Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (110607 Views)

Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 / Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by openmine(m): 1:42am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

Quit whyning, it's all part of the game. They lost and qualified. Leave talk. They pressed Juve all through the match. Check stats. If not for that olodo goal keeper and the already known weak Madrid defence that allowed two headers from one aboki.

When Madrid finally raises this cup hope you won't drink fuel oh.
grin grin
Most times sentiments can make fans like u lose ur sense of objectivity.....U just stated explicit reasons why they conceded 3 goals at santiago bernabeu.....A better team with better organisation could thrash Real madrid in the semis....
Yes they qualified but if not for the pen,Juventus would have dragged madrid to extra time and anything can happen afterwards!
Overall,Madrid were very poor yesterday...Lets try to be objective for once!
If U see a flaw,call it out no matter ur affliations!
By the way am an objective madrid/liverpool fan!

When Madrid finally raises this cup hope you won't drink fuel oh.
grin grin
I love the game of soccer and i also like being fair and objective!
Whether madrid wins depends on the toughness of the teams they will face!
If U think Madrid will walk all over the rest of the teams in the semis,then U will be in for a shocker like barca!
So quit being a sentimental madrid fan and try to be rational for once!
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 12, 2018
Jayclassic10:

Hahahaha
Bro u are hilarious!
I remember when Fergie was United's coach, he bribed referees at times to win matches or so i heard n it worked.
I could remember a Manchester derby, the scoreline was 3-3 and either 2-3 mins was added but the ref allowed the match to go one till 4mins plus and Michael Owen scored the winning goal for united...
So maybe, just maybe Madrid bribes ref or they are just fortunate or maybe uefa favours them.
I don't really know, but life in general is never fair..
Things can never be done right always.

Agbaya! Ferguson bribe coach. That's what they always say. If there was anybody that should bribe ref it's Juve. Madrid had a 3 goal agg lead. How does someone have 3 goals and then go about looking for ref to bribe. If international football is too complicated for you. Go watch Lokoja Principals cup.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 12, 2018
openmine:

grin grin
Most times sentiments can make fans like u lose ur sense of objectivity.....U just stated explicit reasons why they conceded 3 goals at santiago bernabeu.....A better team with better organisation could thrash Real madrid in the semis....
Yes they qualified but if not for the pen,Juventus would have dragged madrid to extra time and anything can happen afterwards!
Overall,Madrid were very poor yesterday...Lets try to be objective for once!
If U see a flaw,call it out no matter ur affliations!
By the way am an objective madrid/liverpool fan!

Football is like the past American elections. It humbles pollsters. There are times Madrid would play big teams with lesser form than they had today and still score 2,3,4 goals. We'd say they don't deserve to win, yet they did. Madrid played well, they were just unlucky. They had chances flying everywhere coming from good game play but couldn't convert to goals. Juve on the other hand just happened to find the net easily. Check the stats before you say they didn't play well. It's not necessarily the team that scored the most goals that played well. That's football. I wonder when people will grasp this simple truth.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Jayclassic10(m): 2:04am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

Agbaya! Ferguson bribe coach. That's what they always say. If there was anybody that should bribe ref it's Juve. Madrid had a 3 goal agg lead. How does someone have 3 goals and then go about looking for ref to bribe. If international football is too complicated for you. Go watch Lokoja Principals cup.
Smh...
Only if u read, then u'd notice I wrote "maybe'' and " fortunate''
Plus I have no proves to say Madrid bribe referees, i was only giving instances...
Grow up bro. They bribe referees or not is of no concern to me.
Try to read well n make sure u understand before u speak.
I was explaining something to someone and u being Madrid's president took it personal.
Smh
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by michelKalib(m): 2:06am On Apr 12, 2018
Full-time: Real 1-3 Juventus

Real have escaped into the semi-finals! Juventus hit three goals to cancel out the first-leg score and move to the brink of a sensational, historic triumph. But then Michael Oliver awarded a penalty following an untidy tackle by Benatia - but was it a foul? - and Ronaldo seized his moment. This tie will be talked about - argued about - for years.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nobody: 2:15am On Apr 12, 2018
openmine:

grin grin
I love the game of soccer and i also like being fair and objective!
Whether madrid wins depends on the toughness of the teams they will face!
If U think Madrid will walk all over the rest of the teams in the semis,then U will be in for a shocker like barca!
So quit being a sentimental madrid fan and try to be rational for once!

grin grin
Good for you. But no sentiments from me. Just plain truth. If you say barca didn't play well or in good form against Roma, I'd say yes it's clear. Check the stats. Barca was lost although the match. But sir Madrid controlled this match against Juve. Yes, goals matter, but not scoring doesn't mean their form was bad, and Juve scoring 3 goals don't mean they are in super form either. My issue with your statement is saying Madrid didn't play well. Or Madrid was weak, that's a lie. They maxed out Juve in all stats. Juve I repeat were just so lucky in front of goal.

6 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Suspect33(m): 2:20am On Apr 12, 2018
Sanchez01:

Bro, the over zealous anti-spam bot got me since last night. I just got out.

I almost had a nervous breakdown.
I almost gave up grin #hala Madrid joor
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nobody: 2:25am On Apr 12, 2018
Jayclassic10:

Smh...
Only if u read, then u'd notice I wrote "maybe'' and " fortunate''
Plus I have no proves to say Madrid bribe referees, i was only giving instances...
Grow up bro. They bribe referees or not is of no concern to me.
Try to read well n make sure u understand before u speak.
I was explaining something to someone and u being Madrid's president took it personal.
Smh

grin grin
Stop doing smh before you develop head ache. I didn't speak, I typed. I jumped on your comment because I'm a United Fan. That particular accusation of Ferguson bribing ref annoys me totally, we had a lot of it from Chelsea fans who refuse to acknowledge Fergie's experience and referee decisions back then. Even as a joke, the insinuation irks me. Pardon me if I sounded harsh though. No belittling meant.

4 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Jayclassic10(m): 2:27am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

grin grin
Stop doing smh before you develop head ache. I didn't speak, I typed. I jumped on your comment because I'm a United Fan. That particular accusation of Ferguson bribing ref annoys me totally, we had a lot of it from Chelsea fans who refuse to acknowledge Fergie's experience and referee decisions back then. Even as a joke, the insinuation irks me. Pardon me if I sounded harsh though. No belittling meant.
I'm a united fan too bro...
One love �

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 12, 2018
Jayclassic10:

I'm a united fan too bro...
One love �

Haba! And we dey argue? Twale man!

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 2:34am On Apr 12, 2018
sanux:
he was given a red card becos he has two yellow b4... about the ban. that should have been what should happen to buffon after the match not a red card.. but england ref na wa
Buffing deserves the card for the way he was handling the referee. Honestly! Some footage of it has been sent for critical analysis and according to the reports, that's a no no.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Herrmes: 2:39am On Apr 12, 2018
AxceX:
Pathetic refereeing!! Certain circumstance don't call for such stupid n hasty decision undecided.You blew for a pen at the last sec of the game n you expect Buffon n other juv players to be happy uh n undecided,you got an expected reaction from them n stupidly brought out a red card.foolish referee!!

A direct RED CARD for an expected reaction. Pathetic!!!
He's not officiating to make people happy, he knows his job, how about you keep quiet and watch? Just like you've been doing, it's clear your mental strength isn't enough to comment on issues like this.

9 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Herrmes: 2:48am On Apr 12, 2018
KevinDein:

Messi is a million times the player Ronaldo can ever be. Years from now Messi would be mentioned in the same breath as maradonna, Pele and other greats. Ronaldo would be remembered as penaldo. The one who stays anonymous for a whole game and then converts dubious penalties.

Facts
Saying something like this has to hurt even you saying it because deep down you know you're just talking trash, you know you're just hating, you know you sound salty, yet you go ahead to do something like this, you must really be a lowlife.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Herrmes: 2:55am On Apr 12, 2018
KevinDein:

What is even more pathetic is penaldo acting like some kind of hero and taking all of the credit after converting the dubious penalty.

Mehn this is just sad. And if you are truly a football fan you must condemn this.
Heya, it's a lot of pity for you. You could probably commit suicide, go ahead, no one would mind.

14 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by openmine(m): 2:57am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

grin grin
Good for you. But no sentiments from me. Just plain truth. If you say barca didn't play well or in good form against Roma, I'd say yes it's clear. Check the stats. Barca was lost although the match. But sir Madrid controlled this match against Juve. Yes, goals matter, but not scoring doesn't mean their form was bad, and Juve scoring 3 goals don't mean they are in super form either. My issue with your statement is saying Madrid didn't play well. Or Madrid was weak, that's a lie. They maxed out Juve in all stats. Juve I repeat were just so lucky in front of goal.
lol....bro can U read what U said?
Let's say juventus won by 4 goals,and qualified,would U even care to know what who played well or who shot more in the match?

Ur first though will be Madrid played badly!

No matter the possession or shots on target,what a team is known for is "results" and not stats....

And in terms of results at the Santiago bernabau stadium,Madrid were outscored and outfoxed by Juventus!

The only reason why Madrid qualified is becos they scored a late pen that secured their passage to the semis...

As for juventus being lucky,I can only laugh....Please who was leading 3-0 at Santiago bernabau? was it Madrid or juventus?

Bro pls stop all dese sentiments.... yeah,I know U are a Madrid fan like me but try to b rational some times!

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by openmine(m): 3:14am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

Football is like the past American elections. It humbles pollsters. There are times Madrid would play big teams with lesser form than they had today and still score 2,3,4 goals. We'd say they don't deserve to win, yet they did. Madrid played well, they were just unlucky. They had chances flying everywhere coming from good game play but couldn't convert to goals. Juve on the other hand just happened to find the net easily. Check the stats before you say they didn't play well. It's not necessarily the team that scored the most goals that played well. That's football. I wonder when people will grasp this simple truth.
The stats show Madrid had more possession and more corners but when U check the shots on target,both are at par which indicates that the game was open and juventus made use of quick counters to destroy Madrid at home....

The simple truth is that U can't play so well only to lose 3-0,Unless U were poor in defence or midfield.... for the fact that Juventus had 6 shots on target shows that Juventus found a way of outmuscling Madrid midfielders to submission!

My point is simple...The evidence of dominance is quite clear only when U are able to get a "result"....Not when U lose!

Had Juventus scored the 4th goal,and qualified,no one including U will be talking about madrid possession or whether Madrid were all over the place or not....

We won't even be having dis conversation cos U wud have been sum where confused and wondering the kind of "jazz" that made Madrid to lose 4-0 at the Santiago bernabau to juventus!

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Tunks2017(m): 4:33am On Apr 12, 2018
How was that a penalty
English refrees suck.......

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Samcoflex75(m): 4:59am On Apr 12, 2018
Thats Alex Fergusson's handwork, trying to give the world best to Ronaldo, so they would say he rescued madrid, we know the politics
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Dam5reey(m): 5:13am On Apr 12, 2018
maverickdude:
i no tell u dem go qualify

Clap for the Referee
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by edimolu2: 5:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

grin grin
people can be so dumb sha, hypocrites everywhere!

someone asserted you "speak", you were quick to correct that by claiming you "typed" instead!

just within the nickel of time, you apologised for "sounding" harsh!

if you assume not to "speak", how come you mentioned "sound"....abi your typing get sound?cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by mooresucre(f): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2018
enemyofprogress:
hello, how are you? Your face looks similar to me

Realllllllllllllly?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by kennie2010: 6:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Halla madrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by STILESGANG: 6:21am On Apr 12, 2018
naturalwaves:

Awwww.....why didn't you see it?Check out the highlights on youtube now. It was a well taken, curved penalty, those types that usually almost enter through the side of the net in which the keepers usually have no chance. At crucial times like this, experienced penalty takers usually do not play parallel / flat penalties, they take it up. That was what Ballack said and that was what he usually does in his time , same thing with Zidane, he did it in the finals against Italy. Likewise, Ronaldo did not play it flat, he took it up but did not also try the maximum risk of roofing it. It was so cool. The shot was hot, it had power so that in case the keeper's hands touches it, it will still most likely go in. The shot had good height. The shot had placing; two goal keepers could not have stopped it. Moreover, the taker of the shot ( Ronaldo) was bold to have stepped forward to take it, he was also so cool and calm prior to taking the shot. Now, that is what is called A REAL MAN AND THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY HE IS THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WHOLE WORLD......Stepping up whenever the need arises.
Best footballer on top penalty. Even Ballotelli would have scored that. See analysis on top penalty... All this fan boys sef

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by miteolu(m): 6:22am On Apr 12, 2018
miteolu:
Madrid will qualify anyhow unlike Barca

I said it, Madrid Board will not sleep like Barca. If Madrid have failed to qualify that means 3 Spanish teams will out just like that.

Kudos to Nigerians referees that trained UEFA refrees

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 12, 2018
Dreadedmaze:

grin grin

You call 3 goals luck? Pls, have a rethink

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by Abusule007: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2018
maverickdude:
It was a foul,just saying he could have been lenient considering the time and the sensitivity of the match
The ref would probably have been lenient if it was another juventus player that made that tackle.
Bernatia about 90th ninute of the game fouled 2 Madrid players within 2 to 5 sec and the ref cautioned him with a yellow card.
The ref already had his eyes on him.
Then 93rd minute, fouled Vazquez again and the ref awarded the penalty

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by MissJoy29(f): 6:30am On Apr 12, 2018
XingXhang:

What's unu jusike
I was telling them to continue. More like "more power to them".
Get it?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by MissJoy29(f): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2018
XingXhang:

You can sleep well tonight, in joy and happiness grin
And I sure did
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by MissJoy29(f): 6:32am On Apr 12, 2018
haywhy59:

We are in the World Cup year sisi
Oh I know. Isn't that why I wrote "one step closer?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by onenaija001(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2018
Viking007:
cheesy cheesy Thank you Jesus!
Abeg Jesus is not biased, this is clear robbery...... I never liked English referees!!!!!!!!
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:35am On Apr 12, 2018
blezdBen:
What happens if its a draw at full time?
Extra time or penalty kick?

Extra time then penalty shoot out if a winner does not emerge at extra time. But HALA MADRID COS WE DID IT. GOD'S AWESOME!
Re: Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 by CecyAdrian(f): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2018
hopyroll:

All liers shall .........?

Shall be forgiven and blessed

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) / Real Madrid vs Liverpool : UCL (3 - 1) On 26th May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.