Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Steps To Build Your First Rc Plane - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Steps To Build Your First Rc Plane (927 Views)

Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts / 7 Basic Steps To Improve Your Financial Condition In 2018 / What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Build Your First Rc Plane by chuksdaniel8: 1:55am On Mar 13, 2018
We love RC toys, especially RC planes. You can easily buy one, but you can’t personalize it. So why not to make it? In this instructable I’ll show you how to make fully working RC plane.

Where to start?

There are two ways: you make the whole fuselage on your own, or you can buy fuselage and only add electronic parts to it.

The first way is much harder but you can design any RC plane you want. If you don’t have a CNC machine or a laser cutter (you can also print parts on 3D printer) it will be very hard to make good plane, but if you have a lot of time you can try.

The second way is a little bit easier, because you don’t have to care about aerodynamics, but your plane doesn’t have a unique design. I chose this way because I had old RC sailplane.

Step 1: What You Need?
Electronic parts:

2x Arduino(I used Nano) – first is for RC plane and second is for the transmitter
servos – if you don’t have any servos with your fuselage (if you bought it) you will need at least 3 servos (two in the wings, and one for elevator) – I’ll tell you more about plane control in fourth and fifth step
transmitter and receiver
brushless motor, ESC and battery – in step I’ll tell you more about brushless motors, ESC and battery
2x potentiometer – more about it in 6th step
joystick – my joystick is different, but this joystick is probably more accurate
RGB common anode led – to indicate battery level
470 Ω, 100 kΩ and 680 kΩ resistors
voltage regulator – more about it in step 8
switch
batteries for transmitter
wires
wires MALE to FEMALE
pins for Arduino
PCB board with holes
Other parts:

fuselage – as I said before you can make it on your own or buy it (for example from here)
screws
propeller – more about propellers in 6th step
motor mount
hook and loop fastener
airplane pushrod linkage
other parts you need to make the fuselage or to complete it
You will also need:

soldering iron
solder
screwdriver
scissors
hot glue gun
hot glue
heat shrink
3D printer (you don’t have to have it but it’s really helpful, especially if you want to build transmitter on your own)
Skills needed:

soldering
basics of programming Arduino
3D drawing (not necessarily)
and others needed to make the fuselage (they depend on which way of making you chose)
Everything costed me about $65 (I didn’t add the cost of the fuselage, because I got it for free, and cost of batteries for transmitter).
READMORE.......http://gettymax.info/2018/03/10/steps-to-build-your-first-rc-plane/

Re: Steps To Build Your First Rc Plane by david5565: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
*3D printer (you don’t have to have it but it’s really helpful, especially if you want to build transmitter on your own)*

I can design and 3d print your parts if you need my services. Location --> Lagos.
Call 08166165445 for business

(1) (Reply)

CBN Boosts Rice Farming With N4b Cash, Input / News Site For Sale With Adsense / I Need To Start A Gas Retail Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.