Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Death After Birth - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Death After Birth (1037 Views)

Death After Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 7:57am On Mar 16, 2018
sorry guys, I haven't been active for a long time now.. but I'm back..
broken heart with be completed soon. but meanwhile let's enjoy this one coming your way.. it's titled "DEATH AFTER BIRTH".
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 8:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Death after birth

Frank was sitting in his one room apartment thinking and crying. "so things could turn around easily". He thought to himself.  Frank the big boy, ladies daddy haS now become a shadow of himself. No ladies to hang around with, no cigarettes to smoke and no alcohols go drink. Could life be so cruel? He said aloud. 

He was lost in his thoughts that he didn't Even notice when Mike his best friend walked in. "Mad man wassup?" Mike said 

Frank jumped back to his senses. He was having this feelings that Mike knew something about his Downfall. 

How come Mike got a job overnight? Mike that couldn't get himself a boxer without me contributing. Frank thought to himself. 

"Common man, listen You're gonna overcome all this. Let's just say God destined this" Mike Consoled him.. 

"Get out of my house you stupid betrayal" Frank shouted. 
"I've given you everything you ever wanted right from the day we met but you choose to go behind and stole everything I works for". Frank said angrily.
"Have you forgotten how you lavish money recklessly on women? have you forgotten how many times I tried to advise you but you just think I want Money and you shut me out?" Mike asked his friend.
He moved closer and whispered to his ears"bro put your pride away and let's think of how you're gonna start again. I'll be leaving for California soon and won't be staying in Nigeria for now".Mike said.
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 8:30am On Mar 16, 2018
"And so what do you want me to do? u done start weeping because you won't be staying in Nigeria again!you know I can't do that"Frank said mockingly.
Mike dropped the back he was carrying and left the house. Frank was surprised and so he carefully opened the back and what he saw shocked him.. he took the envelope and opened it.
"Mad man!!yes. you know I'll never stop calling you that, when I discovered that you're company was at no longer as it was, I had go gather all my savings both from the ones you have to me. now here is ten million naira take it and start up something good. I've got a fight to catch and Bro thank God you've learnt your lesson".
After reading this Frank fell on his kneels and cried like a baby.he was so mad at himself for calling his best friend a betrayal and he took his phone immediately and sent him a text..

Now let me tell you a little about this two fellows.
Frank Bankole is/was the only son of late Chief Ayo Bankole, his mum died immediately after his birth. this made him the only child of Chief Ayo Bankole.
When Frank was 15 years of age,his father decided to take a new wife although Frank declined because he doesn't want his dad to get married again but he couldn't stop him.
Frank and Mike got to know each other in the university.
they share almost similar family background but what made Mike's case different was that his dad was murdered and out of selfishness and greed, his dad's family chased his mother out and the mum dumped him.
few years after the marriage between Frank's dad and his new wife, he died and his new wife was no where to be found.
that was how Frank took over some of the companies his dad left behind.
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 8:33am On Mar 16, 2018
EvaJael Hadampson Gracile Ikombe Jane1234f Queenitee Akinwale14 Alexbabybird and others..please o you guys should come..
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 8:44am On Mar 16, 2018
Nice wan. Following

1 Like

Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2018
skubido:
Nice wan. Following
thanks bro.. more coming
Re: Death After Birth by queenitee(f): 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2018
Peterkeys6:
EvaJael
Hadampson
Gracile
Ikombe
Jane1234f
Queenitee
Akinwale14
Alexbabybird and others..please o you guys should come..
Here o, thank you
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2018
Peterkeys6:
thanks bro.. more coming

no qualm
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2018
BACK TO PRESENT
"ma, I got an information that his best friend Mike has been the one supporting his business".Angel said.
"Then we'll have to cut off that support because no one can stand on my path. "Mrs Stella replied smiling sheepishly.
"But ma, we can't just do that.i heard he's based in California now".Angel said
"okay. I know exactly what to do." Mrs Stella replied.
Mrs Stella is an influential woman and has vowed to wipe out anything related to Ayo Bankole while Angel was frank's secretary before his downfall.

He held his phone close to his eyes Asif he wants to get something from it and then suddenly, he bumped into a young pretty lady that was doing same.
The lady started apologising before Mike could even say a word.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching my path" the lady said.
"No no I was at fault and I'm very sorry about that" Mike apologised.
The lady told him goodbye and left.
Mike was surprised at himself. he's the very shy type and yet he spoke to this lady without feeling a bit of shyness. "it could be that I'm ready for marriage" he laughed and left the place.
later that day, Frank called Mike and they did their normal hailing. Mike told Frank that he was getting mature and told him how he bumped into a pretty lady today but wasn't even shy.
"Mad boy, I'm suspecting you o"Frank teased and they laughed over it.

"I want you to get in touch with this young man Mike Olu. I just discovered that the both you are working same organization. I'll send you his picture now." That was Mrs Stella speaking with one of her secret agent.
Mike was on his way to office when he noticed a car following him behind. and then he wasn't afraid to confront them.. he stopped his car and and immediately he got down, the trigger was fired.

More coming.....
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
Oya ooo
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
"Noooooooo!! what are you guys trying to do?? "
that was the voice of the lady Mike saw earlier today. she came and collected the gun from the guys but unfortunately, another lady came out pointing a gun at the first lady. now the both of them where pointing a gun at each other. and bammm!!! they shot each other.
Mike woke up with a terrible headache, he couldn't explain what the dream was all about. he just prayed and when he checked his clock, it was already 6:30am. he hurriedly got prepared for work. he was to meet have a meeting with his HOD department whom he has always heard of but haven't met her since he started working there. she went for her annual leave and she will be resuming today and needs to meet with everybody working under her.
Mike got set and before 7:30am he was already on his way to the office. the meeting has been scheduled for 8:00am and so he'll have little time for himself when he gets there.

8:30am
Everyone seated and waiting for the head of department to come in.
"Wow!! she's the cutest person I've seen in the whole of my life,I've seen her before but didn't have much time to spend with her".Mike thought to himself.
Miss Treasure Stephen walked into the board room shining in her glory. she was damn pretty in her fitted suit and kneel length skirt.
"Sorry for keeping you all waiting. well now let's get to business. I heard we got a new person in the department and from what I've heard so far, he's doing well. Mr Mike Olu please stand up". she said calmly.
Mike stood up and introduced himself formally.
lot of things were discussed and the meeting was brought to a close at exactly 10:00am.
Everyone returned to their respective offices but Mike was disappointed because he wanted meeting her personally. Though he was happy he has gotten to see the popular and Mighty Miss Treasure who has been a major back bone of the company..
he needs to ask her questions on how she came to a foreign land and acquired so much power and authority.
A knock on the door was what brought Mike back from his thoughts.
"Sir, the HOD wants to see you in her office now".His secretary said.
"Alright"He replied her.
he wasn't prepared to meet her yet. he's whole thoughts about meeting her disappeared. He became nervous instantly but still had to go.
He knocked and opened the door.
"sit down " was just what came out of her mouth.
"When I saw your name,i knew you were a Nigerian and as a fellow Nigerian, I saw nothing wrong in having a little chat with my brother. "she said smiling..
Mike couldn't hide the joy he was feeling.
They talked about so many things but didn't have much time to talk about their family back ground.
"Work was fun today bro"Mike said to the caller at the other end which happened to be Frank.
he told Frank everything and Frank was pleased.

2 Likes

Re: Death After Birth by Akinwale14(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
Peterkeys6:
EvaJael Hadampson Gracile Ikombe Jane1234f Queenitee Akinwale14 Alexbabybird and others..please o you guys should come..
Thanks
Re: Death After Birth by queenitee(f): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 1:53am On Apr 04, 2018
Mike was in his office working on some documents when his secretary walked in informing him that the deputy HOD wants to see him. he told his secretary to let her in.
She walked in,in all her glory looking so beautiful and bright.
"Good morning ma, please have a sit".Mike told her.
"Thank you"Was her simple reply.
"You already know me I guess. I'm Cynthia the deputy HOD and I've heard so much of your inputs since you came and I must commend you for that"She said she smiled brightly.
"Thank you ma, I'm humbled and I promise to do more "Mike replied her.
She stood up and was about leaving but stopped.
"I'm Cynthia and not ma and I must confess, you're cute too"She said and walked out..
Mike was just smiling and grateful that he found Favor before his superiors.

Cynthia was sitting on her official chair and smiling to herself'Treasure can't just get this one. It's impossible"She thought and smiled to herself.
"Mad man, I guess I'm in for much trouble here" Mike told Frank and Frank advised him to be careful especially with such rich and influential ladies. they could be difficult and dangerous at times.
Mike decided to yield to his friend's advise and take everyone in the office official and nothing attached before he would probably end up in jail or big trouble. He thanked God for Frank's business and how he finally changed from the careless Frank to a more mature personality.

After the briefing at the office that morning,everyone began working. Treasure was really thinking about something she couldn't pin point when someone knocked gently on her door.
"Come in"she answered..
standing before her is Mike, the one who has gotten her emotional and in love since she met him, not minding the fact that he's a worker under her.
"Good morning ma"Mike greeted and sat down on a chair as directed by Treasure's hand.
"what's this man doing to me"Treasure thought to herself. She will just have to control her emotions here before it disgraces her.
"Can you stop this ma stuff, it makes me look old".Treasure told him with a straight face.
"Alright ma.. Opps Miss Treasure"Mike corrected himself.
He looked at her for some seconds before asking her if she was alright.
"Pardon"Treasure said trying to look normal.
Mike gave a light laugh and told her she could relate anything to him stubs she's not just her boss but they're from same place and she's still very young. Treasure just sighed and told him she was just worried about something she don't know.
Mike was beginning to let emotions come in. he knew from the first day that he has something for his boss but can't just place his finger on it.
"Hey, it happens like that at times so you just have to cheer up and don't let anything weigh you down..
Treasure smiled and wished she could just get a hug from him.
The door swung open that moment.
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 1:57am On Apr 04, 2018
queenitee:
Hmmm
I'm sorry plsssssssss forgive me
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 2:37am On Apr 04, 2018
Cynthia walked in, smiled and sat down close to Mike.
Cynthia wasn't just Treasure's deputy but also her best friend.
in the office,they talked about so many things and Mike also made them laugh. after Mike and Cynthia left the office, Treasure discovered that she was really in love with this guy but she doesn't know if she's right or not about it.
Mike was convinced with the answer he got from both ladies about getting to such a high position in the company and also got to know that the two ladies have been best friends for so long.
"You'll have to carry this assignment out in less than two weeks. I hope you understand?".That was Mrs Stella. the called ended.
"But Mike is not working in the same company with me. although I've gotten everything I need to know about him but I can't even hurt a fly and Mike looks so innocent" Mrs Stella's agent thought to herself.
Mike was chilling out on Sunday morning in an open field when he saw her coming. she's is/was beauty itself. when she came closer, his body reacted in an unusual way which he couldn't just understand.
"Hi Mike"The lady said sanding in front of him.
Mike was surprised at how the lady got to know his name and he haven't seen her before.
"Hello pretty lady, you know my name already?"Mike asked surprised.
"Don't be surprise dear, you're the new guy in Rayview company and making great impact so don't think your identity will be hidden. I'm Tessy a motivational speaker and a writer".The lady said stretching forth her hand for a hand shake.
They shook hands and Mike asked her to sit down.
she told Mike about so many places and things. They had a great time together and both of them discovered they've got many things in common. Tessy begged to take her leave and Mike also wanted leaving at that moment too..
he dropped her off at her place but when asked to come in, he declined.
Mike had a terrible night mare that night which changed his mood.
7:00am and Mike was already set for work. He wasn't his usual smiling self.
Throughout the briefing, he didn't contribute or asked any question unlike the Mike they know.
At the end of the briefing, Treasure asked to see him in her office
"What's wrong, you're not looking good what happened?"Treasure asked with sincerity and concern.
"I'm alright, it's nothing".Mike replied.
Treasure wasn't satisfied with his answer but had no other option than to accept.
Cynthia walked into Mike's office without Mike noticing because he was lost in his thoughts.
He was thinking about the dream and how he's gonna tell Treasure his feelings towards her.
"Hello!! young man what's wrong and how was your outing with Tessy yesterday? "Cynthia said.. and Mike was brought back to present but didn't hear what she said.
"Are you thinking about her or another lover?" She asked trying to make him talk.
Mike just laughed.
"I hope it's not who I'm thinking"She asked again.
Mike found the question funny and stupid at the same time.
"I think I'm in love with Treasur....."
Mike couldn't complete what he was saying before Mike's door opened gently.
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 7:19am On Apr 04, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d Update... Quite an Age
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 7:40am On Apr 04, 2018
skubido:
Tanks a lot 4d Update... Quite an Age
Yeah bro.. I'm back.. thanks for following
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2018
Peterkeys6:
Yeah bro.. I'm back.. thanks for following

tank God baba, to im alone bd Glory.. D Lord is ur strength oo.

U too much..
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Treasure walked in and Mike stood up immediately and gave her a warm hug..
Cynthia couldn't hold it any longer. she just gave a light smile and left.
Treasure was surprised and confused at the same time and had to ask Mike why he did that.
Mike too couldn't explain but he was happy he did that.
"Can I take you out for dinner later today? "Mike asked.
"Alright.I'll call you when I'm set"Treasure replied and Mike thanked her.
On his way home, he saw Tessy and was happy to see her.
They had a little chat and laughed.
Later that evening, Treasure called him to inform him she was ready. Mike drove quickly to the Address she sent to him. he was surprised when he saw the black giant gate..
He horned and immediately, the gate was opened.
He couldn't believe his eyes.. such a young lady living in this big house all by herself sha this is not Nigeria nah.
He opened his car door and came out.
he was directed to the sitting room by a Maid where he sat down staring at the beauty of the room.
"Hi welcome to my humble home"Treasure said coming down from the stairs.
Mike was just looking at this beautiful creature
She was looking as pretty as ever on a pink mini gown.
he felt like pulling her close to himself and planting a kiss on her lips.. his heart beat increased and surely he knew he was in love..
"When you're done staring at me you tell me"Treasure said laughing..
Mike got back to his senses and smiled.
"Shall we?"Mike asked stretching forth his hands. Treasure laughed and held his hand.
Mike took her to one of the most classic restaurant and there, they talked about so many things.
"Mike,now you've to tell me why you hugged me in the office and why Cynthia walked out when I came in. "Treasure told him.
"I get this joy I can't really explain when I see you around, as if you're a part of me already" Mike told her.
He looked into her eyes deeply..
"I love you Treasure Oluwale".
Treasure's heart missed a beat. she couldn't explain what just happened.
At this time, they were already standing.
she could feel tears coming down from her eyes.
"I love you Mike Olu"She said and hugged him.
They were in that position until they heard some one clapping.. it was Cynthia.
"I can see, you guys couldn't hold it till you get home".She said teasing them.
"Cyndi what are you doing here?"Treasure asked her friends.
Mike was just looking at the two friends.
"Well I just came to cool my head and have sometime to myself when I saw you two in a deep hug. Treasure you never told me you and Mike had something.. hmm you're hiding things now right" Cynthia replied.
"Nice timing you've got. let's sit" Mike interrupted.
Treasure was becoming uncomfortable with the way Cynthia was acting and the unnecessary questions she was asking.
"I think it's time to go home right?"Treasure asked and Mike nodded.
"I think you'll be to drop the both of us off since I didn't come here with my car"Cynthia pleaded
"That's not a problem"Mike replied.
Mike thought Cynthia was gonna stop and spend the night at Treasure's house but was surprised when she didn't get down from the car at Treasure's house..
"Bye sweetdreams much love dear bestie"That was Cynthia to Treasure.
Treasure just smiled and told Mike to be careful she knows her friends. Mike smiled and kissed her on her forehead and told her goodnight.
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2018
Tanks 4d update.
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
"You're such a romantic gentleman"Cynthia said immediately Mike got into the car.
"Thank you"Mike replied with a straight face.
Cynthia was busy doing all the talking while Mike just smiled. They arrived at Cynthia's house. she wanted him to come in but he declined.
Mike got home and had a cool bath. he picked his phone and discovered he had four missed calls. Two from Treasure and two from Cynthia.
he called Treasure and she picked on the second ring. "Sh!!! Baby,don't say anything. I love you so much. I'm not gonna hurt you I promise".Mike said those words without letting Treasure say anything.
He could feel how happy Treasure was.
They spoke at length and send said goodbye.
After the long phone call, Mike was so happy but one part of him was thinking about Tessy.
After work the next day, Treasure and Mike spent time together and every moment spent together, new things were revealed and he got to know that Cynthia was the do or die type and that was why she was sent here by Treasure's mum.
She use to work at the company's headquarters in Nigeria,Lagos to be precise but she was misusing the company's funds and that was also when Mike discovered that Treasure's mum owns the company.
"Why are you still working here?" Mike asked surprised.
"Well, I decided to hide this from you just to be sure you'll love me for who I am. I don't hide my feelings any more. I did that about five years ago and I ended up regretting it" Treasure told Mike how she fell madly in love with a certain guy and she kept it to herself only to find out later that Cynthia took advantage of her shy nature and got the guy to herself. Now he's coming back to tell me he loves me. So when I discovered that my heart beats for you, I had to keep my pride and tell you..
When Treasure was done talking, Mike drew her close and kissed her forehead and those words "I love u". Mike knows he has fallen in love with the right woman.. he has never seen a woman as brave and humble as Treasure but he has to be careful especially with Cynthia.
"Kill him now or you lose everything" The line went dead.
Tessy called and informed Mike that she wants to have a chat with him in his house
Mike sent his address to her and in less than an hour, Tessy arrived.. she knocked lightly on the door.
Mike was surprised because he thought she was only joking.
"Mike, I'm very sorry, I've to do this" Tessy said and brought out a gun and fired with tears in her eyes........
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
Haaaaaaaa... Na wa ooo.

Tanks a lot 4d update.

1 Like

Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
skubido:
Haaaaaaaa... Na wa ooo.

Tanks a lot 4d update.
uwlc bro thanks for following..

1 Like

Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
Guys Biko I need your comments o.. lemme know howfah you're loving this work..
Re: Death After Birth by Peterkeys6(m): 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2018
Mike was on the floor with His head down,Tessy rushed towards his direction but was surprised when he stood up. the bullet didn't get to him. it's unexplainable how the bullet changed direction and fired the light bulb.
Mike was still afraid but Tessy did something that surprised him.. she started pulling off her clothes. She removed her top and there was a tattoo-like mark on her shoulder. Mike immediately saw it and it was same with his. He has same mark on his arms with the letter T and Teddy's with the letter M.
Mike took the gun and removed the bullets inside.
Tessy told Mike everything about herself and how her mum dumped her amidst tears and how Mrs Stella picked her up and how she helps her carry out assignments. this was suppose to be her first killing assignment.
After the whole story session, it was clear that they were siblings.
The atmosphere was emotion filled. Tessy couldn't stop herself from crying and apologising to Mike.. She almost killed her elder brother.
Mike forgave her and took her in his arms.
"Wow! So you're a cheat? " Cynthia asked and that was when Mike realised that he didn't look the door.
"What are you doing here"Mike asked her smiling in an unusual manner which made Cynthia worried.
Mike took Tessy home and parked her belongings, he called Frank and told him everything that happened. Frank was so happy and asked them to come back to Nigeria..

"Isn't this your trusted servant? " This was the message Mrs Stella received from Cynthia and a picture of Tessy and Mike hugging attached.
Mrs Stella couldn't believe what she just saw. she tried calling Tessy but her line wasn't reachable.
Cynthia and Mrs Stella got to know each other about 6years ago when she was initiated into a deadly cult group "Blood sisters".
Mrs Stella has been the leader of the group for decades and took special interest in Cynthia since she was connected to a rich family and intend using her for her own goals.
Cynthia became her favorite god daughter and informs her of any dirty deal.
"You'll have to help me get them back" This was Mrs Stella's reply to Cynthia's message.
"You'll get Tessy and I'll get me deal? "Cynthia replied.
She wants to be smart hmm
"Deal" Mrs Stella replied..
Thank God I never introduced Tessy to the blood sisters, she would have betrayed us all.she's going to pay dearly for this.
Mike dropped Tessy off at work and told her not to go anywhere after work that he will come back to pick her. Tessy has been so happy and grateful to God for letting her find her brother even though she's not worth it.
On arriving in his office, Mike got a message from his secretary that the HOD demand to see him immediately..
he dropped the documents be was holding in his office and went straight to Treasure's office.
he knocked and entered..
"And Mike, what's the meaning of this?" Treasure yelled at him immediately he entered the office.
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update.
Quess Cynthia don forward d pix give her..

U too much
Re: Death After Birth by skubido(m): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Broz hope all is well.. As uno update ni ooo

(1) (Reply)

This Young Guy’s Story Will Make You Cry / Kiss In The Rain / How To Write A Script.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.