Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please (4045 Views)

Repair Of Ups,inverter And Rechargeablefan / Are U Tired Of Buying Fake ups,inverter Battery And rechargeablefan battery / Solar Powered Ups/inverter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by blkmum700: 2:24am On Mar 10, 2007
How much is ups inverter and How Long do they last using it with Laptop and landphone to browse?Somebody please help me and where can i get it.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by habumaks(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2007
How many KVA? what r u goin na use it for?

3KVA = 35
5KVA = 50
10KVA = 120
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by blkmum700: 12:02am On Mar 11, 2007
I want to use it with My Laptop and Landphone LSP 3000 multi link land phone to browse.Please How Many Hours can i Used it to Browse?
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by alabiyemmy(m): 12:28am On Mar 11, 2007
inverter? Depends on how many hours of charge it is stored before electricity is cut off, the more the battery is charged, the more it stays, the less power it gives out, the more time it stays on.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by blkmum700: 2:46am On Mar 14, 2007
Please can Somebody tell me where i can get it and give me more infor About it.i went to Computer village on monday to purchase it but i was told that 3KVA Is 60k while someone reply me here that is 30k so i'm little confused i couldnt buy it. Please fellow members who knows about it to give me more infor and where to get it before the igbo guys in computer village brake my head
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by alabiyemmy(m): 3:07am On Mar 14, 2007
Call Tunde Ojo on 08037054961. He made me one - tell him u are from Mr Alabi.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Afam(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2007
You do not need a 3kva inverter, even a 500W inverter can do but the lowest configuration we build is 1.5KVA which is more than enough.

As regards pricing, in reality whether you pay too much or too little for an inverter system is immaterial, what is important is the reliability of the inverter and the warranty that comes with it. We offer 1 year full warranty and we repair or replace completely at no cost as long as it is not due to end user abuse.

We have installed a 5kva inverter from Mega Plaza that cost N150,000.00 that packed up under 4 days and we were asked to repair and separate the charging portion since the inverter was utilizing a single transformer for both the inverter section and the charger which is not ideal even for an automatic switching type.

As for battery bank sizing, see the reproduced content below

++++++++++++++++++++++
Battery bank calculation

How do you know the number of batteries that will provide the backup you need?

To begin with, it is assumed that you have calculated the total load you want to provide backup for.

For this example let us say you need backup for 1 TV, 1 laptop, 2 fans and 4 bulbs.

Estimates

1 TV - 140W
1 Laptop - 100W
2 fans - 200W
4 (15W bulbs) - 60W

Total - 500W

So your load is 500W

Reminder: If you have a 500W load and you need to size your inverter make sure that you will accomodate for surges (starting power which may be 2, 3 or more times the rated power) that means for a typical 500W load you may use any inverter from 1000VA up.

Let us assume we want our backup to last for 24 hours non stop assuming that all the loads will be running concurrently here is what you do.

500W x 24 = 12000W or roughly 14000VA

Divide this by the acceptable depth of Discharge of most batteries (80%)

14000/0.8 = 17500

This represents your total power need, so you must provide a battery bank that can handle this.

Again, let us assume that you want to use the 12v 200Ah battery with total power of 12x200=2400

So, you get the number of batteries by dividing your total energy needs by the rated power of any battery you may choose to use, in this example we will be needing

17500/2400 = 7.29 = 8 batteries

So, if your backup plan changes to just 12hrs instead of 24hrs, you can safely use the same inverter but with 4 batteries instead of eight batteries. You can double the battery bank to 16 if you choose to design for 2 days or 48hrs.

Just remember that you can design for any lenght of backup time as long as you have the money to pay for batteries.

Battery prices (we do not manufacture them, use as a guide)

12v 200Ah (regular wet cell type)- N26,000.00 per unit

12v 200Ah (gel type) - N44,000.00 per unit

12v 200Ah (dry cell type) - N55,000.00 per unit
Reasons why inverters are better than generators

1. Inverters run silently
2. Inverters do not cause pollution
3. Inverters do not need fuel or diesel to run
4. Inverters are easy to operate

Come to think of it, we do not have a generator at our office and still we never run out of power supply, need we say more?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===

http://www.just webservices.com/jap/batteries.html or just go to www.justalternativepower.com

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by bolaoni(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2007
Thanks Afam for this Education. You are GREAT!

Let's assume I need a 1.5KVa Inverter.

How much is it going to cost me. and how long will it take for me to have it.

URGENT reply needed. kiss
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Afam(m): 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2007
bolaoni:

Thanks Afam for this Education. You are GREAT!

Let's assume I need a 1.5KVa Inverter.

How much is it going to cost me. and how long will it take for me to have it.

URGENT reply needed. kiss

You can find the prices at http://www.just webservices.com/jap/inverterconfig.html or just go to www.justalternativepower.com

It takes 7 working days to setup one if you need it as we are almost always busy building and installing them for private homes and offices.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by bolaoni(m): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2007
@ Afam,

This is what I got on visiting your link:

Error 404

Not Found

The requested URL /jap/inverterconfig.html was not found on this server.

Can you do something about it?
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Afam(m): 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2007
bolaoni:

@ Afam,

This is what I got on visiting your link:

Error 404

Not Found

The requested URL /jap/inverterconfig.html was not found on this server.

Can you do something about it?

I think the problem is with Seun the administrator who sees any link to any website as a threat to Nairaland otherwise why on earth would someone in his/her right state of mind change the web address stated on a public forum?

www.just webservices.com/jap/inverterconfig.html (remove the space between just and webservices) will take you to the website or just see www.justalternativepower.com
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by bolaoni(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2007
Thanks Afam for this. Thats so WONDERFUL of you.

Will get back to you. kiss
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2007
Afam, do you have a phone number I can reach you at? Please, text it to me at 08035427047.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Afam(m): 9:17am On Mar 27, 2007
Either 08023519492 or 08067328968 will get me, sorry for the late response.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Seun(m): 9:32am On Mar 27, 2007
I bought a 1kva automatic inverter at CeeCee Technologies in computer village for less than 28,000 naira. I'll strongly advice you to consider buying the same package. I use it with a desktop PC (6 hours, 100ah battery)!
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by blkmum700: 3:15am On Apr 30, 2007
Seun can u send me the Addree CeeCee Technologies in computer village
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by bani(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2007
Well said on the invereters and a good insight by afam. But i have to warn , u have to be careful of some 'Nigerian engineer' made inverters, ive been through 3 invereters in my cafe before the prsent one im using 'VICTRON ENERGY' i had to get it from a dealer the firm is based in the netherlands, and it has served me for a yr plus now, just regular servicing by opening and cleaning it out and battery checks.
work on recommendation if you have to deal with nigerian made, i hear there are some good ones. but be careful
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by Afam(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2007
Can't agree more with bani's warning.

Funny enough there are more sad experiences than good ones with inverter installations.

The best bet is to ask for warranties that are enforceable.

We offer 1 year full warranty, we repair or replace at no cost and no business can survive on this bold model if its products are not reliable.

That was why I stated that price is not even the important parameter as someone can sell you a cheap but very reliable inverter just as another may sell you an expensive but very unreliable inverter.
Re: How Much Is Ups Inverter Somebody Help Me Please by anizzle(m): 6:27am On May 10, 2007
i wouldn't mind one my self if only i can be sure it will serve the purpose.

(1) (Reply)

Can't Make Calls With My MTN Line / I Need A Moto X Or G Device / Used Dell Xps 14z W 750gb Hdd/4gb Ram 1gb Vram Backlit Keyboard @ 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.