Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,720 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions (942 Views)

My Talking Drum Visitor Pt1 / How Long Should A Visitor (friend) Stay Before They Start Contributing / American From 4chan With Some Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by revontuli(f): 3:03am On Mar 13, 2018
I'm a European reading this forum for some time and find the perspectives here quite interesting.

I noticed in a lot of threads people are attacking Igbo and Edo tribes. When there's news stories about disgusting or criminal acts, a lot of you guys scream Igbo and Edo. Why do you hate them so much?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by 4kings: 3:12am On Mar 13, 2018
Hasty generalisation there.
Not all Nigerians react that way, just that some Nairalanders have serious issues...
Re: Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by Gentle034(m): 4:35am On Mar 13, 2018
Nigeria is one big country that is only divided along religious and ethnic affiliation big time
Re: Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 16, 2018
Tho i am of the Ibibio tribe, i know that Igbo people are hated by other most tribes in Nigeria for no reason. The unfairness shown towards this tribe is what's making them want to break away from Nigeria.
Re: Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2018
Is that Ostrich a male?

If not! Bia this side.
Re: Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by 4kings: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
Tho i am of the Ibibio tribe, i know that Igbo people are hated by other most tribes in Nigeria for no reason. The unfairness shown towards this tribe is what's making them want to break away from Nigeria.
How did you come about your assertion?
Have you been to all parts of Nigeria?
Is it not also here on Nairaland where some of the igbos insult the funali/hausu people.

I'm not saying igbos are not hated but stop playing the victim card for them, they aren't the only "hated" ones.
Re: Foreign Visitor Here With Some Questions by macof(m): 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
but igbos stand against the other ethnicities

Everyone cannot be bad and igbos the nice victims

(1) (Reply)

Post Any Evidence Of Benin-ife Connection Prior To 1475 To 1914 / 20 Hausa Words In Everyday Nigerian English / Strangest Traditions Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.