Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck (1786 Views)

Total Cost Of Clearing A 2013 Mercedes Benz ML350 In Nigeria / Clearing A 2006 Honda Accord Shipped From The US / Question On Clearing/custom Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
Astute clearing agents.

1) Is there a year limit on a truck like this? If so what is it?

2) How much is the estimated clearing amount?

3) Are there any issues with the color or it has to be painted a civilian color?

Thanks.

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Marpol: 5:52am On Mar 13, 2018
For trucks there is no age limit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 13, 2018
Marpol:
For trucks there is no age limit.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by thebigkendo(m): 10:32am On Mar 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Astute clearing agents.

3) Are there any issues with the color or it has to be painted a civilian color?

Thanks.

saintjoel Oliverjiad sheffyUTD

1 Like

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by saintjoel(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Astute clearing agents.

Thanks.

With the rate of insurgency in Nigeria, I will suggest you get a civilian friendly colour. As per the price for clearing, let's chat on WhatsApp, 08062948193..
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
saintjoel:

With the rate of insurgency in Nigeria, I will suggest you get a civilian friendly colour. As per the price for clearing, let's chat on WhatsApp, 08062948193..

I will email for the quote.

Regarding the color, can it clear customs with it? I prefer to keep this color unless it’s against the law.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by diportivo: 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I will email for the quote.

Regarding the color, can it clear customs with it? I prefer to keep this color unless it’s against the law.

uncle egun,e kasan sir

I doubt it's against the law

I see the Ukrainian KrAZ-6322 on my route very often and it's d same colour

besides,this colour na immigration Colour

immigration ain't the military

grin

2 Likes

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 13, 2018
diportivo:

uncle egun,e kasan sir

I doubt it's against the law

I see the Ukrainian KrAZ-6322 on my route very often and it's d same colour

besides,this colour na immigration Colour

immigration ain't the military

grin

Thank you Sir.

That one makes the S&S look like a toy grin
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by kingreign(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir.

That one makes the S&S look like a toy grin
The Unimog is the king of the pack
Love the Unimog U4000 cool

1 Like

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
kingreign:

The Unimog is the king of the pack
Love the Unimog U4000 cool

We can argue that grin

The Steyr 12M18 is my favorite but even a well sorted 911 could suffice for me but hard to find with AWD.

You know your trucks Sir cool

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by sultaan(m): 10:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
I'm a lawless country like Nigeria they might try to seize it from you or you may just have to sell it off.

Read to customs guideline properly to understand what is prohibited

2 Likes

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
sultaan:
I'm a lawless country like Nigeria they might try to seize it from you or you may just have to sell it off.

Read to customs guideline properly to understand what is prohibited

No way I’m selling it, it’s crucial to my retirement. I’ll be using it to tour Africa after it’s all sorted.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by saintjoel(m): 7:31am On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

No way I’m selling it, it’s crucial to my retirement. I’ll be using it to tour Africa after it’s all sorted.

Can you help a colonel uncle of mine get this truck, Steyr Power Tank Transporter tractor with winch and trailer.
Type : 32S39/S38/6X6, he was given the contract but he hasn't been able to get one.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by sheffyUTD(m): 8:10am On Mar 14, 2018
Oga sir, please repaint to civilian colour. I don't know what after clearing out of port use is, but they will not allow it pass from port until you get letter of approval. It has happened before.

@thebigkendo thanks for the mention. What really is that kendo that is big

1 Like

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by fishing: 9:34am On Mar 14, 2018
It’s a 50-50 thing. Take the risk ship with color.
Truck might be cleared or seized. You don’t wanna toy with NCS.
OR
Change color, ship and clear your truck in peace.
My own opinion I will rather not tour Africa with a truck of such color due to the level of terrorism in some areas.

2 Likes

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2018
saintjoel:

Can you help a colonel uncle of mine get this truck, Steyr Power Tank Transporter tractor with winch and trailer.
Type : 32S39/S38/6X6, he was given the contract but he hasn't been able to get one.

For Steyr you’ll have better luck in Europe.

This truck is actually a modified Steyr 12M18 for the US military.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 14, 2018
sheffyUTD:
Oga sir, please repaint to civilian colour. I don't know what after clearing out of port use is, but they will not allow it pass from port until you get letter of approval. It has happened before.

@thebigkendo thanks for the mention. What really is that kendo that is big

So if painted to civilian color then no letter of approval will be needed?

Thanks.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by sheffyUTD(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

No letter of approval needed for civilian colour.

And budget 950k for clearing

2 Likes

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
sheffyUTD:

No letter of approval needed for civilian colour.

And budget 950k for clearing

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by saintjoel(m): 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

For Steyr you’ll have better luck in Europe.

This truck is actually a modified Steyr 12M18 for the US military.

Any contacts??
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
saintjoel:

Any contacts??

No contacts yet in that part of the world though I’m cultivating some now.

Search for an old username of Siena, you may get to see a lingering post with contact info.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by sultaan(m): 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

Pink will be perfect smiley , but sandstone will be the way to go

In terms of fuel economy, and your truck being very attractive to all the militant groups in Nigeria and beyond I saw these babies in storage you will admire

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
sultaan:

Pink will be perfect� , but sandstone will be the way to go

Pink ke? grin

Most of my cars are silver so that's the likely color if I have to paint it.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by sultaan(m): 9:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
Less likely to be commandeered

Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by sultaan(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Or just get first generation wrangler unlimited
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
sultaan:
Less likely to be commandeered

I love the FJs but not suitable for the intended usage. I'm building an expedition truck.
Re: Question On Clearing a Stewart & Stevenson Truck by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
sultaan:
Or just get first generation wrangler unlimited

Won't work.

Thanks but I know exactly what I need. It's the Steyr (faster) or SS (cheaper).

If you have time/data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rT4A0v1Aa8

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Genuine Cvtf Fe Fluid / Golf4 Maintenance Issues. / BMW Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.