Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 (50903 Views)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by mikron(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2018
stevenakp:

leave mourinho ooo.

the buses has been serviced and ready for saturday.
grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by mikron(m): 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
oloriooko:

I will never stop bragging about City, this is a test of our depth and resilience in Europe and I know we are beating Liverpool QED!
u were saying..............?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by dotcomnamename: 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Manchester City failed to direct a single shot on target in a game for the first time since 26th October 2016 (v Man Utd in the League Cup). Blunt.

10 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by sameni123(m): 11:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
Quote me any day Final .....Liverpool 3-1 barca

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Professor554: 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
blizzers:
Lai Mohammed to list GUADIOLA name among the looters list. WTF.....Liverpool is too dangerous

This page is about Liverpool vs Manchester City. Great unity, exchange of great views and ideas. PLEASE DON’T BRING POLITICS HERE!!
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by sameni123(m): 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
MrHistorian:
A walk in the park for Guardiola's men.

And people should stop referencing the EPL return leg.A 5 minutes added time to the game will see Liverpool concede about 3 more goals.

We Citizens await RealMadrid in the semis.

No better pleasure than puffing life out of that shitty-Madrid.

Bros how market

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by MorataFC: 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2018
dukeprince50:
we are talking about 1shot on target, u deh talk about 1goal?
grin grin grin this man don kill me with laughter

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by omenpetrol: 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
luvola:
The best way Liverpool can win is to massively press the citizen in the first 15 mins and score goals

spot on

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54pm On Apr 04, 2018
MorataFC:
thank you my brother, that is why it is difficult for me to forgive Conte, man City will attack u like bees but if you get courage to attack them u will score their defense is not solid as we think they are.

A lot of you keep talking courage as if it is all it takes to carry out a quality press against a team like Manchester City. It takes a lot of training and devotion to get to the level of Liverpool in pressing. They train for it every day, made it their philosophy and even went through a round of multiple injuries to get to that stage.

So, Conte can not just wake up one morning and say, hey La Blues, we are going to press like Liverpool.

11 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Lordfigaro(m): 12:02am On Apr 05, 2018
[b]Cristiano Ronaldo, that goal, and why it’s time to stop searching for comparisons

Right when Juventus were starting to believe they could find an equalizer in the first game of their quarterfinals matchup against Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo ended those hopes and the tie itself. He did so with one of the most aesthetically pleasing bicycle kick goals that I have ever seen. Zinedine Zidane was left dumbfounded and the Juventus-leaning crowd that was jeering him throughout the game was forced to clap for him.

The bicycle kick is one of the most difficult techniques in soccer: a player has to jump up with his back to goal and connect with a cross or a clipped pass while horizontal in the air. The shot also then has to go behind him where he cannot see the goal. Most of the time the bicycle kick is done badly, just by the sheer difficulty of it — some players barely get off the ground, others connect with their shin, most are trying without any real hope of actually hitting the ball. But even a bad bicycle kick is still more impressive than most other goals. It’s fun to see every time. When it’s done well, as with Ronaldo or Zlatan against England, it’s breathtaking. That’s when the goal stands as a testament to and celebration of the beauty of the human body and the world class technique of the individual. When Ronaldo scores that goal at 33 years old, it’s almost an affront to everything we know about the trajectory of a player’s career and the concept of aging in sports.

Ronaldo has always been in the business of proving people wrong. It’s one of the things that drives him, even at the stage of his career where he really doesn’t have anything to prove to anyone. He’s achieved all there is to achieve and has won almost all available trophies in a player’s career. He’s confidently one of the greatest players to ever play the game. He declares himself as the best ever.

There’s the usual detractors who believe he’s inferior to Lionel Messi, and unfortunately their careers will always be compared by the magic of them existing at the same time. Rather than people being grateful for the luck of having the two in the same generation, comparisons are made in order to denigrate one or the other. Messi did this thing Ronaldo hasn’t done, so he’s obviously better. Ronaldo did this thing Messi hasn’t so it’s no question he’s the superior player. Messi plays in a more complete way, Ronaldo scores more goals and goals are what decide games. So on and so forth.

The need for the reduction in the guise of comparison and celebration is a problem of imagination. It’s a desperate attempt to get a grasp of the two in a world where they stand out as almost alien beings. It’s the same problem that sees people waiting for the end of Ronaldo’s run, arguing that eventually he will follow the career trajectory of an ordinary player. At 33, he should be in the twilight of his career, so every goal drought is evidence of his expected downfall, which should presumably come any day now.

Ronaldo struggled earlier this season, and Real Madrid had to change because of it. He’s their best goalscorer and when he’s missing chances, there’s not really an alternative who can replicate his usual consistency. He also had similar problems the year before. A goal drought isn’t unheard of for him, though it didn’t seem to reflect a physical decline. He was getting in his normal goal scoring positions, but the ball wasn’t going into the back of the net.

Ronaldo is the first player to score in 10 consecutive Champions League games. After his two goals against Juventus, he has 119 goals in the Champions League total, the most of any player. He holds the record for most goals in a Champions League season with 17 and he’s the only player to score in three Champions League finals. He has four Champions League titles so far and could possibly lead his team to a third consecutive title this year. He has scored 36 goals in all competitions so far, 10 away from his total last year. This is all before going into his domestic goals and records.

One day, Ronaldo’s production will decline and he will eventually have to retire. That’s the nature of time. Everyone’s moment comes to an end, no matter how spectacular the individual. But to expect Ronaldo’s career to follow the ordinary path is to do an injustice to the man. He’s proven over and over that he’s different. That he is something never seen before. Records after records have been broken and he’s won every award available to an individual multiple times. He’s not ordinary and has never been. There’s no need to discount him in that manner. We have to admit ignorance in a case like his, because there’s no standard to what he is doing.

At the age of 33, Ronaldo is still an absurd player and we should let him be so without trying to compartmentalize him into rigid comparisons and timelines. No one has done what he’s done as well and as long as he’s done it. We should finally accept that we don’t really know when he will stop being incredible. He’s made the prediction of his downfall look silly for years now. We should all be more like the Juventus fans who stood to applaud Ronaldo after the bicycle goal, simply appreciative of the man, and happy to have been witness to the spectacular things that he continues to do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by MorataFC: 12:10am On Apr 05, 2018
Lovintus2:
My problem is that Liverpool will qualify only to be humiliated in the semi-final. Man city stand a better chance in the semis
any high pressing attacking team will beat man city hands down, they are good at attack but their defense is not good as we think, Liverpool scored 3 out of 5 goals on target and man city could not register a single goal on target over 90 minutes that's a new record in ucl at the quarter final
look at the three teams that remain
Bayern
Madrid
Barca
Which one of them do you think man city can beat over two legs?

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by MorataFC: 12:21am On Apr 05, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

A lot of you keep talking courage as if it is all it takes to carry out a quality press against a team like Manchester City. It takes a lot of training and devotion to get to the level of Liverpool in pressing. They train for it every day, made it their philosophy and even went through a round of multiple injuries to get to that stage.

So, Conte can not just wake up one morning and say, hey La Blues, we are going to press like Liverpool.
it is the philosophy of the coach, give barca or madrid of today to mourinho or Conte they will defend and give this present Chelsea team to Klopp or Wenger they will attack.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 05, 2018
Prettyyemi:
Thank U God..
Finally,man city has lost!!!.
I remembered when they dealt with us(Chelsea)..
I wanted to cry..
But now is payback time..
God bless Liverpool .
Even though Liverpool too cannot carry the champion's league cup...
They sha tried tonight...
Barca will probably carry d cup ..
I am not sure Barca can beat this Liverpool I saw tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by okolet(m): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2018
Ooh no.. But as e con be na u beta kill ur sef by ur sef tongue
michelKalib:
Oh nooo embarassed embarassed embarassed it's not good for me becasue i want man city win this match!
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Hillary4christ(m): 2:07am On Apr 05, 2018
for me man city have more chances of beating Baca than Liverpool in semis so that's y I prefer them to come out of England
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by gabrielokeke555(m): 4:26am On Apr 05, 2018
It is now obvious that if not for Saido Mane's red card in September, Manchester City wouldn't have trashed Liverpool.
#YNWA
#inKloppwetrust

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by gabrielokeke555(m): 4:27am On Apr 05, 2018
Hillary4christ:
for me man city have more chances of beating Baca than Liverpool in semis so that's y I prefer them to come out of England
Trash bro! That was the same way you thought that man city had more chances of beating liverpool at Anfield. I say big trash!

9 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:52am On Apr 05, 2018
MorataFC:
it is the philosophy of the coach, give barca or madrid of today to mourinho or Conte they will defend and give this present Chelsea team to Klopp or Wenger they will attack.

To have the philosophy is one thing. Then to prepare the team to train that way is another. When Mourinho and Conte do not share the philosophy and do not train their teams that way, you can not expect their teams to play that way in some selected games.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Nobody: 5:53am On Apr 05, 2018
Hillary4christ:
Where is your logic...and they can't beat Liverpool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 05, 2018
There is one thing about Liverpool. On paper you may not give them much but they seem capable of defeating any team in Europe.

May the semifinals look like this:

Liverpool vs Bayern Munich
Real Madrid vs Barcelona

cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 05, 2018
Hillary4christ:

Just listen to yourself!
A team that will lift mountains tomorrow must start by lifting stones today.
Man city need to beat Liverpool handsomely next week before you can make such statement.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by mbjane: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2018
sprints1:
no dey talk why would u say it is only liverpool that can man city its liverpool liverpool can beat anytime and by the way most EPL teams have been poor this season imagine burnley' position in the league just behind arsenal shows how poor this season is.. this same city lost to basel at hoome, shaktar, couldnt beat common wigan..its just that most teams in division have been poor imagine stoke city and southampton in relegation..teams that normally give top teams problem even everton that is good sef are struggling this season..well man city is overrated even if they qualify they cant beat bayern or barca and madrid

Yeah they might not beat bayern barca or madrid but that doesnt mean they are overrated,your word says it all,you have hate for mancity,how can you say mancity is overrated?

At team that has already win EPL easily,You should have said EPL is overrated and not mancity
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by mikemodel24: 7:04am On Apr 05, 2018
6inches:
Man city go still qualify grin.liverpool go gock am grin
Na u go carry them qualify ni

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by mikemodel24: 7:05am On Apr 05, 2018
6inches:
Man city go still qualify grin.liverpool go gock am grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 7:26am On Apr 05, 2018
[quote author=dukeprince50 post=66436873]who is Sarah? is she also a footballer

Hahaha! The guy is obviously an Igbira man,the pure Kogi boy.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:31am On Apr 05, 2018
Prettyyemi:
I doubt it!!!
you should see their game with Roma . With a fair stability in Roma's midfield and good use of their wingers, they took the game to barca. Liverpool is deadlier.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by blizzers(m): 7:33am On Apr 05, 2018
Professor554:

This page is about Liverpool vs Manchester City. Great unity, exchange of great views and ideas. PLEASE DON’T BRING POLITICS HERE!!

Cant you just see am being comical? Haba...Some pple would just wanna quote to feel relevant. Hold your lane man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by STILESGANG: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2018
Hillary4christ:
City had no chance of beating any of the big boys. Forget the English hype. Na by passing aimlessly like headless chickens grin

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by holuphisayor(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2018
NoDulling4here:
There is one thing about Liverpool. On paper you may not give them much but they seem capable of defeating any team in Europe.

May the semifinals look like this:

Liverpool vs Bayern Munich
Real Madrid vs Barcelona

cheesy
looks great. I wish Madrid goodluck grin

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by onyxo76(m): 9:00am On Apr 05, 2018
I'm still trying to decipher klopps 'heavy metal' method that he used to silence man city last night.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by MorataFC: 9:00am On Apr 05, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

To have the philosophy is one thing. Then to prepare the team to train that way is another. When Mourinho and Conte do not share the philosophy and do not train their teams that way, you can not expect their teams to play that way in some selected games.
Yes na, every coach prepares his team center on their philosophy, if you are a coach you will know that to prepare a team to defend against an attacking team is a tough and rigorous task.
Re: Liverpool Vs Manchester City : UCL (3 - 0) On 4th April 2018 by nwaire: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2018
Liverpool fans walking to work this morning...

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 22nd November 2014 / Juventus Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 11th April 2017 / Chelsea Vs Everton (5 - 0) On 5th November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.