Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet (16731 Views)

Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? / 4 Ways To Show Some Love To Your Automatic Transmission / "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by autojosh: 6:24am On Mar 15, 2018
For those that went to driving school, we learned that we use same right foot for break and accelerator.

In manual cars, the left foot is reserved for the clutch alone while in automatic cars, the left foot takes a chill pill. It does nothing. Except you want to use your foot emergency brake.

It is recommended that you use one foot for both brake and accelerator.

It is erroneous to drive your automatic car with both legs on the various pedals.

Driving with the left foot for brake and the right foot for accelerator can gradually cause damage to your car.

This is how.

When using both the feet, sometimes the driver steps on both the pedal simultaneously. As a result, more strain is put on transmission fluid, brake, and torque converter. Obviously, this would reduce the efficiency of car parts and its essential controls.

For the sake of your car durability and longevity, you were not thought to drive with both feet.

Driving with both feet is extremely dangerous during emergency maneuvers. In this situation, the driver may unknowingly step on the wrong pedal, or step on both brake and accelerator simultaneously.
In case of sudden emergency scenarios, this is what you can mistakenly do and that mistake can be fatal.

Driving with both legs is mostly practiced by novice drivers who ignorantly think they’ve discovered a better and more efficient way to drive that is better than everyone else or professional race car drivers who have mastered the art.

Tell us what you experienced when you attempted to drive your automatic transmission car with both legs on different pedals.

https://autojosh.com/this-is-why-you-should-not-drive-your-automatic-cars-with-both-feet/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by dejt4u(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2018
noted. thanks
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50am On Mar 15, 2018
kola...... grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by diportivo: 6:53am On Mar 15, 2018
those that do this shii

14 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Shedrack777: 6:54am On Mar 15, 2018
we've learned
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by xreal: 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
I have never attempted to use both legs.

I am fortunate to start driving automatic trans with one leg.

Some use the two and are cool with it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by blaise00700(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Thanks OP
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by nepapole(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Some pipl jus like to make things hard for themselves .

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by splmosixx(m): 7:00am On Mar 15, 2018
K
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by PEPPERified: 7:01am On Mar 15, 2018
Rubbish!

OP have you ever driven any car that does break and quench?
If you no sabi drive, you no sabi drive no two ways.

13 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by polite2(m): 7:02am On Mar 15, 2018
Shedrack777:
we've learned
���
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by dominique(f): 7:03am On Mar 15, 2018
I've used booth legs before in traffic, had to give my right leg a break

13 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by arma: 7:03am On Mar 15, 2018
HOW ABOUT DRIVING WITH SHOES ON?
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by hokafor(m): 7:04am On Mar 15, 2018
Who is posting this crap. U cannot drive an automatic vehicle comfortably without both feet

14 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Soulsymbol99: 7:04am On Mar 15, 2018
Have a brother that drives like dat grin said he couldn't stop even if he tried. I advised him to buy a rope, tie to the door and his left leg till he gets used 2 it grin abi na bad idea? undecided

36 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by peacettw: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2018
When I learnt how to drive, I was taught to use both feet.
My dad on wanting to see my new skills asked that I take him for a ride around our neighbourhood. He found out that I was struggling with the two feet rule and taught me to use one foot instead. His reason was that when an emergency arises on the road, my reflexes will be quicker and more accurate if using one foot rather than the two. 10 years later, I can only say that he was damn right.

**Just read the op's write up and it confirms exactly what my father had told me.

31 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by xamuel17(m): 7:05am On Mar 15, 2018
Automatic is awesome, driving a manual is so brain draining

9 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by cross8701: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2018
Are there actually people who drive with both feet

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by godofuck231: 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
Contrary to all these, it is advised to do so when driving within town, it's safer and quicker when braking hard is needed quick especially with kids crossing at random, mind you automatic transmission were built for amputees and cripples, and such brake grinding mistakes are seen as possible one leg driving will favour amputees but in cases where brakes are being grinded, a clutch switch intervenes in releasing the tension, it's being perfected till date, so who's the learner lol

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by eepris88: 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
go driving school d no wan go, now d re driving automatic with both leg lol.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Adeevah(m): 7:06am On Mar 15, 2018
I use the 2legs when driving and I have tried severally to adjust but to no avail...
But steping on the 2pedals at a time is what I don't do, the clearance is always there

13 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by nikz(f): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2018
hokafor:
Who is posting this crap. U cannot drive automatic vehicle with both feets.
I tire oh!
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by ttshems(m): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2018
xamuel17:
Automatic is awesome, driving a manual is so brain draining

But Manual is were the fun is

8 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 15, 2018
Lol.... I don't think people use both leg for automatic though. Unless women

Ice never seen and I've not tried it before
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Jabioro: 7:14am On Mar 15, 2018
PEPPERified:
Rubbish!

OP have you ever driven any car that does break and quench? If you no sabi drive, you no sabi drive no two ways.
You are wrong
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by justi4jesu(f): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Wondering who would drive with both legs angry

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by jaxxy(m): 7:20am On Mar 15, 2018
Most people transitioning from manual to auto hv dat issue

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 15, 2018
This is wat happens when every tom dik and harry wan blog

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Angelawhite(m): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2018
I'm very guilty of this. Drove manual for 7 years before trying automatic. Still drive manual though. So each time I drive automatic, I reflexively use both legs

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by nairalanduseles: 7:25am On Mar 15, 2018
stupid post u can never drive automatic with two feet it wont work.....
its like saying driving a manual with one foot.
just shows how naive nairalanders are..
naira land useles

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by donbenie(m): 7:25am On Mar 15, 2018
PEPPERified:
Rubbish!

OP have you ever driven any car that does break and quench?
If you no sabi drive, you no sabi drive no two ways.
If your car is doing drive and quench the right would be to get it fixed,not to be advocating dangerous manouvers that can get one killed..what does driving dangerously with two legs get to do with who sabi nor who no sabi drive?
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by EagleScribes: 7:25am On Mar 15, 2018
Why should I use two legs in an automatic car in the first place? It's much easier to use one leg naw.

I guess manual car drivers would need three legs then

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over Speeding Is The Major Cause Of Accidents In Nigeria? / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / How Did You Learn How To Drive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.