Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,273 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Omg - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omg (14838 Views)

OMG …. Meet The Old Man Who Has Kept His Hand Up For 59 Years See What He Said / OMG!! Naked Couple Fall To Their Death From A Balcony While Having S*x (photo) / OMG My Junior Sister Just Beat Up My Mom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omg by Mophasa(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omg by Mophasa(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
I need advice and suggestions [color=#990000][/color] cry

Note: we already had a cordial relationship and always in touch almost on daily basis!

Was already seeing him as a father figure before I even asked for favors.

It would have been simple to say he can't help rather than calling me a fraudster!

Wish I could publish our conversations.
Its not about not wanting to help that pissed me, its the reaction! Like asking for favors is fraudulent??

Yes I asked for favors and don't regret it because I needed assistance!

Been done with Nysc since last year and still jobless! Blogging and social media is my meal ticket!

I sight all dem hypocrite's! Una wehdone!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omg by cchiagom(f): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
Personally I don't see anything wrong in you asking for some favour from him, maybe you thought that you've built a relationship with them but they don't see it that way so the best is to respect their decision and move forward

57 Likes

Re: Omg by Mophasa(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
cchiagom:
Personally I don't see anything wrong in you asking for some favour from him, maybe you thought that you've built a relationship with them but they don't see it that way so the best is to respect their decision and move forward

Thanks, got u

8 Likes

Re: Omg by Mophasa(m): 4:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Lalasticlala cry
Re: Omg by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
"Actions are according to intentions, and everyone will get what was intended."- The Prophet ( sallalahu alayhi was Salam)

Your sole purpose of helping them is because you hoped to be rewarded, not out of Goodwill but because you hoped to gain some monetary value of some sort?
So if you had foreseen you wouldn't be rewarded, you wouldn't have helped right?

So if you met neither the lady nor the man, who would you have contacted for money? The beggar you gave money last week?
You claim to have subscribed to broadcast the message on social media, because you require 3gb to open nairaland and an extra 2gb to create a thread right?
So you subscribed again to create this thread? So who'll reimburse you for this subscription?
You say you're seeking advice, advice on what exactly, that you should trace their house and scatter the place? Or you need us to patronize you and say "oh you're a good man" "may God reward you", if that's what you were expecting, I am not that sort of person, and seriously, God can't reward you based on what I stated in the first paragraph, this is because all your actions reeks of insincerity. So wouldn't it have paid you to have done all that whilst expecting your reward from God?
Well, if you are very good at finding and reuniting people, it's not too late to start a career in private investigation, and you would surely be paid and have a proud job you can call yours. And in cases like this one, it would just be a matter of "service not paid for".
But if everyone expected something for every good thing they've done to you, trust me, there'll be nothing on your plate

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Omg by uboma(m): 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
@ Mophasa,

The man does not owe you a penny.

And he's not obligated to grant your favours.

The joys of playing a role in the reunion of father and daughter is enough reward for you.

And by the way, take down the pictures of the man and his daughter.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omg by Mophasa(m): 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
Tadeknkeepcalm:
"Actions are according to intentions, and everyone will get what was intended."- The Prophet ( sallalahu alayhi was Salam)

Your sole purpose of helping them is because you hoped to be rewarded, not out of Goodwill but because you hoped to gain some monetary value of some sort?
So if you had foreseen you wouldn't be rewarded, you wouldn't have helped right?

So if you met neither the lady nor the man, who would you have contacted for money? The beggar you gave money last week?
You claim to have subscribed to broadcast the message on social media, because you require 3gb to open nairaland and an extra 2gb to create a thread right?
So you subscribed again to create this thread? So who'll reimburse you for this subscription?
You say you're seeking advice, advice on what exactly, that you should trace their house and scatter the place? Or you need us to patronize you and say "oh you're a good man" "may God reward you", if that's what you were expecting, I am not that sort of person, and seriously, God can't reward you based on what I stated in the first paragraph, this is because all your actions reeks of insincerity. So wouldn't it have paid you to have done all that whilst expecting your reward from God?
Well, if you are very good at finding and reuniting people, it's not too late to start a career in private investigation, and you would surely be paid and have a proud job you can call yours. And in cases like this one, it would just be a matter of "service not paid for".
But if everyone expected something for every good thing they've done to you, trust me, there'll be nothing on your plate

Its not about the money, they now see me as a fraudster and even called me such,

It's about My reputation!

People ask for help even from random people they don't know and they are obliged!

I wasn't expecting nothing from the start,I was jux been human.

I help people I don't even know.
I know they not owing me shit,my reward is from God!

U don't even know what ur talking about so I will forgive u for ur ignorance.

Am not going to look for no one, am not that cheap.

Only wanted to knw if it was wrong to ask? And if asking for favors is now a crime in this country!

Note; I already moved on and not expecting anything from them again.

Am not disappointed because i know they owe me nothing,am only shocked at their actions!

How about saying I don't have money, instead of labeling me a fraudulent person.

In due time I will publish our conversations so people like u will know better.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omg by Mophasa(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
uboma:
@ Mophasa,

The joys of playing a role in the reunion of father and daughter is enough reward for you.

undecided
Re: Omg by HopeAlive14(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sometimes it's best to render help without expecting any favour in return.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omg by DIKEnaWAR: 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
So are you a professional "uniter"? . If so state your fee before setting to work.

TF people and their sense of entitlement. You are a fraudster and the man gave you the right treatment.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omg by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Mophasa:
I did a story on my blog last year about a girl looking for her father whom she doesn't know
Check
https://viewsnaija..com.ng/2017/08/young-nigerian-looking-for-her-dad.html

Last month the man got to see the story and contacted me, cut story short, father and daughter were reunited.

Was expecting a little pecks from the man but nothing came, so I requested a little favor yesterday because I needed Cash to travel for a burial this weekend.

To my dismay after he asked me to send my Bank details and l did, i was ecpecting a bank alert when he later sent another message saying he can't help because he feels am trying to scam him. Like wtf??

I thought it was a joke but right now both him and the girl has blocked me from contacting them!

Words can't describe my current painment!!

Am still sourcing for alternative to fund my journey to the burial tomorrow!

Note! I met the young Lady in church during my service year and she never believed she could ever meet the man again.

*Am from the south south while they come from the south west

*I never asked for a gratitude despite the gravity of the work I did

*I was duped by several persons I met on social media who always claimed to knw the man, even some persons here on Nl tried to take advantage

*I used my meagre allawee to buy sub ,promote and sponsor the story on various online platforms

*I have never received anything from the man since he reunited with his daughter, all I got was a "Thank u

Please did I commit any crime by asking for assistance from a man that owes me a big gratitude?

Next time always say ahead there is a fee for the service you rendered. You should not have asked for favour. You should have asked for a fee because you deserve it. You place yourself in a disadvantage by not being bold enough to clearly say you deserve to be paid. Dont work for grattitude. that is why i love American capitalism. No pretence. every service deserves payment. Even pastors dont work for free. why should you be working for free? America is one of the few country were waiters ask for tips like is thier right enshrined in the constitution! No pretence.

Every talent should provide you a pay check.
The british man who discovered internet did it for free. Today nobody remember his name.
Mark zuckerberg only used the internet to create ordinary facebook, today he is a billionaire and known world wide.
The world dont remember those who work for free.

In summary, the man owe you nothing because you never told him you deserve being paid. Nobody respect a beggar. The world only respect those who put price tag for thier service. That is why the richer a pastor become, the more "annointed" he is perceived and the higher the offerings and gifts he get and also the more he order people around to give.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omg by Lexusgs430: 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Such is life......
Re: Omg by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
You were wrong. You were taking advantage of him because you felt you helped him and he cannot refuse. You connected him to his daughter does not make him your ATM. You did a good thing, wait for God's reward and stop trying to take advantage of the man

Mophasa:
I did a story on my blog last year about a girl looking for her father whom she doesn't know
Check
https://viewsnaija..com.ng/2017/08/young-nigerian-looking-for-her-dad.html

Last month the man got to see the story and contacted me, cut story short, father and daughter were reunited.

Was expecting a little pecks from the man but nothing came, so I requested a little favor yesterday because I needed Cash to travel for a burial this weekend.

To my dismay after he asked me to send my Bank details and l did, i was ecpecting a bank alert when he later sent another message saying he can't help because he feels am trying to scam him. Like wtf??

I thought it was a joke but right now both him and the girl has blocked me from contacting them!

Words can't describe my current painment!!

Am still sourcing for alternative to fund my journey to the burial tomorrow!

Note! I met the young Lady in church during my service year and she never believed she could ever meet the man again.

*Am from the south south while they come from the south west

*I never asked for a gratitude despite the gravity of the work I did

*I was duped by several persons I met on social media who always claimed to knw the man, even some persons here on Nl tried to take advantage

*I used my meagre allawee to buy sub ,promote and sponsor the story on various online platforms

*I have never received anything from the man since he reunited with his daughter, all I got was a "Thank u

Please did I commit any crime by asking for assistance from a man that owes me a big gratitude?

10 Likes

Re: Omg by moscobabs(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
Re: Omg by tlops(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
My friend go sit down somewhere. I don’t think they owe you more than thank you. If the man or his daughter like they can give you money but it is not obligatory. So go look for tee-fare somewhere else.

6 Likes

Re: Omg by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
Some people are shameless.

How did you take open your mouth to ask for favour.

It's an abuse of privilege and I equa hated it.

The way you even wrote the epistle already said much about your intention. Why them? Why not another person?

You asked them for favour because I thought you helped them.

The traffic your yeye blog generates, are you gonna share from the proceedings? Did they give your blog free advertisement?

You be thief

If only Pogba could let me go, I go beat you die for there!

20 Likes

Re: Omg by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
Lol. Spoke my mind.
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Re: Omg by Akwasi(m): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
Mophasa:

Its not about the money, they now see me as a fraudster and even called me such,

It's about My reputation!

People ask for help even from random people they don't know and they are obliged!

I wasn't expecting nothing from the start,I was jux been human.

I help people I don't even know.
I know they not owing me shit,my reward is from God!

U don't even know what ur talking about so I will forgive u for ur ignorance.

Am not going to look for no one, am not that cheap.

Only wanted to knw if it was wrong to ask? And if asking for favors is now a crime in this country!

Note; I already moved on and not expecting anything from them again.

Am not disappointed because i know they owe me nothing,am only shocked at their actions!

How about saying I don't have money, instead of labeling me a fraudulent person.

In due time I will publish our conversations so people like u will know better.

I am disappointed in you OP. were you trying to take advantage of the situation? what you succeeded in doing was cheapen yourself in front of the father and daughter. your request for money was very bad

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omg by Liftedhands(f): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
angryoga mophasa in other not to be insultive let me just keep it simple.

A blackmailer should be added to that fraudster they already called you.

19 Likes

Re: Omg by idu1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
Why do you beg them for money? You no sabi respect yourself ?

7 Likes

Re: Omg by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
Another person with good thinking faculty. Thank you.

uboma:
@ Mophasa,

3 Likes

Re: Omg by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
He is really not obligated to help you. Just as you claimed you did it purely for altruistic motive. Accept their gratitude and move on.

4 Likes

Re: Omg by rhames(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
HopeAlive14:
Sometimes it's best to render help without expecting any favour in return.

This is the best answer to the question. Let God Reward you not humans. Humans most times will fail you.

3 Likes

Re: Omg by DWJOBScom(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
is this dude justifying a beg exercise?

5 Likes

Re: Omg by emerged01(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
See question!! common sense is not common o!

3 Likes

Re: Omg by Mophasa(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
SLIDEwaxie:
Some people are shameless.

How did you take open your mouth to ask for favour.

It's an abuse of privilege and I equa hated it.

The way you even wrote the epistle already said much about your intention. Why them? Why not another person?

You asked them for favour because I thought you helped them.

The traffic your yeye blog generates, are you gonna share from the proceedings? Did they give your blog free advertisement?

You be thief

If only Pogba could let me go, I go beat you die for there!

Funny, its unfortunate I don't argue with kids
Re: Omg by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
It’s so sad that people don’t do kind deeds these days and walk away.

If it were a business contract, maybe you should have told the lady your fees and how soon she’ll get results before you posted the article.

But my guess is, you heard her story, were moved to post, and didn’t in your wildest dream ever think it’ll work.

That the man saw the post and contacted you was by chance and not your doing so I don’t expect you to take credit for it.

That you posted this complaint, making man and daughter look like ingrates has disqualified your act of kindness.

How long have you known them that you should be bold enough to ask for money and be upset that they didn’t give?

You should have walked away after both reunited cos that’s what heroes do.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omg by frank317: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
Tadeknkeepcalm:

U want him to do it and expect reward from God. So whats the difference with that and expecting reward from man. Will God come down and give him the reward or will he still use man to reward him?

Op the mistake u made was doing it for free. U would have charged him or her or at least make them pay for the process.

Did the girl pay u in kind? U can take that and move on.

What do u expect from a man who rejected his daugther years ago... he will reject unknown persons too and probably his daugther inherited the trait.

Life is give and take... if u want to help helpless people u can decide to do it for free and get ur mind off getting reward either from man or any God. But if u want to help people who are ok.... or better than u... CHARGE THEM, What ever u get from using ur gift is God rewarding u.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe / ♥ 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother ♥ / Original Men Clothing And Accessories Lowest Wholesale Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.