Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

How To Sell To An Idiot - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Sell To An Idiot (448 Views)

How To Sell To Nigerians — Here's How Indomie Did It / I Have An Idea I Want To Sell To A Firm. How Do I Do This Without It Stolen ? / 8 Ways To Sell To People Without Begging Them To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell To An Idiot by akinsmail51: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
Selling to an idiot isn’t difficult as long as your inner idiot is not in charge. Don’t blame your idiot customer if you can’t close the sale. Selling to a genius will be a disaster if your inner idiot is in charge. Because of the natural power advantage a current or prospective customer (idiot or genius) has over the sales professional, superior knowledge, ability to communicate, persistence, and passion are among the requirements needed to bridge the gap. Practicing the specific skills described in this and every other book ever written on the art and craft of salesmanship will sharpen your scalpel and put you in the driver’s seat, no matter how bright or dull your customers are, or, more importantly, how bright or dull you are on any given day.

Tough customers are nothing more than a reminder that you have more to learn. You have more to learn about them and more to learn about yourself. Learning about one does no good without learning about the other. At some point and at some level your inner idiot and your customer’s inner idiot share the same space in the universe. That’s the place from which to begin applying all of the natural and acquired talent and knowledge you continue to accumulate and refine. Many times, the tougher that customers are to close, the more they’re likely to buy. They just want to know if you’re really serious. Just how serious you are is up to you.

Culled from Introduction to the book "How to Sell to an Idiot" by John Hoover & Bill Sparkman

(1) (Reply)

Want Your Business To Succeed? Start Practicing Emotional Intelligence / 2k+ Youtube Subscribers On A Channel I Own (advice Needed On Marketing) / 5000 & 10,000 Capacity Strong Tarpolin Fish Pond For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.