Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

How To Convert From3g To 4G - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Convert From3g To 4G (2751 Views)

You Can Now Upgrade Your Airtel Sim To 4G Online And Claim Your 4GB Data Free / You Can Now Upgrade Your Airtel Sim To 4G Online And Claim Your 4GB Data Free / Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Convert From3g To 4G by Ayebaeapretai(f): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
4G, or 4th generation of cellular communications technology, provides faster internet speeds than 3G and 2G. This is the age of 4G mobile internet access, as more and more subscribers migrate from 3G to 4G. Every now and then, someone asks, “How do I convert a 3G phone to 4G?”
Technically, it is possible to convert a 3G phone to 4G. But you would have to be a highly skilled electronics engineer to pull it off. Let me explain.

How to convert a 3G phone to 4G

To convert a 3G phone to 4G, you would need to change a number of key components in the device. These components include: the modem and the processor. You would need to replace the 3G modem in your phone with a 4G modem. Also, if the built-in processor does not support 4G, you would need to replace that with a 4G-compatible unit too.

Chances are that the phone’s software already support 4G, but you might also have to modify one or two things in that too. So, you pretty much have to dismantle your 3G phone and have these above modifications made in order to convert it to 4G.
Unfortunately, these parts that you need to replace are not sold in your local market, and the expertise required to make those changes are not exactly available in the average phone repair shop. Are you catching my drift? So, what do you do?
Just Replace Your 3G Phone With A 4G Phone

If you currently own a 3G phone and want a 4G phone, just purchase a 4G phone. Then sell or goft out your old 3G phone. While it is technically possible to convert your 3G phone to 4G, it is largely impracticable.

How To Choose A 4G Phone
Before choosing a 4G phone, be sure to confirm that it supports the LTE frequency band of the 4G mobile operator that you want to use it on.
There are dozens of 4G frequency bands in use around the world by various cellular carriers. If you buy a 4G phone that does not support the 4G frequency that your operator/carrier uses, your phone will not be able to connect to that 4G network. And that would be a waste.
So, check. And when in doubt, come here on xclub Forum to ask your questions. I will be there to help with answers and there are other knowledgeable users who are glad to help out.

http://www.infinix.club/forum/197/263921

Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by dsnet: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
This post was lifted from MobilityArena.com within a few hours and modified to say xClub Forum. Naija people, we hail thee for your plagiarism.

Here's the original piece: https://mobilityarena.com/convert-3g-phone-to-4g/

1 Like

Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by Ayebaeapretai(f): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
dsnet:
This post was lifted from MobilityArena.com within a few hours and modified to say xClub Forum. Naija people, we hail thee for your plagiarism.

Here's the original piece: https://mobilityarena.com/convert-3g-phone-to-4g/
xclub is an online phone mobile forum so anybody is free to share. whats your stress bros ?
How do you even know its not even the owner who posted it sef undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
Ayebaeapretai:
xclub is an online phone mobile forum so anybody is free to share. whats your stress bros ?
How do you even know its not even the owner who posted it sef undecided undecided undecided
so you're the owner abi, you for give credit to the original source

1 Like

Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by Ayebaeapretai(f): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2018
boynice:

so you're the owner abi, you for give credit to the original source
you havnt still undertood me
Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ayebaeapretai:
pls make me understand you?
Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by MobileChic: 9:35am On Apr 20, 2019
A month later and we're still waiting to understand you... undecided
Ayebaeapretai:
Re: How To Convert From3g To 4G by Osaki07: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
MobileChic:
A month later and we're still waiting to understand you... undecided
More like a year later. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There a Smartphone That Can Print out a Slip? / How Can I Download Apps On My New Blackberry 9700 Bold2 / The Tecno Phantom V Flip Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.