Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Wanted: A Business Name - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wanted: A Business Name (1291 Views)

Register Your Business Name With Us / How Can I Register A Business Name With CAC Without A Lawyer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted: A Business Name by kiwibabe(f): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2007
Hi Peeps

I needs a bit of help, I am interested in starting up a business and am in the process of doing a business plan, but one thing I cant do is find a name. I want to create a brand image you know something the sky, goggle, bbc, moschino, McDonalds, Mercedes blah blah blah you get the picture. But I want something you could possibly link to Nigeria, I want the name to represent the company rather than what I am selling (basically a service) so what I guess I am looking for is for you peeps to help me generate a list words that can be associated or remind you of Nigeria, it could be anything but not all that naira this, naija that, them ones don pass long time, just simple words. I beg please help me out ohh, (I dey struggle.)
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by Seun(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2007
I want the name to represent the company rather than what I am selling
Why don't you want the name to represent your product?

help me generate a list words that can be associated or remind you of Nigeria,
Why do you want the name of your company to be associated with the 419 capital of the world?

Ok, so the only thing that comes to my mind: NAIJA, NIGERIAN. More info required: nature of your company.
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by kiwibabe(f): 9:33am On Mar 10, 2007
Seun:

Why don't you want the name to represent your product?

I find that businesses that do well especially in the western world are companies that do not suggest the nature of their business, instead have catchy names that people remember such as the ones I listed in my first post, so when advertising with the images I decide to use and the catchy word(s) I use to promote my business I aim to stick in people's mind.

Seun:

Why do you want the name of your company to be associated with the 419 capital of the world?

Nigeria is not that bad, many other countries have been doing what Naija has been said to be associated with for a long time, its nothing new, its through our stupidity that we exposed ourselve's, our bad rep will soon pass with Gods grace in the near future.

I want a name that relates to nigeria because I intend offering services to Nigerians (Africans) in nigeria and abroad. Not all that Naija stuff, something else, the only example I can think of is like radiopalmwine, you see palmwine reminds of of Nigeria.

Seun:

More info required: nature of your company.

The nature of my business is offering tour and travel services to and from Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by naijacutee(f): 9:39am On Mar 10, 2007
I totally understand what you mean, kiwibabe. A name like "Google" will be more memorable than "Fastsearch". For travel services, how about "Comot Services" or "Gerraway" smiley
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by kiwibabe(f): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2007
naijacutee:

For travel services, how about "Comot Services" or "Gerraway" smiley

@ naijacutee
Them names are too funny, lol
grin I dont want to sound like I am chasing people away, that wont be good for business! grin
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by tonyodeh(m): 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2007
My Company is into brand design and development, our services include : naming services, Logo creation, Corporate & marketing Stationeries ( business cards, letterheads, billboards, brochures etc ), Design + Print , web design. etc u can contact us on 08023191080, 8540296. for more info.
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by SOJ(m): 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2007
baby,
what u need to do is tie your service/product with the "naija' thing and presto! you've got a name.i dig the idea that it has to be catchy but that isnt neccessary,its all up to u men.
try: afrolipso, wakabout, yamayama, sango, bamboo, well u get d gist?
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2007
Nice suggestions.
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by namdee(m): 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2007
@kiwibabe,what kind of service are you providing and and dont get this twisted which part of the country are from,am trying to figure out something for you here
Re: Wanted: A Business Name by LoverBwoy(m): 2:37am On Mar 16, 2007
The nature of my business is offering tour and travel services to and from Nigeria and Africa.

what about kiwitravels KiWiT Kiwitours, KiWiWorld(tours) KiWi

the only thing that links with nigeria apart from the obvious word is WAZOBIA  undecided

what about JetOut.com  cheesy

Yankari Tours (Safari)

kiwi is new-zealander but we can claim it with good marketiing/advert

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Sponsorship For A Radio Sports Show / Best Ways To Generate Sound Business Ideas-“the Owner Of Ideas Rule The World”. / Top Ten Lucrative Businesses You Can Start With Little Or No Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.