats Man utd and the result at Anfield goes our way, let's go there !!!!!!!!

If what beats who??
You're not serious o. grin

Sunderland are our distant cousins, not to mention our fans. . .they'll let us win outta love and devotion. grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by MardiGras: 10:11am On May 02, 2010
Why cant liverpool realise they cant and wont qualify for 4th? angry
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by RuuDie(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2010
Dirk Kuyt, Ngog & Mascherano might not make this 1 - wonder who go play then
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by cabali(m): 11:19am On May 02, 2010
Do nor expect Liverpool to play light and Sunderland to play soft. Sunderland is no threat to man u. They will be beaten easily. Liverpool on the other hand will be a tough one. It will be difficult to beat them. But do we have the players and ability to beat them, yes we do. It is up to us to bring the fight in like lions cos to hope that benitez will slip so man u doesn't make history is a freaking waste of time.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Borat1: 1:10pm On May 02, 2010
I've never seen anyone as pessimistic as you, cabali. Nobody is pinning hopes on anyone except our boys. Have you seen our line up? Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Malouda. . .c'mon man, its a wrap!
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Sauron1: 1:14pm On May 02, 2010
The JUDGEMENT DAY is here. . . . .

Rafa is not relaxing.
I see Mascherano, Carragher, Kuyt, Aquilani, Maxi and Benayoun.
Come on you jobless, scrounging SCOUSERS. . . . .Take a point from the Chavs.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea(0-2) on Sunday, 2nd May; 1.30pm Nig Time by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 02, 2010
hello every, am in cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea [2 - 0] On 7th November 2010 / Who Will Win The Uefa Champions League / Stoke City Vs Arsenal [1 - 3] On Saturday, 27th Feb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.