Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Why You Are Not Better Than An Atheist. (proof Inside.) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Are Not Better Than An Atheist. (proof Inside.) (344 Views)

Except God Intervenes, Nigeria Not Better Than Sodom And Gomorrah - CAN / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Are Not Better Than An Atheist. (proof Inside.) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
Am I better than an atheist?

Am I?

I took a likening to him. Among other things, he was creative - a designer, radically intelligent and an all-rounder.

However, as we discussed topics ranging from science to philosophy, I noticed a deep loathe to the "God question".

Exchanging muses and banters on creationism and the essence of life always cascaded into fiery disagreements and displeasures from both sides.

"This was more than just atheism", I thought. This was anti-theism. His was a compulsive norm to, as though - vindictively, argue against the existence of a God figure.

We remained friends; Because beneath his maddening fury against the God construct lay a man with empathy, rugged simplicity and a jovial aura.

Then I decided to peer deeper.

Walking home on a certain day, he was rather unhinged at the happenings of that day, so he went on a rant - about his home and family life.

We deviated a little from the abstract logic of creationism and ethics; speaking to me as he would a child.

He told me how his four siblings died in a fatal plane crash. He told me how his dad (apparently disapproving of his lifestyle), blames their death on him.

My tongue dried up as he unveiled things I wouldn't want to share here.

My logic expired. The walls of my tear glands weakened, moreso because these were about the last days I will be seeing him in these parts.

I put myself in his shoes.

Will I be able to rationalize such happenings as an high level act of God? Besides, would I be able to have Faith about the process?

As the Moravians said, "Faith is a perturbing thing".

Often times, we label people based on our perceived understanding not on experiences. Logic, faith and reason fail together when the cumulation of our understanding and experiences become meshed.

At that point, we can only HOPE.

The major reason why Jesus is the way is because of the HOPE he gives - of a today, of a tomorrow and of a hereafter.

Nothing else matters.

When Stephen Hawking died, so many Christians lambasted him for being an atheist. A lot quoted "the fool has said in his heart, there is no God". I don't subscribe to that mindset. It's both negative and witchy.

At the bedside of the world's vilest, be it Voltaire or Karl Marx, still stands HOPE. Because he wouldn't break a bruised reed neither will be quench a smoking flax.

I'm no different from an atheist. Neither are you. Let HOPE guide.
Re: Why You Are Not Better Than An Atheist. (proof Inside.) by winner01(m): 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Christ did not come for Christians. Many Christians who are judgemental are only acting devilish. Christ came for sinners. And Christians should begin to respect that.
Re: Why You Are Not Better Than An Atheist. (proof Inside.) by aminu790(m): 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2018
The difference is known in reality when you are dead, if there is God you would know. Followers of some certain religious books found the concept of God in those books which atheists don't believe in. So, tentative conclusion is just beyond physical world.

(1) (Reply)

The Bride Cries Out After Her Wedding Night / This Is Certainly Not The Time For Weeping As Roman Catholic Church Has Made It / Known General Overseer Of A Church Asked His Office Workers To Swear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.