Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? (2090 Views)

How True Is Christians Claim That God Speaks To Them? / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You / God Speaks Through His Spirit (tell Yours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by folaski: 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2010
THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE FOR ALL CHRISTIANS ESPECIALLY.

THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT GOD SPEAKS TO EVERY ONE OF US,BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT NOT MANY OF US TAKE TIME TO LISTEN OR TO FIND OUT HOW SPECIFICALLY HE SPEAKS TO US AS INDIVIDUALS.

THE FIRST AND PRIMARY WAY GOD SPEAKS TO A CHRISTIAN IS THROUGH THE PAGES OF THE BIBLE. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT MANY OF US DO NT READ THE BOOK. FOR THOSE THAT READS THEIR ATTITUDE TO READING IS BAD. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE SOMEBODY WAS READING THE BIBLE WITH HIS MOBILE PHONE ON THE OTHER HAND. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT YOU ARE TELLING GOD THAT HE IS AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE. THAT IS TERRIBLE.

AT TIMES MAYBE YOU ARE ALREADY DEEP IN MEDITATION AND SOMEBODY COMES IN TO SPEAK WITH YOU. YOUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE THAT THAT PERSON IS DISTURBING YOU. IMAGINE YOURSELF RECEIVING INSTRUCTION FROM SAY THE PRESIDENT OF YOUR COUNTRY AND A FRIEND JUST CAME AROUND SEEKING YOUR ATTENTION AT THE SAME TIME. WOULD YOU TELL THE PRESIDENT TO HOLD ON SO THAT YOU CAN TALK TO YOUR FRIEND AND AFTER WHICH YOU COME BACK TO THE PRESIDENT ? YOU CERTAINLY WON'T DO THAT. BUT YOU DO THAT TO GOD.YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY SHIFT YOUR ATTENTION FROM GOD'S WORDS TO ATTEND TO THE VISITOR THEREBY KEEPING GOD "WAITING".

NOTE THIS:

WHEN YOU PRAY TO GOD ,HE PAYS ATTENTION TO YOU. AT THAT TIME YOU ARE THE ONE DOING THE TALKING. BUT WHEN YOU ARE READING (PREFERABLY STUDYING ) THE WORD OF GOD GOD SPEAKS BACK TO YOU. WHEN YOU NOW TAKE TIME TO MEDITATE ON WHAT YOU HAVE READ THEN YOU WILL GET TO HEAR HIM.

HOW DO I MEDITATE:

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO WORRY , YOU ALLREADY KNOW HOW?
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO JUST REDIRECT YOU THOUGHTS.

THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PART .I'LL WANT TO STOP AT THIS FOR NOW.

MEDITATION

THIS SIMPLY MEANS TO THINK DEEPLY ON AN ISSUE. SO AFTER CAREFUL AND ATTENTIVE STUDY OF THE WORD OF GOD(WHICH MUST BE PRECEDED BY PRAYER AND INVITATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT) THE NEXT THING TO DO IS TO PICK OUT THE ISSUE THAT APPEALS TO YOU. ONCE YOU CAN IDENTIFY THAT FROM THE PASSAGE YOU THEN BEGIN TO ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT QUESTIONS IN YOUR MIND ABOUT THE ISSUE. SUCH QUESTIONS COULD INCLUDE FOR EXAMPLE "PAPA WHY DID YOU GIVE ELIJAH SO MUCH POWER" WHAT DID HE DO RIGHT TO BE QUALIFIED." WHAT CAN I DO TO BE EQUALLY QUALIFIED." BE FREE AND BE FRANK(REMEMBER YOU HAVE A FATHER CHILD RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD) BY ASKING THESE QUESTIONS PROGRESSEVELY YOU WILL "SEE " INTO THE MIND OF GOD AS YOU WILL BEGING TO GET ANSWERS THOUGH IT REQUIRES COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION. WHETHER YOU ARE IN A CAR NOT DRIVING OR HAVING AN IDLE MOMENT MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT ON THE SUBJECT. (Hebrews 5:14 King James Version "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."wink

REMEMBER ALSO WHAT JESUS SAYS IN John 16:24 (New International Version)

"24Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. "THIS IS NOT ONLY APPLICABLE TO MATERIAL NEEDS ONLY.

I CAN BET IT THAT WHEN YOU GET A REVELATION YOU WILL JUMP IN YOUR HEART FOR JOY. I CAN BET IT.

AFTER BEING ABLE TO CRACK THIS KIND OF BONE ,YOUR MIND WOULD HAVE BEEN WORKED UPON BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD. WHATEVER GOD REVEALS TO YOU FROM HIS WORD IS A MESSAGE FROM HIM TO YOU FIRST. APPLY THE REVELATION TO YOUR LIFE FIRST. TO PROVE IT THEN SHARE WITH OTHERS. ACTS 1:1 "In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach"

TO BE CONTINUED ;BYE FOR NOW
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2010
God talks to men, how many are attentive?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Kay17: 10:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
communication is relevant when the other party gets the message and understanding. one cannot murmur to himself and deemed that he had communicated.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Mudley313: 7:40am On May 01, 2010
yea, god(s) speaks to people. its called schizophrenia
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:37am On May 02, 2010
love this
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by manmustwac(m): 2:26am On May 02, 2010
well if god can't make himself visible he should talk to the people in a way that everybody can hear him at the same time. Like the same way we all hear thunder before it rains.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Nobody: 2:29am On May 02, 2010
manmustwac:

well if god can't make himself visible he should talk to the people in a way that everybody can hear him at the same time. Like the same way we all hear thunder before it rains.

this is arrogantly nonsensical. Why do you expect that God should speak to a disobedient mule like you? He reserves the right to keep quiet.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by manmustwac(m): 2:34am On May 02, 2010
davidylan:

this is arrogantly nonsensical. Why do you expect that God should speak to a disobedient mule like you? He reserves the right to keep quiet.
So your trying to tell me that god selects the people he talks to or is it that you have to beleive in Him in order for Him to talk to you?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Nobody: 3:11am On May 02, 2010
manmustwac:

So your trying to tell me that god selects the people he talks to or is it that[b] you have to beleive in Him in order for Him to talk to you?[/b]

Absolutely daft. Lets see an example . . . does your father pay school fees for every random idiot he sees on the street? If your father takes care of you solely based on your relationship with Him then why do you think God shld be any different? Why do you expect Him to speak to you? From what? When?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by xazanderfex(m): 4:37am On May 02, 2010
i think u ve said it all davidylan u're absolutely correct
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Mudley313: 5:01am On May 02, 2010
davidylan:

Absolutely daft. Lets see an example . . . does your father pay school fees for every random idiot he sees on the street? If your father takes care of you solely based on your relationship with Him then why do you think God shld be any different? Why do you expect Him to speak to you? From what? When?

and how come god/jesus spoke to paul/saul when he was not just a sinner but a persecutor of christians, had no relations wit the christian god talkless of god being his father? i guess u're directly calling (ur) god daft on dat one
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by mazaje(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2010
davidylan:

According to the failed hypothesis the christian god loves everybody and wants every body to get to know him and save themselves from the fire he has set for those that do not believe in him. . . .So manmustwac's example is the best example, a god that wants people to know him and avoid eternal suffering in fire will talk to every body himself no?. . . .Isn't it funny that the said god was once all over the place introducing jesus as his son long time ago?. . . . .
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by jagunlabi(m): 11:06am On May 02, 2010
davidylan:

Is the bible god, in "his" alleged position as the "creator" of the universe, not supposed to be the FATHER of all his creations? Your anology is so flawed and daft, it is not even funny. What you just pointed out with your silly analogy is that the "god" you worship just can't fill the boots that he is trying to usurp. He is just way way way too small and limited an entity to be the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. He is nothing but a pitiful joke trying to play big. Mr Smally trying to play Mr Biggy. He just does not qualify.

The true GOD is the FATHER and MOTHER of all the creation, without any exception, mr. davidylan. Let your ego take that and suck it in real good. You and folks like you do not and cannot, and i repeat, do not and cannot own the CREATOR. Kapish? grin
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 11:27am On May 02, 2010
Mudley313:

and how come god/jesus spoke to paul/saul when he was not just a sinner but a persecutor of christians, had no relations wit the christian god talkless of god being his father? i guess u're directly calling (your) god daft on dat one

Your ignorance amazes me. what happened to the liberty/prerogative of God to speak with whom He pleases?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 11:29am On May 02, 2010
mazaje:

According to the failed hypothesis the christian god loves everybody and wants every body to get to know him and save themselves from the fire he has set for those that do not believe in him. . . .So manmustwac's example is the best example, a god that wants people to know him and avoid eternal suffering in fire will talk to every body himself no?. . . .Isn't it funny that the said god was once all over the place introducing jesus as his son long time ago?. . . . .

This is rather LAME. So what should God do to those who reject His love? start begging them? shocked
God has offered u His love, it is up to u to either accept this love or reject it?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 11:31am On May 02, 2010
jagunlabi:

The true GOD is the FATHER and MOTHER of all the creation, without any exception, mr. davidylan. Let your ego take that and suck it in real good. You and folks like you do not and cannot, and i repeat, do not and cannot own the CREATOR. Kapish? grin

so what is ur relationship with the "TRUE GOD"?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by jagunlabi(m): 11:38am On May 02, 2010
noetic17:

so what is your relationship with the "TRUE GOD"?
I am it's creation. It is my creator. I am in it, and it is in me. I exist in it, and it exists in me. As the creator and the created, we are one, just as all creation is one with the creator. We are all GOD'S. Beautiful, is it not?

When you can overcome the ego that rules your mind for just a couple of minutes, you will see this with absolute clarity. If you can conquer your ego at all, that is.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by jagunlabi(m): 11:44am On May 02, 2010
noetic17:

This is rather LAME. So what should God do to those who reject His love? start begging them? shocked
God has offered u His love, it is up to u to either accept this love or reject it?
NOBODY can reject GOD'S love. You think and say this because your idea of God is very flawed. The existence of all sentient beings in this reality is a perfect indication that we all love the creator and the creator loves us, and that includes non-believers of all kinds. Our existence is love itself. Can your ego accept that? I doubt it.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Kay17: 2:11pm On May 02, 2010
god can not speak because he is a dumb figment of our imagination. except you are crazy, you'd hear the voices of mazda, zeus and pink unicorns.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by thehomer: 9:08am On May 03, 2010
noetic17:

It's not about hearing of God's love from a third party. And it does not require begging.

How do you know that it is God speaking to you and not the Devil or some Demon or your own thoughts?

From what the OP said,

folaski:

THE FIRST AND PRIMARY WAY GOD SPEAKS TO A CHRISTIAN IS THROUGH THE PAGES OF THE BIBLE.

Well what parts of the bible should the reader take and apply?

folaski:

AT TIMES MAYBE YOU ARE ALREADY DEEP IN MEDITATION ,

Meditation is carried out in so many other activities that one cannot simply tie it to the Christian God.

folaski:

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO JUST REDIRECT YOU THOUGHTS.

If you are redirecting your thoughts, then you're the one thinking of what to do.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by mazaje(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2010
noetic17:

How many people living in china have ever heard about your middle eastern(Jewish)/European god?. . . .How many people living in india have also heard about your god?. . . . . .A god that wants any body to get to know him will speak to everybody from the sky in the language that each person will understand so that every body will hear his voice and know that it is him that is speaking or has spoken. . . .The fact that no god has done that says that all gods(including yours) are NOTHING but a figment of people's imaginations. . . . I thought your god was once said to write something on the wall. . . .just imagine, according to the flawed hypothesis your god is alleged to posses writing abilities yet he allowed humans to write his entire book for him, with errors and contradictions eh?. . .How interesting. . .
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 03, 2010
the usual daft responses come pouring in as expected . . .

Mudley313:

and how come god/jesus spoke to paul/saul when he was not just a sinner but a persecutor of christians, had no relations wit the christian god talkless of god being his father? i guess u're directly calling (your) god daft on dat one

1. God has a right to speak with whomever he pleases . . . just the same way your father can choose to pay school fees for an adopted child.

2. God spoke to Paul because he already knew his heart. Paul was not a christian but he was a VERY FAITHFUL follower of the Jewish law.

mazaje:

He left you a bible filled with His words. If that isnt enough for you then neither will it change anything shld He come down in person to chat with you.

jagunlabi:

Is the bible god, in "his" alleged position as the "creator" of the universe, not supposed to be the FATHER of all his creations? Your anology is so flawed and daft, it is not even funny. What you just pointed out with your silly analogy is that the "god" you worship just can't fill the boots that he is trying to usurp. He is just way way way too small and limited an entity to be the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. He is nothing but a pitiful joke trying to play big. Mr Smally trying to play Mr Biggy. He just does not qualify.

No i'm sorry you must have never read the bible. God NEVER claims to be the "father" of everyone on earth. Infact he calls Satan the FATHER of all liars like you.

jagunlabi:

I'm sorry but that is your own opinion. It is NOT supported anywhere in the bible. Here Christ Himself - Matthew 12:48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And [size=14pt]he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.[/size]

We are not interested in owning the creator all to ourselves . . . those are His own very words. Sorry they dont fit into your own selfishly created ideas of universalism.

to be Your father YOU have to be doing His will.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by mazaje(m): 5:52pm On May 03, 2010
davidylan:

He left you a bible filled with His words. If that isnt enough for you then neither will it change anything shld He come down in person to chat with you.

And who told you that? . . .So the bible is the word of god eh?. . . .The last time I checked no god ever came around and said that the bible was his word or he told people to write the bible as his words. . . .So god can write but still decided to allow people write his alleged words for him eh? Words that they ended up doing a very poor job on his behalf. . . . Interesting. . .
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 03, 2010
mazaje:

And who told you that? . . .So the bible is the word of god eh?. . . .The last time I checked no god ever came around and said that the bible was his word or he told people to write the bible as his words. . . .So god can write but still decided to allow people write his alleged words for him eh? Words that they ended up doing a very poor job on his behalf. . . . Interesting. . .

Thank God you said "last I checked" . . . so we know you really have NO evidence but simply regurgitating your own opinion and trying to force it down as facts. Like i have always said and will reiterate . . . you really shld not bother yourself with the bible.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Mudley313: 11:27pm On May 03, 2010
davidylan:

uh huh. when was dat? last time i heard your god came down on earth in human form n didn't write down nada, probably cos he was illiterate. so, when did dis your god come n left me wit his or her words?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 03, 2010
Mudley313:

uh huh. when was dat? last time i heard your god came down on earth in human form n didn't write down nada, probably cos he was illiterate. so, when did dis your god come n left me wit his or her words?

Its a pity but mark my words . . . shld you fail to repent, you will read these very words yourself on the day of judgement.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Mudley313: 11:37pm On May 03, 2010
davidylan:

Its a pity but mark my words . . . shld you fail to repent, you will read these very words yourself on the day of judgement.

^^^ [size=14pt]"Lamb Tales from Shakespear"[/size]
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 11:41pm On May 03, 2010
mazaje:

How many people living in china have ever heard about your middle eastern(Jewish)/European god?. . . .How many people living in india have also heard about your god?. . . . . .A god that wants any body to get to know him will speak to everybody from the sky in the language that each person will understand so that every body will hear his voice and know that it is him that is speaking or has spoken. . . .The fact that no god has done that says that all gods(including yours) are NOTHING but a figment of people's imaginations. . . . I thought your god was once said to write something on the wall. . . .just imagine, according to the flawed hypothesis your god is alleged to posses writing abilities yet he allowed humans to write his entire book for him, with errors and contradictions eh?. . .How interesting. . .

I am sure I have expounded on this forum about what the scriptures says about those who die without hearing the gospel. Ans Jesus also asserts that the end would not come until the scriptures is preached all over the world.

But would it not be very pitiable if u missed heaven, because of ur unfounded innuendos?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 11:42pm On May 03, 2010
thehomer:

It's not about hearing of God's love from a third party. And it does not require begging.

How do you know that it is God speaking to you and not the Devil or some Demon or your own thoughts?

Holiness, dude. The devil has no residence in a vessel unto honour. And morover, u can always "quantify" the words u hear and know it source.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by noetic17: 11:45pm On May 03, 2010
jagunlabi:

I am it's creation. It is my creator. I am in it, and it is in me. I exist in it, and it exists in me. As the creator and the created, we are one, just as all creation is one with the creator. We are all GOD'S. Beautiful, is it not?

When you can overcome the ego that rules your mind for just a couple of minutes, you will see this with absolute clarity. If you can conquer your ego at all, that is.

what u have here is an imaginary "god" u have created for urself. so jagunlabi is a god? . . .did make the heavens and the earth?

jagunlabi:

NOBODY can reject GOD'S love. You think and say this because your idea of God is very flawed. The existence of all sentient beings in this reality is a perfect indication that we all love the creator and the creator loves us, and that includes non-believers of all kinds. Our existence is love itself. Can your ego accept that? I doubt it.

where is the proof that u love the creator? have u ever seen Him before?
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 03, 2010
Mudley313:

^^^ [size=14pt]"Lamb Tales from Shakespear"[/size]

I wonder why you dont spend your time reading shakespeare then. You seem to muse over the bible way too much for a book you think is a fairytale.
Re: Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? by Mudley313: 12:53am On May 04, 2010
davidylan:

I wonder why you dont spend your time reading shakespeare then. You seem to muse over the bible way too much for a book you think is a fairytale.

hmm. . .same reason i used to watch the tv programme [size=14pt]Tales by Moonlight [/size] as a lil kid. . .same ol fairy tales

and by the way, i dont "think" its fairy tales. . .IT IS[b] FAIRYTALES[/b]

Main Entry: fairy tale
Function: noun
Date: 1749
1 a : a story involving fantastic forces and beings (as fairies, wizards, and goblins) —called also fairy story b : a story in which improbable events lead to a happy ending
2 : a made-up story usually designed to mislead

compare the bolded with ur bible book of fairytales

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Things Are Yours: Pastor Anita Oyakhilome / Mali: Sharia Imposed In Timbuktu, Muslims Demolish Churches, Christians Flee / What Is The Point Of Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.