Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,926 members, 7,956,473 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

PDP Chief, Hundreds Decamp To APC In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PDP Chief, Hundreds Decamp To APC In Lagos (419 Views)

Former Zamfara Governor- Yari Sets To Decamp To PDP / Senator Mrs Remi Tinubu May Decamp To PDP Soon / Saraki Set To Decamp To SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Chief, Hundreds Decamp To APC In Lagos by IROHINOodua: 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
Tinubu is our hero-say former PDP members
By Tope Aduloju

Mushin was agog with funfare and dances on Monday as a notable Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) member, Prince Micheal Adekunle Olapade decamped to the All Progressives Congress, (APC) in the state. The event started from Olushoga street Mushin with the chieftain leading his followers to Isolo Road, where they obtained their APC membership forms amidst pomp and pageantry in the evening hours of yesterday.
Hundreds of former members of the PDP joined the ruling party with their local leaders saying that the victory of the APC in the nest elections was given.
Olapade is one of the most prominent members of PDP in Mushin and was once the party’s Chairmanship aspirant. Notable APC leaders and members of the Mandate Group led by the apex leader Prince Bayo Soyemi and also the frontliner Prince Adewale Arogundade attended the historic event. Arogundade said the PDP is a “dishonest and disunited party” that offers no genuine hope for the people of Lagos State.
According to Olapade, he decided to join the APC due to the impressive performance of the party in the state.
He said: “on my own side I was not appreciated after my contribution both physically and financially to PDP since 1999 which made me to rethink and decides to join the ruling party.” He added, “My aim in APC is to impact vigorously by using my creativity in organizing various educative and interactive programmes coupled with providing employment opportunities using is organization as a stepping stone.”
He continues, “I support the second term of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode through various economic and social developments he has brought to Lagos.”
Olapade concluded that “Bola Ahmed Tinubu is like a father to him, and sees him has a strong force to reckon with in terms of helping young political aspirants to achieve their dreams.”
Prince Wale Arogundade a frontliner of mandate group of the APC in Mushin Local Government welcomes Olapade to the party. Arogundade said “he congratulates him and was happy for his decision after being in the opposition party for quite some years.”
He added, “Olapade is a force to reckon with in Mushin Local Government and him joining the APC means a lot to them and also shows that the party under the present administration is working in making Lagos the Centre of Excellence.”

1 Share

Re: PDP Chief, Hundreds Decamp To APC In Lagos by EYIBLESSN(m): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hmmmmmm !!!

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Buy Used Phone From Anyone. / Man Dies By Drowning Moments After Taking This Photo / Xan's Foundation Wages War Against Tuberculosis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.