Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why I Decided To Learn Programming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Decided To Learn Programming (800 Views)

My Brother Who Has Been In Peckham For 2 Years,decided To Send Me Common Perfume / 6 Reasons Why I Decided To Study In Cotonou Benin Republic / My Successor Is Still A Sinner But Decided To Choose Another. Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Decided To Learn Programming by Elthugnificent(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
With the opportunities available in the IT world, learning a programming language can go a long way in shaping the world and changing your life forever.

People pick up various programming language for different reasons, such as; improvement of job prospects, becoming your own boss, increase your logic and become more detailed oriented among other reasons.

Well mine was non of that, but happens simply after reading this joke on online ---- " A programmer got suck in the the shower, because the instruction on the shampoo bottle said..... Lather, rinse, repeat" and some crazy romantic programming quote - - - - - " hey girl, I am a read-only boolean property in your class and only you can turn me on" and finally - - - -

" how much do I love you? Let me count the ways
Int i=0;
While (1){

i++;

}

".

After seeing the above, I decided to go online and source for other cool and funny jokes/quote. But I could not understand it or find it funny in anyway, as such I just shrug.

The next day I downloaded YouTube tutorials on programming, c++ to be precise after which I installed code blocks and also downloaded some ebooks.

After a month of learning all I could on c++, I went back to those site and re-read those funny jokes/quote/meme and believe me you it was so worth it.

In conclusion, I actually learned programming to facilitate my understanding of their jokes, quote and meme. Well that shouldnt negate the fact that picked up some relevant knowledge on the way.

Re: Why I Decided To Learn Programming by Leopantro: 3:10pm On Mar 18, 2018
oh my goodness. that last picture killed me....

i recall a meme in which a compiler said there was error on line 73. the programmer corrected it and ran the code. The compiler then said there were errors on line 57, 91, 112, 273, 305........
REVERT, REVERT, REVERT

Re: Why I Decided To Learn Programming by Leopantro: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
more

Re: Why I Decided To Learn Programming by alort: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
grin
Re: Why I Decided To Learn Programming by Elthugnificent(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
Nice one leopantro.
Re: Why I Decided To Learn Programming by Leopantro: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2018

Re: Why I Decided To Learn Programming by Elthugnificent(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
cheesy smiley

(1) (Reply)

Dstv, Gotv To Air Nigerian Friendly Matches / Meet Emmanuel Daraloye - A Student Entrepreneur, Prolific Marketer And Publicist / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy: Open Letter To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.