Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

T - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / T (663 Views)

Help Solve This THERMODYNAMICS / Thermodynamics / Who Can Solve This Question On Thermodynamics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2018
Evening Guys, please I need help with this question below;
Lalasticlala,Seun,Mechanics96,Finestboy
Re: T by LordeCalifornia: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
iNewton:
Evening Guys, please I need help with this question below;
Lalastala,Sn,Mechans96,Fineoy
where exactly do you need help? here's my solution

Re: T by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 19, 2018
LordeCalifornia:
where exactly do you need help? here's my solution
I thought one could only find mass when its in the 2phase liquid-vapour region?
Re: T by LordeCalifornia: 9:48am On Mar 19, 2018
iNewton:

I thought one could only find mass when its in the 2phase liquid-vapour region?
why do you think so? .
total mass remains constant(law of conservation of mass).
From the question, we can see that at the initial state, we had a superheated steam (the total mass at this state is the mass of the vapor alone)... when the steam was cooled passed saturation point ( now we have two phases) , the total mass becomes the summation of the mass of vapour and the mass of liquid.

but I'd still like to know why you "think" the mass would change at the superheated state.
Re: T by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 19, 2018
LordeCalifornia:

why do you think so? .
total mass remains constant(law of conservation of mass).
From the question, we can see that at the initial state, we had a superheated steam (the total mass at this state is the mass of the vapor alone)... when the steam was cooled passed saturation point ( now we have two phases) , the total mass becomes the summation of the mass of vapour and the mass of liquid.

but I'd still like to know why you "think" the mass would change at the superheated state.
At the superheated state we have only Vapour, when we move to the two phase L-V region we have both Vapour and steam so I was of the opinion that we sum up the mass of vapour at superheated state+ mass of steam &Vapour at 2phaseL-V region. But you know this is not a constant Volume process ?
(Conservation of mass I.e mass at superheaated state=mass at 2phase L-V region ). How do you find the heat for the process and also what app did you use to solve the question?
Re: T by LordeCalifornia: 11:32am On Mar 19, 2018
iNewton:

At the superheated state we have only Vapour, when we move to the two phase L-V region we have both Vapour and steam so I was of the opinion that we sum up the mass of vapour at superheated state+ mass of steam &Vapour at 2phaseL-V region. But you know this is not a constant Volume process ?
(Conservation of mass I.e mass at superheaated state=mass at 2phase L-V region ). How do you find the heat for the process and also what app did you use to solve the question?
I understand what you're talking about. it'd be difficult for me to explain the concept online.
Just know that the mass of the vapour at superheated state is equal to the total mass of the system (whether constant volume or not)

I didn't use an app to solve it.
I solved it on paper, then arranged my solution using Microsoft Word because my handwriting is nothing to write home about smiley
Re: T by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
LordeCalifornia:

I understand what you're talking about. it'd be difficult for me to explain the concept online.
Just know that the mass of the vapour at superheated state is equal to the total mass of the system (whether constant volume or not)

I didn't use an app to solve it.
I solved it on paper, then arranged my solution using Microsoft Word because my handwriting is nothing to write home about smiley
Thanks, I really appreciate!

(1) (Reply)

You Can Create Another 104 Words From Word "TELEVISION" / 2018/2019 Funaab Pre Degree, Cambridge And Diploma Program Is Out For Sale. / "No Record Found" Uniabuja PUTME 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.