Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Housewife. Women Vs Multitasking - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Housewife. Women Vs Multitasking (350 Views)

The Nervous Housewife By Abraham Myerson Pdf / The Wicked Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Housewife. Women Vs Multitasking by EgbechoFaith2: 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Right as she sat in the sitting room, she was very pressed. Her bladder kept itching, demanding her to go and relieve herself in the toilet but how could she? Her little boy was ill and could only feel better by clinging to her body. Whenever she felt like moving, he would make poignant sounds that will push her down to the seat again. She could only pamper him while thinking of other burdens in her head.
She stayed like that for a while, thinking of the next thing to do. Then she quietly stood up and walked slowly to the bathroom carrying her baby along. Thank God she wasn’t wearing any pant, she quietly raised her short skirt and landed her butt on the white loo. It was quiet a relief yet her hands were busy cuddling. Her thoughts were never of herself but of the children she had borne and exposed to nature.

After returning to her spot, she fell asleep with her baby on her chest and zoomed off to half real fantasies. There were still a few chores left for her to do but she couldn’t resist the slumbering bond she was sharing with her child.

Within the cruise of time, the noise from the gate woke her up. It was Junior sobbing his eyes away.
“Junior. Who beat you. Come come come!”

He drew nearer dropping his school bag, “It’s Kenneth”

“Kenneth? Kenneth cannot beat you and you start crying….crying with your big mouth. Go and beat him back. Don’t you have hands? Go! Go now and beat him back”

Junior immediately paused at the angry voice of his Mother and turned.
He even pulled his school shirt and ran out. Charity waited patiently to feel the action. It was when he ran in panting endlessly that she heard the loud cry of her left flat mate’s son.

“Come here” she said to her son.
The little boy drew nearer trusting his mother not to beat him up.
“What did you do to Kenneth?”
“I slapped him back!” He replied gently.
“Good! You should be like your father, your daddy is a strong man almost like Super man. Power! When they hit you and your hand is long enough, hit them back. Don’t let your mate beat you and you start crying uwaaaah uwaaaah in this house. You hear me?”

“Yes” he answered and went to pick up his shirt and his bag.

The time was already 11am, Junior had come back so early because of their mid-term break closure. Charity gently laid her second baby boy who was in deep rest on the couch and went to fix Junior. She also sent the clothes the washing machine had washed to the sun before going to meet her right flat mate who was also her friend.

Conspicuously, she displayed her outfit in front of her friend.

“Where are you going? This one you want me to watch your kids.” Her friend asked.

“Let me reach my husband’s office. He forgot his lunch today.”
She answered confidently.

“Charity. He didn’t forget it. He doesn’t want your lunch pack anymore. Baby girl why don’t you get? He is seeing..”

“Don’t start now abeg. I and my husband are OK. He refused his lunch before doesn’t mean he refused it today too. He simply forgot to pick it from the dinning table so let me send it.”

Her friend rolled her eyes, “Charity. Hah! That’s the sign. He didn’t forget it oooo!”

“No! I refuse to accept it. Abeg watch my kids let me go and see my boo. My first baby”

They laughed.

Her friend continued, “Is your baby better now?”

“Yes. He is sleeping and his body is not so hot again. I know Junior is watching him but just watch them for me let me drive down!”

“Hmm. I don’t know what you are going for? See your hot gown. You want to go and do one hand leaving your children abi?”
Their laughter resounded.

Being a housewife didn’t mean she should starve herself of her fashion sense so she wore a short black skirt, blue and white stripes peplum top and a matching heels. She knew about the office trend. She had been there several times.

As fortunate as ever, she saw her husband driving out of his work place.
Charity gasp but followed him gently.
She drove frantically, cutting out all imaginations and conclusions that could be harmful to her thoughts.

He later parked in an eatery, she knew that eatery so well, where her husband and his friend had lunch most times out of their offices.
She waited to watch him walk out, his footsteps were forever delightful to her eyes.

She smiled as he opened his door and jumped out running to the other side of the car. Her look tensed until she saw it. He opened the door for another woman.

Charity opened her mouth in awe, trying to convince herself that it was a real lie. She knew something was happening to him but that food that day was what she wanted to use and make it or break it.

She waited for a while wondering what to do. How to act and act right as a learned woman that she was. She quickly looked at herself in the mirror, fixed up her make up and dashed out in confidence.

“I simply came to deliver his lunch to him and that’s what I will do”

Keeping it brief and simple occupied her mind.
She walked in.

“Hey baby!!” She hailed at her husband who saw her immediately she drew nearer to him sitting with the lady. The table in between them was empty and she thanked God for that. He didn’t waste our money on such a twit. She caused within.

She pecked him right and left and began.
“Baby, you forgot your lunch on the dinning table so I thought I could simply deliver it to you after I put our boys to sleep. Good afternoon Lady” she greeted in such a way that got the lady off the cloud

Her face read smiles missed with discomfort.

“Sorry I didn’t greet earlier. I was so focused on my husband. You are his colleague I guess.”

“Yes but from another branch. Afternoon. You are so cute!” The lady replied politely.

“Woow thanks.” She understood the lady was a bit civilised so she took it from a plain angle still standing by her husband who was already uneasy.

“Your necklace is sparkling. So how’s work and everything? You two can enjoy the food though?” She told the lady smiling widely.

“Oh no. Not to worry. Thanks a bunch. Since you are here. You too should just have a good time.” The lady stood up.
“Alfred I will see you later at work. Have a good time. Bye!” She waved her more and left.

Charity gently sat opposite her husband flashing her gapped teeth. “This is the 10th time you refused the lunch I used to give you every morning that you cherished so much and today you just left it there on the dinning table what’s up?”

His face was blank. “Baby seriously I.. I just”

“Don’t beg the situation, even if you now go on lunch with women you should have at least taken the lunch so that you can eat it here with drinks just like you and your friend used to. Am I wrong?”

“See! Baby! I don’t go on lunch with women! Don’t say that!” He panicked a little.

“You don’t eat my food in your office neither do you eat my food with your friend in this eatery anymore then what? Eat it with girls then…

continue here
http://egbechofaith.com/house-wife/

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Science And Religion / Love Circumference / 14 Tips For Custom Phd Thesis Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.