Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Forget Daily Writing Habits And Try This Instead By Chad Magee - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Forget Daily Writing Habits And Try This Instead By Chad Magee (351 Views)

Survey For Eagle Creed: Understanding The Gaming Habits And Preferences Of Niger / Bad Money Habits And How To Break Them / Forget Sentiments NO Nigerian Is More Qualified Than Tony Blair's Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forget Daily Writing Habits And Try This Instead By Chad Magee by TheReadyWriters: 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
Each day I wake up and have a cup of coffee while I read the news and check my email (articles about early morning email be damned!).

Inevitably, I end up reading the Medium newsletter — curated just for me!

In the newsletter, I find articles about setting goals and building habits, most of which rotate between the same few topics and tactics. One of the most common writing topics I see is creating a daily writing habit.

Articles on this topic explain why it’s important, how it’s made that person successful, and how to create this habit for yourself.

But, why not take a different approach?

Sure, a daily writing habit helps and obviously worked for that person, but, you’re not that person.

You probably spend eight hours a day, five days a week, at job and are trying to get this writing thing started on the side. You still want to do things with family and friends. You still want to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix, so you’re not left out of the water cooler discussion.

So, I propose that you DON’T create a daily writing habit. At least, not right now.

Read more at: http://www.thereadywriters.net/forget-daily-writing-habits-try-instead/

(1) (Reply)

It’s World Make Up Your Own Holiday Day: What Holiday Would You Wish To Have? / We Need A Contract Initiator / Aproko Business Is A Great Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.