Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,841 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC (2235 Views)

Is It A Must To Serve After Graduation? / No NYSC Mobilisation Soon - Director-General, Shuaibu / Nysc Bans Uam ,bsu Graduates From Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by IamGeorgie(m): 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
This matter has become unbearable. I don't understand why we should be treated this unfairly. This is why I have decided to share this here so that people will at least know the pains we are going through currently. I am a graduate of Uniagric Makurdi, department of Biological sciences.
We wrote our final exam on the 17th of February last year and we defended our undergraduate projects shortly after then, April precisely. Our final results and graduating list were released on the 26th of August of that same year and up till to today our results have not been approved by the school senate, not to talk of being mobilized for service.
Ideally we were supposed to be mobilised by November of last year, but somehow we were not and we all hoped that we would, during Batch A of 2018.
Initially, it was the whole graduates of 2017 that were not mobilized for NYSC 2017, batch B, but now, some departments that had their results ready and approved before the strike by NASU have been mobilized. Shortly after the strike was called off on Wednesday, an emergency meeting was held on Thursday to approve all pending results to enable mobilization for service. But to our great surprise, my department (Biological Sciences) has not even prepared the results for senate approval. We learnt that the our departmental exam officer, Mr Obi, has been busy with other things like preparing for his wedding and running his PhD program, while he is careless about preparing our results for approval.
Now, we are not certain if they will organize another senate meeting to approve our results before end of the month, because normal Senate meeting is last Thursday of every Month. We may now have to look at Batch B, 2018 for mobilisation,since uploading of potential corps members' names to NYSC portal ends on the 24th of March. This is pathetic, staying at home for two years after school before being mobilized. It's very difficult to convince friends that we did not have extra year. We can't go further with school, or even do any meaningful job since we don't have the discharge letter or exemption letter.
My prayer is that this would go as far as possible so that Nigerians will know how rotten our educational system has gone, particularly Uniagric Makurdi.
Moderators, please help move this to front page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by dammywapes(m): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
Wetin no go sup for 9ja ehn, this one strong o. 2yrs after final year exam
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by emynicedgreat: 12:32am On Mar 18, 2018
Hmmmmmm
This is total shit.
All uni Agric. behaves the same....
similarly we are passing through the same headache.
but mine was last year November and has been approved by senate but yet to be reconciled by the admin....

I just pray we make it to batch A else I will leave this country and travel to my village.
#lol

2 Likes

Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by Ibegtodiffer: 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
University of Agriculture , Makurdi needs a peculiar attention in a lot of regard. The students most often suffer the most.
1. Semester can be disrupted at anytime. So can exam be fixed at anytime.
2. Students are charged for everything
3. At times, students trek for over half a kilometer within school to get water
4. Few lecturers are dedicated. Others await appointment from administration, as such care less about us the students
5. Lecturers are perpetually complaining. They complain about incomplete payment of salaries, excessive tax & pension deductions etc. They even complain about their ASUU President who they accuse of conniving with management!
6. They are grossly understaffed. For example, Botany unit has about 5 lecturers!
7. Almost everyone is frustrated and angry
Finally, to be fair to the said exam officer, he is actually a hard working young man who is supposed to be on study leave approved by the school, yet he's teaching, supervising and working as an exam officer for the largest department in University with the least number of staff. This should not happen in the first place. Those close to the government should please help because the school authority doesn't care.
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by okpefather(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2018
It is indeed very pathetic. More so because those concerned see nothing wrong with this delay. They keep making statements like: "go and get busy till November"
As if it is easy to get busy without statement of result.
People should realise that whatever position they occupy; it is for the purpose of service which should be rendered with all diligence.

To say that I am disappointed with the attitude of the Exam officers is to say the least. What is even more annoying is that the Head of Department also sees nothing wrong with this whole delay
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by IamGeorgie(m): 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
okpefather:
It is indeed very pathetic. More so because those concerned see nothing wrong with this delay. They keep making statements like: "go and get busy till November"
As if it is easy to get busy without statement of result.
People should realise that whatever position they occupy; it is for the purpose of service which should be rendered with all diligence.

To say that I am disappointed with the attitude of the Exam officers is to say the least. What is even more annoying is that the Head of Department also sees nothing wrong with this whole delay

You've hit the nail on the head. Very apt. Why is the HOD silent about it too??
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by IamGeorgie(m): 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
University of Agriculture , Makurdi needs a peculiar attention in a lot of regard. The students most often suffer the most.
1. Semester can be disrupted at anytime. So can exam be fixed at anytime.
2. Students are charged for everything
3. At times, students trek for over half a kilometer within school to get water
4. Few lecturers are dedicated. Others await appointment from administration, as such care less about us the students
5. Lecturers are perpetually complaining. They complain about incomplete payment of salaries, excessive tax & pension deductions etc. They even complain about their ASUU President who they accuse of conniving with management!
6. They are grossly understaffed. For example, Botany unit has about 5 lecturers!
7. Almost everyone is frustrated and angry
Finally, to be fair to the said exam officer, he is actually a hard working young man who is supposed to be on study leave approved by the school, yet he's teaching, supervising and working as an exam officer for the largest department in University with the least number of staff. This should not happen in the first place. Those close to the government should please help because the school authority doesn't care.

You've got very handy info about the school, you must be a staff or a student of that department in the university. Which exactly are you?
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by Ibegtodiffer: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
IamGeorgie:

You've got very handy info about the school, you must be a staff or a student of that department in the university. Which exactly are you?

READ THE WRITE UP AGAIN.
Moreover, you don't need any effort to get info from the lecturers. Just be close to them and listen. Every student know the issues the school is facing. But there is nobody to complain to. It took the duggedness of the SUG for the school to call of it's everlasting holiday (over one month ago). We even have military check point inside the school now. That one is scaring us, yet no explanation from the school authority. I tire for them ma.
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by SerVik(m): 9:10am On Mar 19, 2018
It is indeed a very pathetic case.

It is bad enough that we had to spend 5years for a supposedly 4 years course, to spend an additional 2years at home will be nothing short of disastrous.

7 good years! In Saner climes, that is enough to complete two degrees programme.
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by 9jaown(m): 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
So no body is going from bio dept. Or they are working on it?
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by Iamfrank(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
I feel for u guys bro.... It was even last week dey approved my department.. Imagine graduating since 2016, department only sent some names, I met exam officer he said he was tired n couldn't send d other names... Can u imagine.. Uniagric na fvck up school I swear
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by IamGeorgie(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2018
Uniagric na fvck up school I swear[/quote]
Understatement
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by Kingsley1000(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2018
NA NOVEMBER BATCH B U GO FOLLOW,DO UR CLEARANCE AND COLLECT UR STATEMENT OF RESULT
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by 9jaown(m): 12:28am On Mar 24, 2018
Iamfrank:
I feel for u guys bro.... It was even last week dey approved my department.. Imagine graduating since 2016, department only sent some names, I met exam officer he said he was tired n couldn't send d other names... Can u imagine.. Uniagric na fvck up school I swear
which dept plz?
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by Okezedan(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2018
Buh someone told me that in this year Nysc that, there will be batch A(April) batch B(july) nd batch c(november). How true is this news?
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by IamGeorgie(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
9jaown:
So no body is going from bio dept. Or they are working on it?

Nobody is going.
Re: UAM Students: 1 Yr After Graduation, Results Not Ready For Approval, No NYSC by IamGeorgie(m): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
Okezedan:
Buh someone told me that in this year Nysc that, there will be batch A(April) batch B(july) nd batch c(november). How true is this news?

I have not seen the news online so I can't verify it

(1) (Reply)

Call-up Letter Now Wednesday 30th-1st Of August / Enugu State Batch C 2018 Corpers Let's Meet Up / Is Lagos State Good For Medical Doctor Corpers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.