Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,068 members, 7,814,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

A Political Story From Rivers State University 2016 SUG Election. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Political Story From Rivers State University 2016 SUG Election. (480 Views)

“he Not Only Took My Virginity, But My Life Too” (story From A Poor Girl) / Story:from Grass To Grace / The Mysterious Girl(a Love Story From Epiphanus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Political Story From Rivers State University 2016 SUG Election. by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
Three students were throwing one another tantrums after eating five packs of stolen noodles with their fourth roommate in the hostel. They did not know that it was stolen. Nathan had arrived earlier with the noodles and prepared it with the one and only annie sardine in Achor’s cupboard. After six long hours of short-spaced lectures, they ate the meal without asking again why and how Nathan appears into the room with nice things all the time. Nathan’s best colours were yellow, black and dark blue. After the meal, Achor suggested that they sit in one open bar a little outside the school for an open discourse. He loved engaging in the issues of the nation. Nathan did not follow; he dozed off sprawling on a plastic chair.
Achor said, “I cannot bring myself to say that there is a perfect country made of utopia but isn’t our country now the worst and how can crimes subside when 99.9 percent of the youths are unemployed.”

“99.9 percent of the youths are not unemployed. My two elder brothers work in Agip and my sister is a banker. Go find work you go see.” Pedro countered.

“And where does your father work?” That was Chinedu.

“Agip, he works in Agip.” Answered Pedro tersely.

Achor and Chinedu laughed to his face in unison.

“You are really a pikin Pedro. Can you not see that it is connection that is holding your family?” Achor said and laughed more with Chinedu.

The bar was airy and free of humans but for two men sitting away from them and few bartenders. Unknown to them, the two men worked in the Information and Communication Technology centre in their school yet they said everything loud and guffawed nonchalantly.

“Election is tomorrow Achor, why are you not killing yourself over how to get votes abi you no wan become SUG president again?” Pedro digressed.

“No matter how men and women work hard in this life, our creator will always determine what happens because this life belongs to the only creator up there. I have done my campaign and voiced great manifestoes that I am sure that I will uphold what else? This country is too corrupt for innocent souls like me o. Even our Information and Communication Technology centre is too corrupt, you will see that they will let my fellow candidates that are corrupt rig the election tomorrow and hack students’ pages. The ICT centre is meant to help us but they are also diluted. Almost everybody and everything is so corrupt. We should be flogging corruption in this country. As young students reading American books we should be flogging corruption in this country but what is happening now? Only God can save us”

“Achor most times you sound too religious that it makes me wonder what part of your brain is left for these politics and corrupt leaders that you discuss so well.” Chinedu replied.

Achor smiled, “The brain is not divided, it is just one but it pads towards every issue. Think of this life and understand that it is not ours so we can never control it, we just try but the only part we should try harder is with choosing a girlfriend, I mean wife.” They laughed again.

“Because the wife is now your life abi?” Chinedu asked.

“Yes na. So better work on that your useless girlfriend that prefers to spend the night in our room instead of waiting till you get your own room so that the two of you can do it.” Pedro said and laughed with Achor. Chinedu became furious.

“Guy just stop am o. What is your business? If you are jealous go and get a better girl that will not cheat on you with the current SUG president. Idiot.”

Pedro became furious too. “Guy take am. Waka there! If I no tell you, you for know? You and your girlfriend will be disturbing our sleep in the night banging up and down.”

“It is true o Chinedu, can’t you two wait till marriage? Even Nathan and his own fat girlfriend. Una sabi disturb our own manhood for night, virgin boy like me” Achor added, it got them more laughter.

“Achor just shut up there, Shebi you are dying for that girl, that girl also contesting as SUG president what is that her name?” Chinedu asked.

“Chioma Ejike” Achor answered smiling.

“Ehem Chioma Ejike you even cram her surname lover boy. You go old before that girl go accept you as you short like this, no swag, shirt and material trouser. Taaah!”

The night seemed blocked and wicked to have always preceded great days. Achor would have loved to go to his pastor for prayers but he was not in support of most pastors blowing air to peoples’ faces while praying for them. He could not sleep; it was time again to think of three figures in his life. His past. Wobodo his elder brother belonged to a God-forsaken cult group that prompted an opposite group to burn down their house at home two months ago during a clash. His mother and younger brother lived with their slovenly uncle as helps. His 16-year-old sister had gotten pregnant and delivered a girl for a boy his own age. She lived with him and grew thinner daily. He had gotten admitted into the University to study Management and made it to 200 level through his mother’s hard work in different farms all over the village.

His present. He made his grade points up to 4.5 and decided with all boldness to run for SUG president as the only candidate from Management department in Management faculty. Chioma Ejike a girl he often see around school made him more proud of her when he saw her poster as an only girl contesting for SUG president from Law faculty. Her poster is elegant and large. His is small and quiet like his own footsteps. During their campaign week, Chioma passing by with an empty bucket in hand told him that water wasn’t running in her hostel that morning. He told her to go back, that he will fetch her water only to return to her hostel pretty soon with five Aboki pushing in five heavy loaded trucks of water that got the girls praising him and promising to vote for him. Chioma said thanks and rushed away with her own water. He could tell that she was infuriated by his own campaigning package after getting hints from her.

His future. He will become the SUG president elect tomorrow by any means and will gladly reduce the students’ levy that the outgoing SUG president had increased from 500 naira to 1500 right back to 500 naira. His win will set standards for his next political mints and one day, he will not only build his mother a home, he will shock his impoverished ancestors.

Pedro, Chinedu and most of his coursemates surrounded him in a classroom in their faculty as the online votes commenced. Till 6pm that day, the winner is just a yet. Nathan was using more of coercion to ignite some students around to vote. Achor shook his head to that dirtiest part of politics and wondered if Chioma will ever make it to the top soon. She had the lowest votes and was number ten on the SUG presidential vote pole. At noon, three candidates got ahead of Achor and Chioma’s increasing votes danced below his. Two hours to the deadline, the first candidate was running on 2100 votes, the second 2000 votes, Chioma 1904 votes and Achor 1500 votes. Achor’s eyes began to itch him. Two hours later,....

See source;
http://egbechofaith.com/flogging-corruption-new-story-yourlibraryforreals/

(1) (Reply)

Don't Live Like A King For A Little Bit, Live Like A Prince Forever / Are You A Writer? Make Money From Your Skill / 365 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.