Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Physics Gurus Pls Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Physics Gurus Pls Help (1836 Views)

Physics Gurus In The House Please I Need Your Help / For Physics Gurus Only / Physics Gurus Come And Help Me Little Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physics Gurus Pls Help by Tittusstar22(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
I need someone to Transform the equation to linear form T=2pi√(K^2 +h^2)/gh
Re: Physics Gurus Pls Help by ameri9ja: 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
Tittusstar22:
I need someone to Transform the equation to linear form
T=2pi√(K^2 +h^2)/gh

Easy. Ever heard of google?
Re: Physics Gurus Pls Help by Tittusstar22(m): 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
ameri9ja:

Easy. Ever heard of google?
solve it if you can
Re: Physics Gurus Pls Help by ameri9ja: 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
Tittusstar22:
solve it if you can

. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data Linearise T=2pi√(K^2 + h^2)/gh K is known constant This is a compound pendulum equation, I want to plot some kind of formula with variable T against some kind of formula with variable H in order to find g from the gradient. 2. Relevant equations 3. The attempt at a solution so i've got T/2pi all squared times g all substituted to x, h subbed to y and k^2 subbed to constant C and I've got the equation y^2 -yx + C=0 and tried to solve for y=x+β I've tried implicit differentiation and it's gotten me nowhere Mar 9, 2012 #2 tiny-tim hi seboastien! (try using the X2 button just above the Reply box ) seboastien said: ↑ Linearise T=2pi√(K^2 + h^2)/gh K is known constant This is a compound pendulum equation, I want to plot some kind of formula with variable T against some kind of formula with variable H in order to find g from the gradient. if K is a known constant, can't you make one of the axes √(h2 + K2) ? Mar 9, 2012 #3 seboastien I would have to make the axis √((h^2 + K^2)/gh ) but that is a good point. However, I would still like to know how I could linearise it further. I know that a taylor approximation is needed but I don't know how to, or what a value to choose Mar 9, 2012 #4 tiny-tim √(1 + (h2/K2) = 1 + (h2/K2)/2 + … Mar 9, 2012 #5 seboastien ? Mar 9, 2012 #6 tiny-tim if h/K is small, then √(1 + (h2/K2)) = 1 + (h2/K2)/2 + … Mar 9, 2012 #7 seboastien hmmm, my only issue is that its the sqrt of K^2 + h^2 divided by gh it also turns out that k is the radius of gyration and I have no scales to measure the pendulum's mass. I believe I need a y=mx + c where the y intercept will be determined by k, g by m, x by T and h by y. is there any way of achieving this? Mar 9, 2012 #8 tiny-tim seboastien said: ↑ it also turns out that k is the radius of gyration and I have no scales to measure the pendulum's mass. I believe I need a y=mx + c where the y intercept will be determined by k, g by m, x by T and h by y. i'm confused … you said that K was known … seboastien said: ↑ Linearise T=2pi√(K^2 + h^2)/gh K is known constant Mar 9, 2012 #9 seboastien That's because I thought I was allowed to measure the pendulums mass. Don't worry I've worked it out...finally, turns out I've been overcomplicating things. I'll just plot a graph of h^2 against h*T^2 the y intercept will be -k^2 and the gradient will be g/4pi^2. Thanks anyway. Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook Similar Threads - Linearising compound pendulum Date Kinetic energy of a compound system (atwood machine) Nov 3, 2017 How to linearise this equation for experiment? May 2, 2017 Linearising Graph of Mass and Frequency Jul 11, 2016 Linearising Eqn for Fractal dimension Nov 25, 2012 Linearising a cosine curve Sep 16, 2012 Forums > ... > Introductory Physics Homework > MENU LOG IN OR SIGN UP 

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/linearising-compound-pendulum-equation.585280/
Re: Physics Gurus Pls Help by Tittusstar22(m): 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=ameri9ja post=65921165]

. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data Linearise T=2pi√(K^2 + h^2)/gh K is known constant This is a compound pendulum equation, I want to plot some kind of formula with variable T against some kind of formula with variable H in order to find g from the gradient. 2. Relevant equations 3. The attempt at a solution so i've got T/2pi all squared times g all substituted to x, h subbed to y and k^2 subbed to constant C and I've got the equation y^2 -yx + C=0 and tried to solve for y=x+β I've tried implicit differentiation and it's gotten me nowhere Mar 9, 2012 #2 tiny-tim hi seboastien! (try using the X2 button just above the Reply box ) seboastien said: ↑ Linearise T=2pi√(K^2 + h^2)/gh K is known constant This is a compound pendulum equation, I want to plot some kind of formula with variable T against some kind of formula with variable H in order to find g from the gradient. if K is a known constant, can't you make one of the axes √(h2 + K2) ? Lol
Re: Physics Gurus Pls Help by OmoDavido(m): 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2018
Tittusstar22:
I need someone to Transform the equation to linear form
T=2pi√(K^2 +h^2)/gh

very simple. square both sides first.

then compare with the equation of a straight line

y=mx+c

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abia State University ( ABSU ) Is Demanding For 30k Before They Can Confirm Rslt / Osun State Polytechnic, Iree Hnd Aptitude Test Past Questions... / WAEC Extends 2019 GCE Registration 2019 (first Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.