Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? (1180 Views)

What Type Of Solar Inverter Would You Recommend For Someone Learning Programming / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? by FixNaija(m): 10:21am On Mar 14, 2018
Hello guys, I reside at Byazhin Across Kubwa, Abuja. Which school will you recommend for me to learn computer programming and networking. I'm in dire need of a place to acquire coding skills

Thank you
Re: Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? by holuphisayor(m): 10:52am On Mar 14, 2018
use the internet and learn yourself. you'll be glad you did.
Some skills like googling the internet to find helpful solutions will become valuable.
If some concepts are hard for you to comprehend. enrol in mooc classes like
CS50 introduction to computer science on edx.

2. (pennx) programming for the web and JavaScript on edx

you can also use udemy, Lynda or get them free on torrent sites. whichever way.

BTW have a project in mind while learning. (do I want to develop an ecommerce website,
booking/reservations website etc?. This decision will help you choose the programming language you should focus on and speed up your learning process.)

3 Likes

Re: Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? by FixNaija(m): 11:03am On Mar 14, 2018
holuphisayor:
use the internet and learn yourself. you'll be glad you did.
Some skills like googling the internet to find helpful solutions will become valuable.
If some concepts are hard for you to comprehend. enrol in mooc classes like
CS50 introduction to computer science on edx.

2. (pennx) programming for the web and JavaScript on edx

you can also use udemy, Lynda or get them free on torrent sites. whichever way.

BTW have a project in mind while learning. (do I want to develop an ecommerce website,
booking/reservations website etc?. This decision will help you choose the programming language you should focus on and speed up your learning process.)

Thank you very much. Actually I download some videos on html but got tired along the line while watching. But what language would u recommend for one who wants to create an ecommerce website?
Re: Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? by holuphisayor(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2018
FixNaija:

Thank you very much. Actually I download some videos on html but got tired along the line while watching. But what language would u recommend for one who wants to create an ecommerce website?
well, if you get tired on HTML I don't know what to say again grin

learn html ,
learn css(especially css selectors --will come handy later)
also learn some javascript
then php ( reason: you will find a lot of tutorials on on php projects online)

once you become comfortable in building sites with php(object oriented way)

learn php frameworks like laravel, codeigniter etc

continue javascript grin

you need tons of practice time
its not by completing projects in course videos alone.
Take a look at a random website online and try replicate it, might not be looking good at the first try. don't give up

1 Like

Re: Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming? by iqgeniusacademy: 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
You should definitely check out The IQGenius Academy for mobile and desktop. its just N1000, doesnt need internet to work and contains anything IT related you might want to learn from coding to graphic design to mobile app development. Just visit www.iqgenius.ng to get it

(1) (Reply)

E-health In Lan / Help With Construction Of Troublesome Sql Statement In Vb.net! / I Just Wrote Ranksheet Html Exam And I Got 76%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.