Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,612 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

I Just Want To Be Happy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Just Want To Be Happy (700 Views)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job / I Just Lost My Job !!! / Is My Boss Diabolic Or Am I Just Being Superstitious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Want To Be Happy by Ivmanyquestions: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
I didn't ask for too much, I just want to be happy.
I am a young Nigerian, graduated from the university with a high grade and high hopes. Served my fatherland diligently, finished service year hoping for something good not knowing what life had in stock for me.
Applied to several conpanies, but was not fortunate enough to be employed by those companies, learnt a good handwork but capital didn't come forth. Assigned to fate and then started working as a "casual staff" in one of the big companies in Lagos, the money paid per day is not even enough for the transport fare from mainland to the island. A company where the casual workers are treated like slaves, 'cos they see you as a nobody for working for such amount of money.
I cry every 4:30am I wake up for work thinking of the situation I'm in.
I just want to be happy, I'm not asking for much, I'm writing this cos I've kept it in my mind since, I'm tired of carrying this burden, I'm breaking down, I'm loosing my self esteem, I'm almost giving up but I love my mum. I am tired.
I just want to be happy.
All the sufferings in the university, I encouraged myself with the fact that it'll soon be over, this doesn't look close to being over, I am tired, I just want to be happy.
Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Papoose269(m): 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Take heart bro and please don't do anything stupid. Go out everyday with your head up high. I know so many people who have been in the same or even worse situations but today they are doing very well in life. Don't worry ok, this will be a thing of the past someday soon, don't lose hope.

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by JuliusMaximus(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
Just read through your situation and I can relate to it because I've been there. You need to be strong and keep your head up. Eventually you'll learn that life doesn't give you what you deserve but what you demand of it. Never wallow in self-pity. Get up and try again. You got through yesterday, that's a victory behind. Get up and submit that next CV, make that new friend, solve that next challenge for someone, look for somebody that knows somebody that needs your skill/services, lead that next neighborhood task, call that next prospect, take that next free course, talk to that next benefactor, book an appointment with that mentor, volunteer for that next opportunity, provide that next solution and charge a fee, develop that idea into a business, tutor that next exam candidate....whatever...just don't sit...keep moving and you'll have the next victory and eventually get your break...

The only thing you're guaranteed of in life are opportunities, but they're wrapped in all sorts of guises. Find and take them. You are the only one that can decide to be happy yourself, never let your happiness depend on anything or anyone - or you'll get terribly burnt in life. Take charge of your life and happiness.

I've also worked as a casual laborer...with a postgraduate degree - but I did it with a cheer and smile, and even with a difference. Because I knew in my heart it was temporary. I knew who I was. I knew that it was just a passing phase. It's a different story now.

Your situation won't last forever. It will change. It always does. This only makes your story more interesting. But make sure you come out of it a wiser and better person. And above all, put your trust in GOD!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Ivmanyquestions: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
Papoose269:
Take heart bro and please don't do anything stupid. Go out everyday with your head up high. I know so many people who have been in the same or even worse situations but today they are doing very well in life. Don't worry ok, this will be a thing of the past someday soon, don't lose hope.
Thank you, I really appreciate this.
I am a lady tho.
Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Ivmanyquestions: 3:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
JuliusMaximus:
Just read through your situation and I can relate to it because I've been there. You need to be strong and keep your head up. Eventually you'll learn that life doesn't give you what you deserve but what you demand of it. Never wallow in self-pity. Get up and try again. You got through yesterday, that's a victory behind. Get up and submit that next CV, make that new friend, solve that next challenge for someone, look for somebody that knows somebody that needs your skill/services, lead that next neighborhood task, call that next prospect, take that next free course, talk to that next benefactor, book an appointment with that mentor, volunteer for that next opportunity, provide that next solution and charge a fee, develop that idea into a business, tutor that next exam candidate....whatever...just don't sit...keep moving and you'll have the next victory and eventually get your break...

The only thing you're guaranteed of in life are opportunities, but they're wrapped in all sorts of guises. Find and take them. You are the only one that can decide to be happy yourself, never let your happiness depend on anything or anyone - or you'll get terribly burnt in life. Take charge of your life and happiness.

I've also worked as a casual laborer...with a postgraduate degree - but I did it with a cheer and smile, and even with a difference. Because I knew in my heart it was temporary. I knew who I was. I knew that it was just a passing phase. It's a different story now.

Your situation won't last forever. It will change. It always does. This only makes your story more interesting. But make sure you come out of it a wiser and better person. And above all, put your trust in GOD!

Cheers!
Wow Mr Julius, thank you
Thank you, God bless you
Thank you
Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Papoose269(m): 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ivmanyquestions:

Thank you, I really appreciate this.
I am a lady tho.
oops,sorry about that, I thought you were a guy. My comment still stands though. Someday you will be able to inspire someone with your story and how you made it despite all the odds. Relax yourself ok.

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by JuliusMaximus(m): 6:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ivmanyquestions:

Wow Mr Julius, thank you
Thank you, God bless you
Thank you

You're welcome. Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Ivmanyquestions: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
All I wanted was just to be happy,
I decided to take a step, my work was not giving me any joy again, I wanted to quit but I was scared. What will I eat, I'll need money, after thinking and thinking about it, I resigned.
I was so busy with some church activities that I didn't remember I had no job again.
The day the church program ended, I laid on my bed and reality dawned on me that indeed I was jobless again, I was moved to tears but my phone made a sound, it was a mail, I checked it.. .
A success mail from one of the numerous interviews I went for. Hmm I've collected my letter of employment.
He indeed has done it and I'm grateful.
Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Ivmanyquestions: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
JuliusMaximus:

You're welcome. Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.
Thank you Mr JM
Re: I Just Want To Be Happy by Ivmanyquestions: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
Papoose269:
oops,sorry about that, I thought you were a guy. My comment still stands though. Someday you will be able to inspire someone with your story and how you made it despite all the odds. Relax yourself ok.
Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Admission: Telecoms & IT Masters At The American University Of Nigeria / Financial Markets And Business Intelligence Training / End Your Financial Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.