Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You (2377 Views)

The 10 Commandments Of Buying Land In Nigeria / Pitfalls To Avoid When Buying Land / Where To Buy Cheap Property Or Land In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by dvonne(f): 10:36pm On May 01, 2010
Hello Fellow Nairalanders
I am looking for information to make an informed decision.
Between buying land at kuje in abuja or land at lakowe in lekki which would you go for .
1.What is the return on invest going to be like if you are looking at the rental market.(Self contain mini flats,2/3 bedroom flats or a duplex)
2.What is the return on invest going to be like if you are looking at the buy to sell market.
3.A family home
I donot mean to turn you to my research library grin grin grin grin but it will be nice to bounce ideas of informed people who are where i want to go to or simply wise.
Thanks for your comments in advance.
Cheers
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by IykeD(m): 11:07pm On May 01, 2010
Anyone giving you an informed answer on this issue must know the two locations very well so as to be able to compare and contrast.I know Lakowe to an extent but can't say much about Kuje.
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by BolaA1: 1:49pm On May 02, 2010
First, it depends on who you are, and what you want. You want (from your post), a good ROI (return on investment).
Kuje is approximately 14-18mins from the Nnamidi Azikwe International Airport in Abuja. That I think I know.
Kuje is a community in Abuja, with an established LGA. However, it is not inside Abuja proper.
At this point in time, a plot of land in Kuje should not be costing you 1.5M to acquire.
At this point in time, the cheapest plot of land around Lakowe should be costing over 2.0M, barring any plot to defraud you.
And remember: With the beach, and marina in Lagos, Lagos will be Lagos, for ever.
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by dvonne(f): 10:44pm On May 02, 2010
@iyked
@bola
Thank you for your informative replies,
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by IykeD(m): 12:34am On May 03, 2010
@dvonne u r welcome though i didn't offer any useful response lol
@bolaA1 nice one, i like ur conclusion, lagos will be lagos, cudn't help laughing at that.Really, i think so too and i am also looking at getting something along that axis
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by resource4faciliti(m): 2:47am On May 03, 2010
I read with amusement the conservative estimation of property
development in Kuje,FCT. Well, I do not know Lakowe,but I can
confirm that, because Abuja is one of the fastest growing city in
the World today, there is no where in Nigeria that property
development is better than the FCT.

I will go for the land in Kuje any time, any day except,of course,
political exigencies.
Good luck.
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by BolaA1: 11:33am On May 03, 2010
@Resource, thank you very much for the statement you made: except of course, political exigencies. That is one of the considerations. I started my analysis by saying: "it depends on who you are", ( referring to the poster).

It is much easier to lose one's property in certain parts of Nigeria than others. Certain parts will go after your life. If you are lucky, you may not lose it, but you know the next thing. They will wreck you to the best of their ability. They will touch every other thing that you have within their reach. That is the reality in Nigeria. We may shy away from it, but it is the reality.

The stability of your investments depend on many things including, of course, who you are.
Re: Between Buying Land At Kuje In Abuja Or Land At Lakowe In Lekki Which Would You by j0202: 1:24am On May 08, 2010
i really dont know much of lakowe. kuje depends on the part. the best part is kuchako layout which has a well extensive and excellent road network.the village side is nothing to write home about. considering the fact that kuje is about 20mins from the airport and the new 10 lane airport road under construction, i will advice you KUCHAKO LAYOUT +ss
OF KUJE is best for investment. i personally have a lot there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Hd Led 32 Inches Tv For Sale. Pic / Beautiful Estate:Buy Funke Akindele's Residence- Amen Estate Phase 2 Opp. Phase1 / Commercial Land For Sale At Lagos/Abeokuta Express Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.