Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois (642 Views)

Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training / Cristiano Ronaldo And Lionel Messi Will Not Win Ballon D'or - Kylian Mbappe / Argentina coach, Sampaoli Reveals What Messi Will Do Against Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by Segzee1(m): 11:02am On Mar 15, 2018
I didn't Know Messi will Shoot from there- Courtois

Following last night Champions League defeat, Chelsea goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois has reacted to Messi's two goals against the Blues.

Courtois said that he didn't know that Messi would shoot from where he shoots and he was a bit late to close his legs, Courtois admitted his mistake

Lionel Messi’s two goals were through Courtois' legs as he also gave a superb assist to Dembele for another.

Thibaut Courtois honestly held his hands up last night after his horror show sparked Chelsea’s downfall at the Nou Camp last night.

Courtois said having played against Messi on several occasions he (Messi) already knew his weak point. He explained that putting the ball in between his legs was the weakest part of him because of his height.

Speaking after the match Courtois said,

“I don’t think we deserve to be out but individual mistakes made the difference. “I didn’t think Messi would shoot from there and I was a bit late to close my legs so that’s my mistake.

“We had chances, hit the crossbar, it was mostly our individual mistakes that cost us. “I’ve played against him a lot of times and already conceded goals through my legs from him. “That’s maybe the weakest part of me because of my height. You have to be a man and admit you make mistakes.”

Also, Chelsea defender Marcos Alonso reacted to the defeat, as he said, “I dunno, they have Messi (sic) and I think maybe they were the better team even though I think we showed we compete well in both teams. “If we concede these easy goals, it’s difficult against this team.

“We knew they have top players, we knew we could not give them one metre or they will score. I think we’re unlucky with the first two goals, we hit the post three times over both games. They were the better team but we were unlucky.”

Barcelona defeated Chelsea on Wednesday night at Nou Camp with 3-0 as Chelsea crashed out of the Champions League losing 4-1 on aggregate after the first leg ended 1-1 at the Stamford Bridge.

https://dailyfamily.ng/didnt-know-messi-will-shoot-courtois-reacts-messi-goals/

Re: I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by Segzee1(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2018
grin
Re: I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by Jaguntemmy(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2018
YOU DEY WAIT MAKE HIM SEND YOU I.V BEFORE HIM SHOOT
Re: I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by MJBOLT: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2018
chelsea fans be like grin

Re: I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by Pierohandsome: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2018
Tortoise or what is his name is the worst goal keeper in the world. He dashed barca that game. Chelsea deserve to qualify , they were better technically,bt for a useless keeper they lost.
Re: I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by Khd95(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
he was just opening legs like olo.sho
Re: I Didn't Know Messi Will Shoot From There- Courtois by Opentokwowledge: 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
Lmao at "show of horror" grin grin

But more seriously, those two goals are real opio,later known as o bo pata e (he remove his pant)Or o ye eyin (he lay eggs).Courtois just dey lay eggs anyhow ni when it should be one per day cheesy grin

Next time Messi and Courtois meet, he'll be like

(1) (Reply)

2019: Why I Want To Be President – Nwankwo Kanu / Pique Told Valverde To Change His Tactics / Iniesta To Make Decision On His Future Public ‘this Week’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.